Gucci65's 12/3-12/8 Trip Report

FRIDAY: Took the whole day off work, can you believe it? No, I didn't get to sleep in. I had drop Lindsay (a/k/a Boo47) off at school, then go thru my list to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Went to Publix, picked up some granola bars, Advil, bandaids, etc. in case of emergencies (never paying $4.00 for 2 bandaids - NEVER AGAIN). Dad got home and we left to pick Lindsay up at school at 12:35pm (so she would not be counted as absent for the day). Then we sped down to Hartsfield Airport. We made record time considering our flight was due to leave at 2:41pm. We checked in around 1:45 and after going thru security, Dad & Lindsay got some chinese for lunch. The flight was full and ended up leaving 20 minutes late. I sat next to some old fart who kept insisting that I was sitting in his seat (by the window) despite the fact that I showed him my ticket. Hello!!!!!!! During the flight, Dad was eating his pretzels (given as his Delta snack) when he proceeded to break a tooth. When we finally arrive in Orlando, I inform our driver that I would in fact be needing the 30 minute grocery stop. He informed me that those are usually given if they are requested in advance and since our flight was late, he could not accomodate us. He was real nice about it, but it still ticked me off. We arrived at Caribbean Beach Resort (to be know as CBR for the rest of the report) around 4:30/5 to check in. What a beautiful resort! We stayed in Barbados, Building 15 and until Tuesday night were the only people on that side of the building. Barbados is next to the main house and a short walk from the food court. A beach was right out front of our building ,complete with hammocks. The Illuminations show at Epcot could be seen from the beach OR heard anywhere on the property. We check out our room, unpacked our bags and called our friends Denise Fuller (first visit in 32 years) and the entire (Anthony (34), Heather (32), Allyssa (13), Jessica (12), Summer (7) & little Anthony (5) or as I like to call him "Major Pane") Pane Family who had arrived a few hours earlier and were staying at Pop Century. We decided to meet at Downtown Disney. A short walk to the bus stop and we were in Downtown Disney. We did some shopping, then decided to have dinner at Wolfgang Puck's Expess. I had a ceaser chicken sandwich which was awesome!!!! Did some more shopping then decided to call it a night. Dad & Lindsay went back to CBR to get ready for bed and I went back to Pop Century with the rest of the gang. The Pane Family had driven down from Atlanta earlier in the day and I asked Anthony if he would take me to CVS in order to get some orthontia wax for Dad's tooth. His tooth was not broken at the root, but it was cutting the inside of his lip open (and wax would prevent this). We found the wax and he dropped me off at CBR. Dad & Lindsay had gone to the food court while I was gone for drinks and laid on hammocks on the beach and watched the fireworks from Illuminations. Time for bed!! I forgot to mention that it was a little chilly, so we left our jeans on and took a light jacket with us when we went to Downtown Disney.

SATURDAY: Up at 7am to get in the shower. Dad, Linds & I had decided that we would avoid Magic Kingdom until after the weekend since they were taping the Christmas parade Friday, Saturday & Sunday. We opted for Animal Kingdom which opened at 9am. After everyone was ready, we went to the food court so Lindsay could get some breakfast (and a bagel for me :0)). Met Denise & the Panes at the front of AK and proceed to make our way to the back of the park so we could ride the safari first thing. From there we went to the Festival of the Lion King which was great as usual - new lights do enhance the show. Tough to Be a Bug, Primevil Whirl, Dinosaur all still awesome. Around 4:00pm me, Dad, Linds & Anthony left the park and headed for MGM and Denise & the rest of the Panes headed for MK in order to save some curb space on Main Street USA for the SpectroMagic Parade at 9pm. The four of us were going to MGM in order to have dinner with wdwmagic.com members at the 50's PrimeTime Cafe. Since we got there early we went & stood in line for Rock'n Rollercoaster (shh, don't tell the rest of the group). Then we walked over to the restaurant. I did not see any wdwmagic.com t-shirts so I went in front and inquired about the reservation for 35 people. I was told by the CM that there was a mixup and our reservation wasn't until the next night. They told me I could back to the tables and at least introduce myself. Since I had paid a $40 deposit, I figured I had better go find Pam (the coordinator) and let her know that I would not be attending the next night & to get my deposit back. I went to these peoples table, and lo & behold it was not our group. At this point, Anthony suggested going over to Epcot for dinner and as we were headed out the park I spotted a wdwmagic.com t-shirt. I walked up to the woman & introducted myself. Turns out it was Pam (Kingdom Konsultant). I told her what happened with the CMs up front and she was not to happy. Needless to say, we stayed for dinner. I had pot roast which was delicious, Anthony & Dad had fried chicken and Lindsay had mac&cheese with the BIGGEST milkshake I have ever seen!!! Dad & Anthony kept getting into trouble with the waitress for putting their elbows on the tables, asking for things, etc. It was pretty funny. In addition to Pam, I met: WannaBeBelle, MKT, ClemsonTigger, Mitzer, NSCMC, TheMom and few more I have forgotten their names. (sorry) Oh well........After dinner, we said our goodbyes and headed for MK. When you catch the bus at a park and head for MK, they no longer take you directly to MK, they take you to the Ticket & Transportation center. From there you catch the monorail OR the ferry boat to MK. I asked a CM about sitting in the front of the monorail and he said he had room from two more. He asked if I wanted to go, I said Dad & Lindsay did so they rode up front while Anthony & I rode in the car behind. I think they enjoyed it. When we got to MK we found Denise & the Panes across the street from Mighty Casey's. SpectroMagic was great as usual. We decided to skip Wishes since we would be seeing it the next night and all headed for the exits. With the exception of Anthony, Summer & the Major. They stayed in the park til it closed & didn't get back until midnight. When we seen Anthony the next day, he was very grumpy!! Weather was still cold. We wore jeans & light jackets all day.

SUNDAY: Up at 7am, everyone showered & out the door at 8. Ate breakfast in the food court and caught a Mears bus to Universal Studios. This was a warm day. We wore shorts & took a light jacket (which we did not need). (Denise & the Panes went to MK & Epcot. ) Dad, Lindsay & I headed straight back to Revenge of the Mummy and rode it three times in a row. It is an indoor coaster that now stands where King Kong used to be. I miss Kong, but this ride is good!! No loops or cobra rolls, but still a fun coaster. After that we headed to Twister, Earthquake, Jaws (where Lindsay & I got soaked), Men In Black, Back to The Future, E.T., Terminator and finally Shrek that was pretty good. We had a hamburger for lunch at Mel's then headed back to ride the Mummy two more times before leaving the park. We got picked up by Mears at 4:30 and headed back to CBR to get ready for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at MK. This event was to take place from 7pm to midnight. We changed into jeans, but we really didn't need them - we would have been fine in our shorts. We got there around 6pm and found the Panes. Bought our MVMCP pins for Lindsay, then got some cookies & hot chocolate and found some curbspace for the 8:15 parade. This parade was delayed until 8:45 because some poor woman fell in front of the fire station (where the parade comes out of) and busted her head open. CMs kept telling us Wishes would start on time at 9:15...........it did not. It started at 9:45pm. Still an excellent show, especially at MCMCP (the finale is in 360). We went to go get our free family photo and the line (inside Timekeeper - what a shame) was crazy so we decided we didn't want the picture and left the building. Well when we get near the door we are stopped by a CM who asks where we are going and we say we don't want to wait. What happens next? Yep, they take our picture and we are out the door in 5 mins. Just in time to catch Mickey's Twas The Night Before Christmas show at the Tomorrowland Stage. After that we had to find Lindsay some food and head back to CBR. We are all tired at this point. The good news is that I bought a pair of New Balance for heading for WDW. I kind of broke them in by walking 4 miles on the treadmill before we left. For the first time, my feet are in good shape!!!!

Nicole

I'm interested! I just got back Sunday night so couldn't read your report earlier. We were at CBR too starting Monday - but we were in Jamaica, and also seemed to have the building to ourselves. I loved CBR, especially since I had my car and the parking was so convenient. But it was nice on the busses too, I rarely had to wait and they were usually not full.

wdwhoneymooner

Gucci65 said:
Deleted due to lack of interest

NNNNOOOOOOO!!! Please repost. Been busy here also trying to get Christmas cards out (finally). And it will deflect attention from me not posting my trip report. :lookaroun

Gucci65

Original Poster
I will post the rest this afternoon.

Sorry, I just thought if no one was interested - I wouldn't waste my time or theirs :hammer: :lol:

Wckd Queen

We ate at Wolfgang Pucks Express too. I had the linguine. They cooked it up fresh right there and it was totally yum. My parents had pizzas and loved em! Now Im hungry! Please, post the rest so I can salivate some more! :lol:

Gucci65

Original Poster
Okay, I made some changes (Lisa - I'm sure they will look familiar :lol: )

MONDAY: Up at 7am again. Every showered and out the door by 8am. Head for the food court and breakfast. Catch a bus for Epcot. Denise & the Panes have all slept in, stayed out too late the previous night. This is another warm day. Shorts, left the jackets in a locker at the front of the park - never needed them. Soon as we got to the park we headed straight for Mission Space. Awesome ride. I laugh so hard, I know the skin on my cheeks is over my ears from the G's we are pulling. We go ride Test Track, then back to Mission Space again. By this time, Denise & the Panes have shown up. We head over to The Land since Lindsay always likes this ride (don't quite know why). Afterwards Dad, Lindsay & I decided to stay in the land and get Lindsay some spaghetti. The rest of the gang heads back to Mission Space & Test Track. We head straight for the countries, Lindsay has decided to make yet another mask. This includes a stop in each country for a stamp and whatever little cardboard attachment they hook onto her mask. Watched Off Kilter. Dad is not impressed. We seen American Adventure and the beautiful Voices of Liberty. Denise meets up with the three of us and we head for the Nine Dragons in the China Pavilion. We had a Candlelight Processional dinner package at 5:30pm. We get to watch the Chinese kids perform all kinds of funky gymnastic maneuvers. With the package, you get a appeziter (each), an entree (each) and a dessert (each). Denise & I had pot-stickers, Lindsay had egg rolls and Dad had the Drunken Chicken (cold cooked chicken that came floating in wine in a clay jar). Needless to say, Dad did not like his drunken chicken. We still tease him about it. Lindsay and Denise swapped appetizers. I had beef & scallions w/ garlic noodles, Dad has some kind of spicey chicken, Denise had General Tso's chicken & Lindsay had chicken fried rice. For dessert, they brought us all a huge piece of death by chocolate mousse. For the price we paid, we ATE it all!!!! Then Lindsay and I ran half way around the world in order to get in line for the Candlelight Processional. Dad found some coffee and strolled around. Denise did some shopping. Everyone was back in time when they started seating us around 7:45pm. It was a beautiful show. Jim Caviezel has truly been touched by God. If he was faking his emotion, then he such be an academy award winning actor. Several times during his narration, Mr. Caviezel become choked up. It was very touching and had me in tears before the performance was over.

After the show was over, we all went to find a spot for Illuminations at 9:30pm (show in the middle of the lake). Anthony & Allyssa joined the four of us. The rest of the Panes tired out before Candlelight and went back to their rooms. Illuminations was great and the 5 minute Christmas addition was spectacular!!!! We left Epcot and headed back to the room. Tired, but happy - another beautiful day in Walt Disney World.

Gucci65

Original Poster
TUESDAY: Up early. We had a breakfast PS at O'Hanas in the Polynesian for 7:30am. The Panes picked us up in the parking lot of Barbados at CBR. Short ride over to the Poly, not a bad ride in spite of the fact that 10 people were crammed in a trailblazer - LOL. Our group picture was taken by a CM before we sat down for breakfast (another ploy to get money out of you). We did not like the pictures and therefore did not buy the package.

Anyway, we were led to a table with three loaves of friendship bread, which was pretty good. Our waitress brought two gigantic frying pans full of food out to our table. They contained eggs, sausages, biscuits, bacon & Mickey waffles. It was okay. I'm not really a huge breakfast fan.....on the brighter side Mickey, Goofy, Chip & Dale all made their way to our table and everyone had their picture made. With breakfast over, we all pile into the car and head for MGM since this was their extra magic hour day (open 1 earlier for resort guests). I forgot to mention that this was another warm day (shorts), but I took our jackets just in case and rented a locker. While all this was going on, there was a camera crew taping a spot for the upcoming Christmas day special on ABC. They asked Lindsay if she would like to participate. She said yes, of course. Heather signed the permission form for all of us to be in the shoot. You won't see us, but you should definately see Lindsay, Allyssa, Jessica, Summer & the Major since they were all in the front.

After that we make a bee line to RNR. Get off and ride again. Get a fastpass and head over to TOT - still fun as ever. Ride RNR one more time and head for the GMR, stop & get fastpasses for Little Mermaid first. GMR still fun, but I'm with everyone else in saying there need to be some updates. Off to see the Little Mermaid. I love the "Under the Sea" act - it's definately my favorite. After that we head on over to see the Beauty & the Beast show, Lindsay confides that she loves this show and is glad that we have taken the time to see it.........there's a piece of info I need to store for future trips. After B&TB we head over to Star Tours to meet up with Anthony & the Major. They decided to skip B&TB, two princesses in a row was more than they could stomach. Everyone decided to get a hamburger/hotdog at the Backlot Express, while Jessica & I walked down to the Pizza Planet for za. I was burgered out at this point. After lunch we went on Star Tours, the Backlot Tour (w/ Catastrophe Canyon), ate some ice cream, looked at One Man's Dream and missed the Indy Show by 5 mins. Oh well. So we head to RNR & TOT. Dad and I notice the time is 5:15pm and decide we better head to Fantasmic and get Lindsay's seats--------Front & Center!!! The rest of the gang stays behind to continue riding RNR & TOT. Anthony had said at first he wasn't going to watch the show, but changed his mind and showed up with the rest of the gang about 30 mins before showtime. Fantasmic was awesome as usual. A few changes have been added, like new fireworks around the base of the mtn & a new dragon. Denise said she was blown away, that this was the best thing she had seen yet, said she could have sat there all day waiting for the show.

Fantasmic over, so we headed to New York St (near the Backlot Tours) in order to see the Osbourne Lights. It was okay. I'm spoiled. I remember the days when the lights went all the way thru the residental streets of the backlot tour. It was still pretty.......

We head for the front of the park and pick up Dad's new jacket. At this point we say goodbye to Denise and the Pane Family. Denise's flight leaves at 11am tomorrow and the Panes are driving back home. We hop on the bus and head back to CBR to pack and get ready for bed. While packing we hear the Illuminations from Epcot and the windows are literally rattling in their frames.

Final day to follow soon!

DDuckFan130

Ooh my mouth watered at the thought of Mickey Waffles at O'Hana's :slurp:. Hopefully if we go for my birthday we can eat breakfast there :D.

I know we just went twice in two weeks, but I want to go again. Like I said, if we go for my birthday, it'll be in a month :lol:.

Wckd Queen

Girl, this trip report is making my mouth water! :lol: I loooove Mickey waffles..and I ordinarily don't eat waffles! I saw a Micky waffle iron on QVC the other night and almost bought it since I also found a recipe for Mickey waffles online :D

Anxiously awaiting the final day!

tigsmom

Getting to WDW at Christmastime is one of my goals. Sounds like you had a great time! (despite a rough start) I'm hoping there will be another summer meet because hanging out with everyone is so much fun.

I too am one of the ones who read, but didn't post...sorry.

Mitzer

Gucci65 said:
Deleted due to lack of interest

You know I am interested, but I have just been too busy chatting on the phone with you instead... :lol: :animwink:

See you Sunday...looking forward to it!

Gucci65

Original Poster
It wasn't meant to be as ugly as it looked. I just thought that ssssoooo many people were posting trip reports that it was an overload.

I know I'm loved.....and by whom :wave:

JBSLJames

Thanks. :wave: Really enjoying reading your report. I think I enjoy them much more now that I have been. I find it easy to visualize what you are talking about. Sounds like you had a great time.

As far as no one posting replies, my day 4 report (MGM) has had 24 views but zero replies. Oh well. I wrote the reports as much to relive the trip as to inform. It's all good.

wdwhoneymooner

My kind of report: food, fun, food, shows & food. Sounds like lotso'fun! I must admit I was impressed the first time I saw the Little Mermaid show @ MGM. I went as a "good sport" with my GF (now wife) and was talking about it more than she did. :lookaroun

We're glad you changed your mind and decided to repost. :wave:

DDuckFan130

Wckd Queen said:
Girl, this trip report is making my mouth water! :lol: I loooove Mickey waffles..and I ordinarily don't eat waffles! I saw a Micky waffle iron on QVC the other night and almost bought it since I also found a recipe for Mickey waffles online :D

Anxiously awaiting the final day!
You found the recipe??? :slurp: Where??

wannabeBelle

Hey!!!! I Am interested as well!!! Just getting caught up on all of my stuff after being in the World for a week!! Wasn Jim Caveziel outstanding?? I Am glad I recommended the Candlelight Dinner package. My friends and I didnt do it and didnt get in until about 20 minutes into the show and just barely then!!!! Hope you had as great of a time as I did on your trip and I Am sorry we didnt get to chat more while we were in MGM!!! Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom