Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

D

Deleted member 107043

Did you ever notice that most of the detail on the facade is also just painted on and not actually real ornamental pieces.

No, not until now, which I suppose is something kind of remarkable when you think about it. While the details aren't great, it's the building's brutish silhouette and bizarre fenestration that I'm mostly bothered by when I look at it closely.

Phroobar

I'm at the park right now...Scaffolding is up on the front facade between the elevator shafts:

IMG_4593_zpsh5xkylu9.jpg
I wonder if they will extend the toothpicks across the top front leaving just the elevator doors open.

jt04

So it's been suggested by some that Joe is not really into this overlay. Oddly, the same was said about Pandora during the concept stage and we see how amazing it is.

So the "Joe's heart isn't in it" meme is a half-baked idea. You heard it hear first.

SuddenStorm

About the ear- I thought Disney had strict dress and appearance standards for it's employees? I don't mind piercings or anything but that ear is over the top- I'm just surprised Disney released a video without editing the ear digitally or something. And I don't think him being Joe is a valid reason to ignore looking professional.

D

Deleted member 107043

Joe is a creative genius, and Disney would be pretty stupid to dismiss him just because his ear is unattractive. Besides, his ear ornamentation has nothing to do with the work he produces. As much as I dislike his personal style choices I'm more bothered by the large population of unhealthy looking cast members who work in the parks. The last time I was there I couldn't help but wonder what kind of food Disney is serving those poor people in the employee cafeterias.

tikiphil

Joe is a creative genius, and Disney would be pretty stupid to dismiss him just because his ear is unattractive. Besides, his ear ornamentation has nothing to do with the work he produces. As much as I dislike his personal style choices I'm more bothered by the large population of unhealthy looking cast members who work in the parks. The last time I was there I couldn't help but wonder what kind of food Disney is serving those poor people in the employee cafeterias.

I always see comments about "Walt is rolling over in his grave". I always find these comment to be stupid because no one really knows what Walt would think if he was still alive. He was always changing and evolving and moving on to the next great idea. That being said - this is the first time that I truly believe that Walt is rolling in his grave because a Disney representative (at any level) would have an ear like that and it would be so prominently displayed in a company released video.

mickEblu

Executives can do what they want. I bet all the stupid learning center classes I have to do at work are not done by the senior executives.

Are you talking bout the ones where you just press NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT until the quiz comes up? Then proceed to ace the quiz with common sense and multiple choice / true false test taking skills?

I always wonder what they think when it shows that I read 60 slides and took a test in two minutes and 13 seconds.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom