Guess the NBA bubble wasn’t the slam dunk Disney was hoping for

durangojim

Original Poster
Lots of stories coming out now on news outlets with player complaining about their experiences and how’ll they be staying away from WDW for a long time. I doubt this is what Chapek was hoping for when they created this thing.

Edit: I'm not saying I agree with the article or anything about the players, I just think many thought this would be a great PR experience for Disney and it doesn't really appear to be so.

Last edited:

Heppenheimer

Lots of stories coming out now on news outlets with player complaining about their experiences and how’ll they be staying away from WDW for a long time. I doubt this is what Chapek was hoping for when they created this thing.

Seems more like a reaction to being stuck in the same place for months with no freedom of movement, rather than a complaint specifically about Disney in particular.

You feel the same way after a military deployment.

larryz

Today's Maytag Repairman
Premium Member

Network Operations taking a shot at Parks, Resorts and Merchandise... no surprise here. :cautious:

Last edited:

Lilofan

Davis is no fool. Drumming up support so the Lakers can give him more $$ to keep playing in LA.

wdwmagic

Administrator
It's a hard life being paid millions of dollars to stay in a place that some people save for a lifetime to go to. My heart goes out to the players.

gordon ramsay GIF

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member

Did you even read the article because it doesn't comport with your clickbait thread title.

Also, if there are really "lLots of stories coming out now on news outlets with player complaining about their experiences and how’ll they be staying away from WDW for a long time," mind linking a few of them to back up that claim?

durangojim

Original Poster
Did you even read the article because it doesn't comport with your clickbait thread title.

Also, if there are really "lLots of stories coming out now on news outlets with player complaining about their experiences and how’ll they be staying away from WDW for a long time," mind linking a few of them to back up that claim?
I didn't realize one could have a clickbait title on a message board but sure. Sorry someone urinated in your cornflakes this morning. I posted this because it was trending on Twitter this morning. Disney thought that the players would be posting and news would be reporting about what a great time they had at WDW. Instead Disney's getting bad press. It seems like you're taking this personally, which is weird. I'm not saying if they had a good time or not, all I'm saying is from a PR perspective this wasn't great and I doubt it will make people want to go to WDW.
If you want examples here you go:

That quote really screams "Disney is awesome, come here if you can because it is amazing!"

If you can link to some positive press specifically about the great times the players had where they speak about how they'll be coming back to Disney or how much they'll miss it, I would love to see them.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
I didn't realize one could have a clickbait title on a message board but sure. Sorry someone urinated in your cornflakes this morning. I posted this because it was trending on Twitter this morning. Disney thought that the players would be posting and news would be reporting about what a great time they had at WDW. Instead Disney's getting bad press. It seems like you're taking this personally, which is weird. I'm not saying if they had a good time or not, all I'm saying is from a PR perspective this wasn't great and I doubt it will make people want to go to WDW.
If you want examples here you go:

That quote really screams "Disney is awesome, come here if you can because it is amazing!"

If you can link to some positive press specifically about the great times the players had where they speak about how they'll be coming back to Disney or how much they'll miss it, I would love to see them.
Players upset over police brutality toward Blacks was a reason why the bubble almost didn't take place to begin with (cf. Zion). That they wanted to leave over it isn't surprising... they held up games for a few day because of it.

Had nothing to do with Disney. If you think that gives Disney a black eye, you're welcome to that unfathomable opinion.

Top Bottom