News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

Den Carter

Sorry, another question, and I can't quite believe I'm asking this, but is anyone noticing whether the 'refresh' button or the swipe down to refresh approach is quicker? Moronic that the odd millisecond should make a difference, but here we are in Chapek World

DCBaker

Premium Member
Sorry, another question, and I can't quite believe I'm asking this, but is anyone noticing whether the 'refresh' button or the swipe down to refresh approach is quicker? Moronic that the odd millisecond should make a difference, but here we are in Chapek World

Use the refresh button (which turns into the join group button) - this way you are just tapping at the same spot each time.

CampbellzSoup

Fast passes will never be free again, ever. During the pandemic without lightening lane everything moved pretty briskly so I’ll say for sure LL is clogging up traffic but nothing you can do about it.

I still have yet to purchase Genie + since it was rolled out and I’ve been. Although the HOUR and a half wait for haunted mansion I stood on might make me change my mind.

gerarar

Premium Member
Definitely use tap to refresh. As soon as it hits 7:00:00/1:00:00, just tap tap tap at the refresh button. Don't even hesitate because that same button turns into the join queue button.

doctornick

Fast passes will never be free again, ever. During the pandemic without lightening lane everything moved pretty briskly so I’ll say for sure LL is clogging up traffic but nothing you can do about it.

Park attendance was also more limited/smaller back when things were standby only during the pandemic, so it's hard to really correlate.

Anteater

Spot on. Couldn't agree more.

star-trek-hes-dead-jim.gif

mhochman

Twitter rumor the cycle times vs pre-show has empty trains cycling through. Anyone experience this today?
A little late in answering this and faik this has already been confirmed, but our BG on Friday was called and we were in the queue for close to an hour, with stretches of time with no line movement at all. When we got to the bridge overlooking the loading area we saw all empty trains that had been cycling through. So clearly there was some down time on Friday.

DisneyCane

Definitely use tap to refresh. As soon as it hits 7:00:00/1:00:00, just tap tap tap at the refresh button. Don't even hesitate because that same button turns into the join queue button.
IIRC from the later RotR and Remy VQ, once you hit join that's all there is to do and it's just luck if you hit it faster than the other 40,000 people. Is that correct?

gerarar

Premium Member
IIRC from the later RotR and Remy VQ, once you hit join that's all there is to do and it's just luck if you hit it faster than the other 40,000 people. Is that correct?
Correct. I just hover my thumb over refresh then when the time comes, I just tap tap tap repeatedly until I get the confirmation screen. No need to wait for the join button to appear or read anything.

Furiated

Correct. I just hover my thumb over refresh then when the time comes, I just tap tap tap repeatedly until I get the confirmation screen. No need to wait for the join button to appear or read anything.

My previous method in the RotR days was to use pull down to refresh. I'd pull down but not let go. I'd be watching my Apple Watch for the time and I'd let go of the pull down so that it would hit exactly at 7. Then just keep clicking at the bottom of the screen, don't read anything, just go. Had lots of success.

So you're saying the pull down part isn't needed?

celluloid

I am sorry if I am posting this again but I thought I posted this days ago but I can't find it.

How is anyone's experience with Child Swap or knowledge how it works for the Guardians situation? We are going with our baby who will not be tall enough for it so she will take turns with parts of our party. We have done Done a child swap at Disney in a long time.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm still not sure what can be learnt from timing how fast they go other than testing Disney's IT bandwidth capabilities as they could be meddling with their VQ/LL on a daily basis depending on revenue/targets.
because it an indicator of client demand. If it remains basically 'immediately' aka under a minute it means there is massive amounts of people queued up to want to ride the attraction. If it last minutes, it's an indicator of how much energy people are having to put into getting a pass. If it stretches out further, you know the demand backlog is less and people are able to take a more relaxed approach to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom