News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I’d pay once. I was able to ride as a pass holder-preview and they allowed my DD to accompany me (cause I don’t think they wanted to deal with me and my foot while riding in a cart). Now I doubt I’d pay to ride.

Side note. First time in a WDW Cart I always rent from an outside vendor. WDW carts are horrid. Stay out of their path, not maintained well.

disneygeek90

Thanks in advance for helping. My wife will be in a continuing education conference on the morning we plan to go to Epcot that evening. I understand that we need to tap into Epcot before 1pm to be able to try for 1pm drop. Am I able to go to Epcot that morning and tap both of us in without her or does she need to be present to be able to tap into the gate. I was hoping to go that morning and tap us in using our magic bands and head back to hotel to wait until she was out of class.
Just try to get a group at 7. They won’t mind if you’re super late.

Patcheslee

So based on the rules for 1pm VQ, would it be safe to assume limiting to those in the park is helping relieve demand? Is there much difference in BG call times prior to vs after 2pm? i.e. people with a low boarding group and no park reservation means delayed entry so slower pace after 2pm.

disneygeek90

774BAA86-9CEC-4046-88C4-CD0A36647669.jpeg

Den Carter

So based on the rules for 1pm VQ, would it be safe to assume limiting to those in the park is helping relieve demand? Is there much difference in BG call times prior to vs after 2pm? i.e. people with a low boarding group and no park reservation means delayed entry so slower pace after 2pm.
Merely my hypothesising rather than based on data, but I'd guess there's a handful of things at play affecting the higher chance of getting a group at 1pm Vs 7am:

There are more hours from 1pm to park closing than there are from park opening to 1pm, so it's likely there are more BGs available.

There's a smaller audience actively trying due to the requirement to actually be in Epcot rather than literally anywhere else within a few hours' journey time (I was using plane WiFi somewhere over North Carolina when I tried - unsuccessfully - at 7am yesterday!).

Vast numbers trying at 1pm will be using patchy park WiFi, which will be slowing them down.

TheMaxRebo

Boarding groups started getting called around 9:10am and cast are having us bypass both preshow rooms.

that stinks to miss the preshows ... bad enough if after having made the effort to secure a VQ spot, but I know if I paid $85 for ILLs for my family of 5 and didn't get the full experience I would be a rather annoyed

I know that is part of the deal and can happen but when you start explicitly charging for an experience the expectations get raised

TheMaxRebo

Merely my hypothesising rather than based on data, but I'd guess there's a handful of things at play affecting the higher chance of getting a group at 1pm Vs 7am:

There are more hours from 1pm to park closing than there are from park opening to 1pm, so it's likely there are more BGs available.

There's a smaller audience actively trying due to the requirement to actually be in Epcot rather than literally anywhere else within a few hours' journey time (I was using plane WiFi somewhere over North Carolina when I tried - unsuccessfully - at 7am yesterday!).

Vast numbers trying at 1pm will be using patchy park WiFi, which will be slowing them down.

I think it is largely the smaller audience as you are also removing all the people that did get one at 7am as you can only get one

So take out all those people and probably some people who paid for the ILL and figure once is enough, not going to go nuts at 1pm and you are left with just the people that haven't gotten a VQ spot left and still are wanting to go bad enough to try exactly at 1pm, etc.

Den Carter

that stinks to miss the preshows ... bad enough if after having made the effort to secure a VQ spot, but I know if I paid $85 for ILLs for my family of 5 and didn't get the full experience I would be a rather annoyed

I know that is part of the deal and can happen but when you start explicitly charging for an experience the expectations get raised
Just rode it without the preshow. Still a great coaster but first timers will completely miss the context, plus the bypass took us backstage. Not ideal, but I guess if they don't expect to have the preshow running soon it's better than not running at all. Although I hope the folks who purchased ILL are offered some kind of payback. Doubt they will, but they should.

TheMaxRebo

Just rode it without the preshow. Still a great coaster but first timers will completely miss the context, plus the bypass took us backstage. Not ideal, but I guess if they don't expect to have the preshow running soon it's better than not running at all. Although I hope the folks who purchased ILL are offered some kind of payback. Doubt they will, but they should.

for sure - it is like if something isn't working on Rise - is it better to provide 70% of the experience or not at all? (also depending on how long they think it would take to fix)

I don't think they do anything for Rise is you get things in "B-Mode" (maybe if you complain) so this is going to be the same. Just another example of how when FP+ was "free" it would have been "oh well" but now with an explicit charge for something if it doesn't fully deliver I am more disappointed

Den Carter

for sure - it is like if something isn't working on Rise - is it better to provide 70% of the experience or not at all? (also depending on how long they think it would take to fix)

I don't think they do anything for Rise is you get things in "B-Mode" (maybe if you complain) so this is going to be the same. Just another example of how when FP+ was "free" it would have been "oh well" but now with an explicit charge for something if it doesn't fully deliver I am more disappointed
Agree folks who complain (politely) will probably get something, but I guess most first time riders don't know what they've missed so won't complain. The cast members diverting us this morning had clearly been briefed to do so discreetly, without drawing attention to the fact something important was being skipped. I asked one of them if the preshow was down and she basically leaned in to whisper that it was.

Patcheslee

Xandar TV repairmen take longer due to travel time lol

celluloid

Judging by how long it takes to get Tower of Terror and other attractions back up to par, the preshow and other elements are goin to decline by degrees without repair for awhile.

lewisc

Posters tell us the highest BP called. I'd like to know how many BPs were issued. In other words how many guests who were issued BPs weren't given a chance to ride.

rreading

So given that there are posters who say it’s full at t=0 and it should be 4s, I would expect they’re clicking in late (or have internet lag). Is there a benefit to start clicking refresh a few seconds before go or would you think we would end up in internet limbo doing so?

Or test ahead of time to be sure your clock is synced?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom