Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Earl Sweatpants

GOTGModelClose1280Marked.jpg

This really...just looks like some Moroccan market/temple that fell from the sky.

dweezil78

Looks like the rumors of them getting rid of the doors that open out to the park are untrue based on this? Otherwise, you'd think they would have covered them all up since they would have no use, eh?

Last edited:

dweezil78

If they have a good lighting package, I think this could actually look pretty cool at night. It still bothers me how much this looks like the current Tower building though, I wish they did just a little more to make it unrecognizable from its first incarnation.

mickEblu

Not sure why the power plant has to have any thing to do with the story? I only saw the movie once but I don't remember the Collectors mansion looking like a power plant. Why couldn't they just make it a museum? I'm guessing the "power plant" aspect is what allows the colors of the current facade to work as well as allows minimal retheming to the current boiler room. If the new tower was just a regal looking museum or building it would take a lot more work to fix the interior and facade. This is just another sign that shows me they re cutting corners on this.

Take another 6-12 months to make to make it something beautiful to look at or at least stay consistent with the movie. If they wanted to open the new ride with GOTG they should have planned ahead. Not insert this silly "power plant" idea to make it an easier/ cheaper but uglier retheme than it could have been.

Last edited:

Kiwiduck

I actually really like the bottom part of this building, but the top with all the pipes doesn't seem to match well. Hope they run into budget setbacks and cant afford to add all the pipes.

dweezil78

Not sure why the power plant has to have any thing to do with the story? I only saw the movie once but I don't remember the Collectors mansion looking like a power plant. Why couldn't they just make it a museum? I'm guessing the "power plant" aspect is what allows the colors of the current facade to work as well as allows minimal retheming to the current boiler room. If the new tower was just a regal looking museum or building it would take a lot more work to fix the interior and facade. This is just another sign that shows me they re cutting corners on this.

Take another 6-12 months to make to make it something beautiful to look at or at least stay consistent with the move. If they wanted to open the new ride with GOTG they should have planned ahead. Not insert this silly "power plant" idea to make it an easier/ cheaper but uglier retheme than it could have been.

But but... there is authentic looking piping that was inspired by oil rigs!

D

Deleted member 107043

If they have a good lighting package, I think this could actually look pretty cool at night. It still bothers me how much this looks like the current Tower building though, I wish they did just a little more to make it unrecognizable from its first incarnation.

I'm with you on this. The silhouette is exactly the same, and because of that I guarantee you that most people will still call the ride The Tower of Terror.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom