Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

D

Deleted member 107043

Seriously though, why couldn't it have been " a sort of warehouse, museum, my ear..."

Or perhaps bring back a classic in a whole new way ...

Adventure Thru Joe's Inner Ear

14264896_10154636178802189_1818848925767644897_n.jpg

DDLand

That building is so interesting looking. I rather like it. It's very Joe to rethink some of our preconceived notions about aliens and futuristic architecture and add new character to them. He's certainly pushing the envelope on the design front, and it's cool. Things like pipes become decorative. Functional items become part of the art. This is a vast improvement on the original tower which was a disgrace compared to the Florida one.

Phroobar

I might like what they're going for, style-wise, but it just looks cheap. Especially at the top.

And they couldn't even get rid of the fake broken parts of the walls near the elevator doors? Was the rule that they must only do this whole transformation with paint and pipes purchased at Home Depot?

Yes. Yes it was. Think of it as a Imagineering Challenge.

sedati

I might like what they're going for, style-wise, but it just looks cheap. Especially at the top.

And they couldn't even get rid of the fake broken parts of the walls near the elevator doors? Was the rule that they must only do this whole transformation with paint and pipes purchased at Home Depot?
Hard to say from a model, but I'm not seeing the broken parts. There is a design element around each door that seems pretty uniform, more intentionally sculpted than rubble.
GOTGModel1280Marked.jpg
tower_of_terror_dca.jpg

D

Deleted member 107043

Hard to say from a model, but I'm not seeing the broken parts. There is a design element around each door that seems pretty uniform, more intentionally sculpted than rubble.
View attachment 166626 View attachment 166627

Look at the elevator "hallways" on ToT and the exterior walls and windows adjacent and tell me if you can make any sense of how they might have functioned prior the imaginary lighting strike. Am I the only one who finds the arrangement of interior and exterior details, windows and doors completely illogical?

Phroobar

In the TZ episode the elevator shaft is the part missing from the tower. It would open inwards and the car fell when the shaft disappeared. However the ride has a magical extra elevator shaft that we ride in that is set behind the disappeared one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom