Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Phroobar

christie-fleischer-445px.png

Looking at this picture. I don't think she was outside when it was taken.

Ismael Flores

The thing I can't figure out is what they're going to do with the Red Car Trolley. Is it just going to run past Marvel Land and the new space-themed Tower? Before I would have thought this to be completely improbable, but given Disney's recent displays of what they care about cohesive theming, I'm nervous.
It will be interesting to see what they do, but let's not forget that the Agent Carter series season two took place in Los Angeles. I could very well see Disney integrating a much more highly detailed old Los Angeles Into the main drag of the land. That is if all of Hollywood land will change. In my opinion also I see the trolley as a transportation system similar to the train and monorail in Disneyland. Both of those travel to areas of the park that do not fit with their theming.

I am actually more curious as to what will happen with the two attractions on the main drag. Playhouse Disney and animation academy.
Will we maybe see a complete removal of the animation building and then a complete change of the layout of that part of the park.

Ismael Flores

No, I said it was bad show that the signage was removed at all. I ADDED that it's really noticeable since the letters were so huge.

Coworker which is an AP went to the resort this past weekend. He doesn't follow any of these sites rode the tower came back with pictures because he heard it was being removed.

Yes he said removed or in his words being torn down for new ride. Showed us pictures of him and his friends near Hyperion with tower behind them. He said he was going to photoshop scaffolding out. So I asked him if he was going to photoshop sign in. Had no idea why I said that till I pointed it out to him.
Never noticed the sign missing And he is an AP that went with others that ride it for first time.

A large majority of people really have no clue or don't care as much as people that follow Disney info online

Ismael Flores

I shouldn't interject, but I'm going to.

I think something that could connect it to "bad show" is this... when you're given the backstory of the building in which you've just walked into via a television in the library, the video clearly shows the sign on the building. Now while no one is in doubt that they're in the same location, it just makes for some slight inconsistency.

So true but that just adds to all the other inconsistencies of the story and design of the building. The biggest one is the location of the broken elevator doors on the right side of the lobby but when viewing them from outside the shafts that disappeared should be straight ahead when you enter. And why is there elevator service shafts right up against the shafts for the guest elevators that disappeared on the facade. Makes it look like guests walked out of the elevators and straight I to the service elevators with no hallways in between. Lol

The missing sign is all part of the mystery of the twilight zone. Lol

Californian Elitist

Coworker which is an AP went to the resort this past weekend. He doesn't follow any of these sites rode the tower came back with pictures because he heard it was being removed.

Yes he said removed or in his words being torn down for new ride. Showed us pictures of him and his friends near Hyperion with tower behind them. He said he was going to photoshop scaffolding out. So I asked him if he was going to photoshop sign in. Had no idea why I said that till I pointed it out to him.
Never noticed the sign missing And he is an AP that went with others that ride it for first time.

A large majority of people really have no clue or don't care as much as people that follow Disney info online

Okay.

To be honest, I don't care about the subject of the signage anymore. I'm over it.

Ismael Flores

The letters are damaged, they are crooked and at night they do not light perfectley. But that is not even the point here. That does not excuse them taking the sign down before the ride is even closed. That is just bad show plain and simple. I don't give a damn of every letter on that building lit just right and every letter was straight. It is bad show and you can be new and never notice it and it is still bad. Disney used to be the standard for detail and now they ignore and people just excuse it
If the original design of the tower did not call for huge hotel sign in front of tower it's still bad show?

Of course not,

Bad show would be if the sign was removed and the area where it was located had an unthemed wall then maybe you can call that bad show. Going on an attraction that has visible broken effects is bad show. But if the broken is not visible then it wouldn't.

Indy used to have a major effect that never worked properly and only those that rode it when it first opened remember it. If they had left the effect plugged in and it malfunction than that is bad show.

A missing hotel sign in no way is bad show for a person that never knew it was missing. It might be irritating to you because you knew it was there but for a first time visitor it means nothing

Ismael Flores

Look at the elevator "hallways" on ToT and the exterior walls and windows adjacent and tell me if you can make any sense of how they might have functioned prior the imaginary lighting strike. Am I the only one who finds the arrangement of interior and exterior details, windows and doors completely illogical?
No you are not the only one, this tower design makes no sense from day one. The vanished towers are against the service shafts. They tried to simulate a hallway in front of the service shafts but added walls on each side. So if we go by the video guests used to get on elevators and walk straight into service elevators. Also I mentioned it before but if you stand in front of the building the original guests elevators shafts that dissapeared are in front of tower but in the lobby broken doors of elevators are on the right side facing west. I think this is one design element that is wrong in Florida too

britain

No you are not the only one, this tower design makes no sense from day one. The vanished towers are against the service shafts. They tried to simulate a hallway in front of the service shafts but added walls on each side. So if we go by the video guests used to get on elevators and walk straight into service elevators. Also I mentioned it before but if you stand in front of the building the original guests elevators shafts that dissapeared are in front of tower but in the lobby broken doors of elevators are on the right side facing west. I think this is one design element that is wrong in Florida too

I agree - Florida gets it wrong on this point, with the additional problems of there not being much to the lower portion of the vanished building, AND a neon sign that sits right in front of the broken area (rather than directly above it).

BUT, I prefer the 'sheer cliff face' feel of Florida's to the 'stair step' look of DCA's. Feels taller that way.

Jones14

I agree - Florida gets it wrong on this point, with the additional problems of there not being much to the lower portion of the vanished building, AND a neon sign that sits right in front of the broken area (rather than directly above it).

BUT, I prefer the 'sheer cliff face' feel of Florida's to the 'stair step' look of DCA's. Feels taller that way.
Florida actually gets the shaft direction right; the lobby entrance is to the right of the "front" face, so when you turn right to face the broken elevators after entering the lobby, they line up with the missing towers.

Florida's Tower is also about 15 feet taller than Cali's, but I agree with you that it feels a lot taller because of the design.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Just thought I would chime in to say I just watched a YouTube video of Floridas tower and surrounding area and WOW! it is much more beautiful than DCA's! It really does look/ feel Hollywood. The other 2 videos I had seen in the past only focused on the ride /queue and not the exterior and surrounding area. For some reason I always pictured DHS looking really stale from all of the negative things I read but that area is really well done.

With that said, still sad DCAs is going away.

Ismael Flores

The more I look at this thing the uglier it gets. Why am I just now realizing this?

Lol, Did you ever notice that most of the detail on the facade is also just painted on and not actually real ornamental pieces.
stare at the top of the building for a while and you start noticing that the edging of the hotels upper floor is just painted on. A lot of the detailed ornaments the the Orlando version has outside and inside the lobby are just painted on this California version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom