Guardians Tower announcement Saturday in SD ...

LongLiveTheKing

Not taking a strong position here, but it seemed to me that ToT was far less popular at California Adventure than it is in Florida
ToT CA never has less than an hour plus wait. It frequently goes to two. My family has never gone on that ride without a fast pass because of the line since California Adventure opened. Tower Of Tower in California is literally anything but unpopular.

Stitchon

ToT CA never has less than an hour plus wait. It frequently goes to two. My family has never gone on that ride without a fast pass because of the line since California Adventure opened. Tower Of Tower in California is literally anything but unpopular.

For most of its early life, it was a walk-on. But once the DCA makeover happened (and they opened the artery between Bugs Land and TOT), that changed drastically.

DisneyCane

I realize that ToT in its current form (at any park) probably doesn't sell as much merchandise in the gift shop as GotG might, but I don't know why you would spend a decent amount of money to overlay a popular attraction. I can't imagine more than a very few GotG fanatics would consider going to a park because ToT is themed to GotG.

It is a great ride (at least in FL, never rode others) as it is. It is, by far, the best themed and executed thrill ride in FL. It won't get "better" by making it GotG.

If they were going to bring GotG into the studios, overlaying Rock n' Rollercoaster would take a fun ride, possibly allow "plussing" of some props and modernize the theme. I love Aersomith but they are getting into the night time of their career. GotG gives a reason for the classic music.

Hopefully the reports/rumors of GotG taking over Energy at Epcot are true. That would have a chance to make a ride much better and much more popular and might actually draw people to Epcot that wouldn't have gone otherwise.

PiratesoftheHM

I went to Chamber of Commerce the other night to try to leave a comment about my disappointment in the change. The conversation:

Me: "Hi, I was wondering if I could leave a comment about..."
CM: *starts to open drawer to get paper*
Me: "The Tower of Terror change"
CM: *closes drawer*

Then proceeds to tell me there is no way for me to leave a comment about "that building". Seriously? That building? It's not a sound stage, it was a purpose-built ride. Anyway, he told me to send an email instead. No surprise the frontline CMs are being instructed to try to censor people on the change. Half the people they tell to email will forget or not bother.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom