Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark coming this Halloween

TP2000

Original Poster
The rumor that Miceage wrote about earlier this summer is true... Guardians is getting a Halloween overlay this fall! http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/2...of-the-galaxy-at-disney-california-adventure/

From the article:

"By day it will be the current attraction, but at night it will be transformed into Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark.

Besides the current escape storyline, the after dark version will pick up moments afterwards as Rocket Raccoon discovers that they left Groot behind, and Rocket has to distract all the monsters that were freed during the escape to rescue Baby Groot.

To set the stage for the after dark experience, there will be a nightly transformation that starts with the exterior lighting on the building going dark. Then alarms will sound and new, eerie, lighting will shine on the exterior of the building.

Once visitors are inside, there will be more alarms, and sounds of monsters creeping around the building.

Tyler Bates, composer for the “Guardians of the Galaxy” films, wrote a new 1970s-style punk rock song called “Monsters After Dark” for this experience."

britain

The rumor that Miceage wrote about earlier this summer is true... Guardians is getting a Halloween overlay this fall! http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/2...of-the-galaxy-at-disney-california-adventure/

From the article:

"By day it will be the current attraction, but at night it will be transformed into Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark.

Besides the current escape storyline, the after dark version will pick up moments afterwards as Rocket Raccoon discovers that they left Groot behind, and Rocket has to distract all the monsters that were freed during the escape to rescue Baby Groot.

To set the stage for the after dark experience, there will be a nightly transformation that starts with the exterior lighting on the building going dark. Then alarms will sound and new, eerie, lighting will shine on the exterior of the building.

Once visitors are inside, there will be more alarms, and sounds of monsters creeping around the building.

Tyler Bates, composer for the “Guardians of the Galaxy” films, wrote a new 1970s-style punk rock song called “Monsters After Dark” for this experience."

Dang, I was hoping for Thriller.

I dare say, is this the first time there has been an actual sequel attraction? Storyline-wise?

GiveMeTheMusic

An overlay on top of an overlay. Basically more crap on top of the poor carcass of Tower Of Terror.

People keep saying this, but GOTG is not an overlay. An overlay is inherently temporary - it overlays existing sets and elements. Haunted Mansion Holiday is an overlay. GOTG is a permanent attraction that could not be easily converted back to TOT.

GOTG: Monsters After Dark is an overlay. GOTG: Mission Breakout! is not. Just like Frozen Ever After, which is not an overlay either.

Sorry, semantics I know but it's driving me nuts

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
People keep saying this, but GOTG is not an overlay. An overlay is inherently temporary - it overlays existing sets and elements. Haunted Mansion Holiday is an overlay. GOTG is a permanent attraction that could not be easily converted back to TOT.

Yeah, right. It's an overlay on top of an existing attraction. They basically painted over and redecorated what was already there and what little new stuff that was installed is mostly props, screens and projections. All could be just as easily swapped out and replaced with the next IP Disney wants to shoehorn into the park.

Last edited:

Phroobar

What I like about HMH is the giant advent calendar with all the characters in the loading area. Its adds something to the black empty box of a room.

George Lucas on a Bench

Believe it or not, we may not have to if some people have their way once Star Wars opens.

What I like about HMH is the giant advent calendar with all the characters in the loading area. Its adds something to the black empty box of a room.

852.gif

The misty wall with the staircase ramps, cobwebbed chandeliers and ice cream swirl lights is as charming as life itself will ever get.

TROR

I agree, as I'm not a fan of the attraction. But that doesn't change that it's not temporary, which overlays are.
I'd argue it is temporary, actually, just not in the sense Tower of Terror will be returning. The fact they're already changing it a few months out shows just how easily it can be replaced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom