Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. ‘Get out of here, baldy!’ they said. ‘Get out of here, baldy!’ He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

2 Kings 2:23-2

Lesson: Don't jeer at the CBJ.

2351metalcloud

In Hong Kong they added Mystic Manor and Big Grizzly Mountain. Shanghai opened with Roaring Rapids but it's been sparse hear since EE.

This place seems like it will not have any ip that first debuted outside the park when it opens. Does this count as a theme park, resort, both, or neither?

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villages_Nature

disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2016/06/disneyland-paris-villages-nature.html

Last edited:

No Name

This place seems like it will not have any ip that first debuted outside the park when it opens. Does this count as a theme park, resort, both, or neither?

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villages_Nature

disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2016/06/disneyland-paris-villages-nature.html

It's a woodsy getaway resort that's majority-owned and operated by a company called Center Parcs.

This company has over 20 of these places; you can see them listed at the bottom of this page http://www.centerparcs.com/gb-en?gclid=CN2xn4bz_9MCFVuBswodPEUO_A
While each resort is somewhat different, they all follow the same general formula. A look at the activities page on one of the resort's sites should give you a solid idea.

My point is, Disney simply has some ownership in this new one, Villages Nature, probably because it's near Disneyland Paris. This isn't their idea, and I imagine the Disney name won't have any presence here. If so, very very minimal.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I disagree. If Walt Disney asked what people want to see at Disneyland, he would have gotten requests for things that are already at other amusement parks of the time. It took thinking outside of the box to create POTC or the HM. No one would ever request that kind of thing. Just look at our own responses to that question. Most forum members would respond with bring back something that use to exist instead of something complete new and outside of the box.

Disney should never listen to us. They should be creative and think outside the hot IP box.
Pretty sure now they are only listening to cash registers.

Cesar R M

So the ride is outdated because the IP is outdated? What a terribly poor thought.
A great attraction thrives on its own merit, and doesn't benefit from be carried on the shoulders of the latest and greatest franchise.

ToT is/was one of those. In fact, it's such a good ride that many people who've never been to a Disney park know of the Tower of Terror. It's thrived on its own merit. Similarly, hardly anyone knows what Song of the South is, but Splash Mountain is a popular ride. These rides have become their own IP.

By your logic, I guess Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, the Haunted Mansion, the Matterhorn, the Jungle Cruise, and, Soarin' are all dated, since they don't have any latest and greatest movie IP. They're definitely NOT among the most popular rides... no... of course not!
:banghead:
I wonder how long until we see THE ROCK in the Jungle Cruise.

Not sure if this has already been posted.
From @TheChrisGlass on Twitter.
DAT1KF2XoAEpMx0.jpg
https://twitter.com/TheChrisGlass/status/866086584671719424

yookeroo

I recommend you to reread the entire conversation. because its clear you missed a huge bunch.

Naaah. I don't think I'm going to do that. As much as I'd like the opportunity to judge some posts, I think I'll pass. There's a whole lot there I don't really feel the need to reread (especially since most of it will be slightly reworded and posted again soon enough).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom