Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

NobodyElse

GOTGModelClose1280Marked.jpg

This really...just looks like some Moroccan market/temple that fell from the sky.

What I'm noticing is that part of the queue that's now made up of boring switch-backs will likely soon be relatively unchanged.

britain

And what's with this black area here? Complete with Hollywood Tower Hotel catwalk still in place?!

I mean, maybe that particular catwalk serves an actual functional purpose so they can't get rid of it. But just painting it black?

Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 10.02.17 AM.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Geez, that whole yarn about the "perky" DCA VP sure was tedious to read. The SW Land stuff was interesting though.

Phroobar

And what's with this black area here? Complete with Hollywood Tower Hotel catwalk still in place?!

I mean, maybe that particular catwalk serves an actual functional purpose so they can't get ride of it. But just painting it black?

View attachment 166669
It's like they dug out the old tower model and covered it up with this stuff. That is part the model maker forgot to paint.

JediMasterMatt

Using my spy network (only some Bothans were killed, the rest were just horrifically wounded), I was able to uncover the super secret "uncut" footage of yesterday's Guardian's unveiling that shows the design process that WDI went through to come up with the bad Tower's new look.

"Well basically I just copied the Tower we have now. Then I added some fins to lower wind resistance and this racing stripe here I feel is pretty sharp." - random Imagineer

"Agreed. First Prize!" - Joe Rohde

mickEblu

More like fugly.

I'm having a hard time understanding why they would make the tallest structure in the park look like an oil refinery / power plant. How visually unappealing. Why not some cool, regal, attractive alien structure? Oh ya, they wouldn't be able to do that by June 2017. :facepalm:

If they re going to half a$$ this, I wish they would of created some back story for why the Guardians crash landed at the Hollywood Tower. The main dude (Starlord?) was from Earth anyway right? I don't think this would of made any GOTG fans any less excited. It's not like the oil refinery is some iconic structure from the movie anyway. In addition, they could have saved money. I think it would of blended in nicely in this future Marvel Land / Hollywood land fusion I assume is going on. I don't think they re going to get rid of Hollywoodland completely. I think Hollywood Blvd, the animation building, the Red Car and the Hyperion are safe.

With that said, I obviously prefer no overlay at all.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

I'm having a hard time understanding why they would make the tallest structure in the park look like an oil refinery / power plant. How visually unappealing. Why not some cool, regal, attractive alien structure? Oh ya, they wouldn't be able to do that by June 2017. :facepalm:

If they re going to half a$$ this, I wish they would of created some back story for why the Guardians crash landed at the Hollywood Tower. The main dude (Starlord?) was from Earth anyway right? I don't think this would of made any GOTG fans any less excited. It's not like the oil refinery is some iconic structure from the movie anyway. In addition, they could have saved money. I think it would of blended in nicely in this future Marvel Land / Hollywood land fusion I assume is going on. I don't think they re going to get rid of Hollywoodland completely. I think Hollywood Blvd, the animation building, the Red Car and the Hyperion are safe.

With that said, I obviously prefer no overlay at all.

Either way, the building was going to look and be out of place. Might as well take the fuglier design.

You just have to laugh at some of the decision-making at Disney sometimes because it's so ridiculous. Some of the excuses some of the fans make to justify Disney's poor decision-making makes it even funnier.

I don't believe all of Hollywood Land is going either.

mickEblu

Either way, the building was going to look and be out of place. Might as well take the fuglier design.

You just have to laugh at some of the decision-making at Disney sometimes because it's so ridiculous. Some of the excuses some of the fans make to justify Disney's poor decision-making makes it even funnier.

I don't believe all of Hollywood Land is going either.

If they keep the areas of Hollywoodland I think they re going to keep then I don't think it would have looked out of place. After all, the land Is going to have some unusual borders with the Hyperion right between GOTG and the backlot.

In the case Hollywood land goes away completely, I still think it would of got a pass because what is Marvel Land going to look like anyway? Probably some big city.

mickEblu

More unappealing than an old abandoned haunted hotel devastated by a freak thunderstorm? I think this is a bit of nitpicking here. The current TOT isn't exactly what I would call "pretty".

No, it wasn't some architectural marvel (no pun intended) but the look really worked for Hollywoodland. Also, an old Haunted Hotel is mysterious and intriguing. Unlike a power plant/ oil refinery. They re kind of like the ugliest, most unappealing things on earth.

They should have went more museum, less powerplant. But like I said said in another post, that would have taken a lot more work.

D

Deleted member 107043

I get what you're saying. I think the new look is jarring in the context of Hollywoodland, but it might be more than acceptable in a Marvel themed land, which I hope will happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom