News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

Den Carter

Reassuring. About 4 seconds to 40 is a massive jump. Feeling way more optimistic about chances of riding this on Friday, Saturday or Sunday now.

tommyhawkins

because it an indicator of client demand. If it remains basically 'immediately' aka under a minute it means there is massive amounts of people queued up to want to ride the attraction. If it last minutes, it's an indicator of how much energy people are having to put into getting a pass. If it stretches out further, you know the demand backlog is less and people are able to take a more relaxed approach to it.
I have explained why this is a misonomer. Its a bank holiday weekend, its a brand new ride and its awesome, demand is going to be fixed for a while yet, despite extensive AP previews. how they manipulate Virtual Queue and LL is not. the relaxed approach would be to not try get on it opening weekend.

vikescaper

Sorry, another question, and I can't quite believe I'm asking this, but is anyone noticing whether the 'refresh' button or the swipe down to refresh approach is quicker? Moronic that the odd millisecond should make a difference, but here we are in Chapek World
I used the refresh button for both of my attempts on Monday. I fumbled around at the 7 am drop and missed out. I was more prepared at 1 pm (the beer that I was sipping on probably helped!) and got in the queue.

gerarar

Premium Member
My previous method in the RotR days was to use pull down to refresh. I'd pull down but not let go. I'd be watching my Apple Watch for the time and I'd let go of the pull down so that it would hit exactly at 7. Then just keep clicking at the bottom of the screen, don't read anything, just go. Had lots of success.

So you're saying the pull down part isn't needed?
Correct, they've added a refresh button since the ROTR days. Do the last part of what you said. Just keep clicking the bottom part of the screen right at go time.

Pull down to refresh is riskier and if you accidentally let go early, might be out of luck.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I have explained why this is a misonomer. Its a bank holiday weekend, its a brand new ride and its awesome, demand is going to be fixed for a while yet, despite extensive AP previews. how they manipulate Virtual Queue and LL is not. the relaxed approach would be to not try get on it opening weekend.
No - it is not fixed. It is demand far exceeding supply and concentrated effort. So there is basically a floor where there is a minimum amount of time needed to satisfy that quantity of requests.

Your tangent about ratio’s doesn’t change the simple fact about the time used to satisfy whatever the amount of capacity there is and the value to know that exhaustion time and it’s trend.

By your own math you are only changing a relatively same percentage of the capacity anyway. And its not the capacity guests are interested in… it’s the window of availability that they care about

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 5 Stats (5/31):
7am: 4.17 secs
1pm: 40.47 secs

BG 168 is the last BG called for the day at 8:29pm. This is 13 more than yesterday. However, this is 16 less than yesterday's EEH.

The average pace was 4-5mins/BG until the third long stoppage at 5:08pm. After resuming at 6:14pm, the pace increased to 2mins/BG.

There were three notable 15+ min stoppages today:
10:57 - 11:19 am
2:45 - 4:11 pm
5:08 - 6:14 pm

Despite the extremely long delays today, park ops and CMs alike made sure to get a few more BGs in after the usual hard stop at 8pm (one hour before park close)!
And, that does it for Day 5 of GotG: CR!

Last edited:

rreading

Any clues how quickly ILL goes? If we’re *really* wanting to ride and staying at the resort, should one of us try for VQ while another works through purchasing ILL?

Or is ILL a matter of many minutes rather than a few seconds?

TheMaxRebo

Any clues how quickly ILL goes? If we’re *really* wanting to ride and staying at the resort, should one of us try for VQ while another works through purchasing ILL?

Or is ILL a matter of many minutes rather than a few seconds?
Today the ILLs lasted over and hour so you definitely get more time for those.

I would have everyone first try for the VQ and then try for the ILL

MrConbon210

the ride went
Final Day 5 Stats (5/31):
7am: 4.17 secs
1pm: 40.47 secs

BG 168 is the last BG called for the day at 8:29pm. This is 13 more than yesterday. However, this is 16 less than yesterday's EEH.

The average pace was 4-5mins/BG until the third long stoppage at 5:08pm. After resuming at 6:14pm, the pace increased to 2mins/BG.

There were three notable 15+ min stoppages today:
10:57 - 11:19 am
2:45 - 4:11 pm
5:08 - 6:14 pm

Despite the extremely long delays today, park ops and CMs alike made sure to get a few more BGs in after the usual hard stop at 8pm (one hour before park close)!
And, that does it for Day 5 of GotG: CR!
I was in line for the 2:45-4:11 downtime. It was not a fun time.

Rich Brownn

Well, I did make it. I was on my way out the door (due to downtime it estimated my return at 8:50 so figured it was a goner). But when I got to Spaceship Earth I looked again and it said 8:20. So I gathered it was back up and might as well stay. It jumped around a lot (!!!) but finally my BG was called at 7:15. (A long outside line formed, seemed like they called a bunch all at once). Wait inside was about 90 minutes.

tommyhawkins

No - it is not fixed. It is demand far exceeding supply and concentrated effort. So there is basically a floor where there is a minimum amount of time needed to satisfy that quantity of requests.

Your tangent about ratio’s doesn’t change the simple fact about the time used to satisfy whatever the amount of capacity there is and the value to know that exhaustion time and it’s trend.

By your own math you are only changing a relatively same percentage of the capacity anyway. And its not the capacity guests are interested in… it’s the window of availability that they care about
You're defensive take is a strange one, but if justifying it with a bunch of waffle and ignoring the "tangent" Disney use on literally every ride helps you get your boarding group then, you do you boo.

Patcheslee

Out of curiosity opened MDE at 6:45am. App advised me to update. Updated app. It now shows additional text for ILLs. Android phone.
Screenshot_20220601-065924_Disney World.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom