Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark coming this Halloween

Professortango1

Where did I say Disney NEVER plastered the villains at DL's entrance?

My questions weren't answered.

Well, you did previously say "The villains have been "taking over Disneyland" for years, and they haven't been plastered over the entrance." I showed that the Disney villains were more obstructive than this incarnation.

You also asked why The Horseman was across the way. I did answer that. The Horseman is one of the Halloween symbols/characters Disney regularly uses. Since Halloween is moving to DCA, that same imagery will be found there instead. I imagine you will also see pumpkins, scarecrows, Disney villains, and other such imagery in DCA. The Headless Horseman fits a 1900's street in Middle America as well as it fits a 1920's street on the West Coast. What's not to understand?

Professortango1

I think it looks more like the Headless Horseman from the tv show Sleepy Hallow.

It looks like they took the maquette and then tried to style it like a statue one would see in a town square.
7d208054c63562689a6ae2d5a49f4d1f.jpg

SSG

TAKE A LOOK INSIDE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - MONSTERS AFTER DARK
Published Sep 14, 2017 By Ben Morse
mad_post_master.jpg

Opening soon during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort!

As Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort expands to Disney California Adventure park, guests will discover a new adventure when night falls at The Collector’s Fortress. Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark picks up moments after the events of Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!, which continues throughout the season during daylight hours.
GOTG-MADConceptMarked-1.jpg

While escaping The Collector’s Fortress, the Guardians have accidentally left Groot behind, so Rocket needs your help to find and rescue his little buddy. But along with the creatures that have been accidentally released inside The Collector’s Fortress, one terrifying monster you will encounter is Surtur’s Fire Dragon, seen in the artist’s rendering above from Walt Disney Imagineering. This terrifying monster will also appear in the upcoming “Thor: Ragnarok” in theaters on November 3.

Help #SaveGroot at Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark, each night during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, September 15-October 31, with Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! continuing throughout the season during the day.

D

Deleted member 107043

I'm not a huge fan of seasonal overlays. In particular Halloween @ Disney parks. Its just not their thing. However, considering their content and demo they cater to I think they do a pretty good job. I prefer DL in classic mode from the end of January thru late August.

Christmas time at DL is pretty nice though.

Totally agree. There's nothing about events like Season of Heroes or this Halloween stuff that appeals to me.

Kiwiduck

This a snippet of the Guardians Halloween lighting from the Magical Journeys vlog (this couple mostly focuses on food. I like them a lot and the guy has a umm....very pleasing voice).

I think the new lighting effects look great and should have looked like this from the day the attraction opened.

alias8703

I think the new lighting effects look great and should have looked like this from the day the attraction opened.

Can that stay year round?

Agreed, that looks way better than the regular version.

What a difference some creative lighting and projection effects can do on that trash dumpster of a façade.

There's no excuse for it not to look like this year round. They originally said the tubes would be "pulsating with light" in the press release. This is that. Therefor it should be there always. At the very least every 10 mins.

Kiwiduck

There's no excuse for it not to look like this year round. They originally said the tubes would be "pulsating with light" in the press release. This is that. Therefor it should be there always. At the very least every 10 mins.
This is what I imagined when they first described the lighting many months ago. I like the colour scheme and it gives some purpose to the weird void in the middle of the building. I hope that now they have created something that works well that they stick with it.

Phroobar

Maybe the lighting package project was delayed until now? Maybe they can make a lighting package that looks like the Hollywood Tower Hotel?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom