News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

rct247

I’m 0-3 and my sons are 3-3. Seriously get everyone in your party to try.

View attachment 642342
No, having multiple people try risks both people getting an error or kicking the others out. It confuses the system when it sees requests to pull the same party members from different points. The GET CMs said this all the time with Rise.

I hate the VQ and I feel for the Cast that have to deal with explaining it's a gamble or a lottery. Not having it works well at Rise now.

I also feel sorry for those trying to navigate the mess. Just wait it out, it's a great ride, but not worth all the stress and disappointment for VQ.

solidyne

2 hours of 100% VQ should be more people than the perhaps ~6 hours of 20% VQ (with 80% via LL) you get at the first 2 drops.

Call it 4000 vs only about 4800 through the VQ all day at 20% of 2000/hr, then divide that number in half for 2 drops.
Gotcha. Good point. Do we know it is running 80/20 ILL/VQ during the day? I missed that.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 4 Stats (5/30):
7am: 3.57 secs
1pm: 4.20 secs
6pm: 2.79 secs

BG 155 is the last BG called during regular park hours at 8pm. This is 9 less than yesterday.

For EEH, callings resumed at 8:38pm with BG's 158-162.
BG 184 is the last BG called for the day at 10pm (EEH goes until 11pm).

The average pace was 4-5mins/BG for pretty much the entire day, including EEH.

There were two notable 15+ min stoppages today:
10:00 - 10:20 am
6:58 - 7:28 pm

That does it for Day 4 of GotG: CR!

disneygeek90

Final Day 4 Stats (5/30):
7am: 3.57 secs
1pm: 4.20 secs
6pm: 2.79 secs

BG 155 is the last BG called during regular park hours at 8pm. This is 9 less than yesterday.

For EEH, callings resumed at 8:38pm with BG's 158-162.
BG 184 is the last BG called for the day at 10pm (EEH goes until 11pm).

The average pace was 4-5mins/BG for pretty much the entire day, including EEH.

There were two notable 15+ min stoppages today:
10:00 - 10:20 am
6:58 - 7:28 pm

That does it for Day 4 of GotG: CR!
Pretty good that average downtime is 20-30 minutes and only a couple each day. Hopefully this keeps up.

gerarar

Premium Member
Pretty good that average downtime is 20-30 minutes and only a couple each day. Hopefully this keeps up.
To be honest, I'm not completely sure if these are downtimes, unless someone is physically there at the exact time to confirm the situation. It could just be a pause to let the "standby" queue calm down a bit. There are times when nothing gets called for exactly 10 mins, so I think these longer pauses are on the same merit. The two pauses today are exactly 20 mins which leads me to that suspicion.

DCBaker

Premium Member
To be honest, I'm not completely sure if these are downtimes, unless someone is physically there at the exact time to confirm the situation. It could just be a pause to let the "standby" queue calm down a bit. There are times when nothing gets called for exactly 10 mins, so I think these longer pauses are on the same merit. The two pauses today are exactly 20 mins which leads me to that suspicion.

Was in the queue during the 10am one - lines stopped moving for ~25 minutes (there seemed to be no audio updates that the ride was temporarily delayed though).

tommyhawkins

Actually, since there are fewer BGs being assigned, it should be faster than the other drop times, right?

I think this is what @tommyhawkins was getting at. As long as there are more people attempting at the time of the drop than there are slots to give away, the system will run as fast as possible, which should be the same from day to day.

Unless, that is, the system somehow operates more or less efficiently when depending on how many people are trying to get in.

It seems this timing really is just a measure of how fast the system is, and nothing more, until we get to a point when demand slows down enough such that the number of people attempting at 7:00:00 is fewer than the number of slots.

And this is why I am interested in watching this number. When does it start to go up?
Essentially what I was saying is things like numbers of Boarding Groups or how fast they go is somewhat arbitrary if there are manipulating how many split each day. For example, They might find on Monday they sold too many LL per hour, and unexpected downtime meant they had too many people returning later in the day they had to honour, Tuesday instead of distributIng 60% LL 40% VQ, they elect to sell 50% LL and VQ 50%, you guys might see a 1 second increase cos they had 3000more VQ to give up and think "great they're getting more people on the ride Bgs are getting easier" when in fact the same number of people were trying to get and the same number ~26000 were able to ride. And the Wednesday Disney tweak again cos they had a better day for downtime. They decide they go 55% LL VQ 45% then you see it go down half a second cos 1100 less people can get on. It tells you little cos there's not fixed parameters. Just remember they will want point to get things to 400/hr for standby/VQ asap. Cos they're greedy.

As I said yesterday if people really want to assess their chances they need to know what ratio the VQ/LL split is.

Last edited:

MrConbon210

I got group 89 today. At least I didn’t miss the 7AM time opposed to opening day. I used to be so good at getting boarding groups when Rise opened, guess I’m a bit rusty lol.

Call me crazy but I kind of liked waking up at 4am to go stand outside the gates of Hollywood Studios back when you needed to be in the park for your first virtual queue drop.

TheMaxRebo

We have two groups of friends there today - I tried for one group and my wife tried for the other..

I got nothing, my wife got group 1 - so clearly whatever she did worked better this time

Really felt like it lasted less than a second this time

Witchy Chick

If I got this, would I have gotten a 7am boarding group if I was in Disney, linked tickets, and 7am drop?

AEE06DFC-F01B-4386-B5CB-2728AAA3C034.jpeg

Thanks for any info!! “Practicing” for Aug trip. 🤣🤣🤣

nyrebel3

My sons are 4-4 (or more specifically 3-4 and 1-4) and I am 0-4. Has to be the youthful reflexes!

Going back to the RotR days, the three of us have always tried simultaneously and never had an error that kicked all of us out. We have always scored a BG. I will continue to be blissfully ignorant / incredibly lucky and use the multiple party attempts. YMMV.

2E13ADF2-D525-4667-8917-1880C525974F.png

solidyne

If I got this, would I have gotten a 7am boarding group if I was in Disney, linked tickets, and 7am drop?

View attachment 642418

Thanks for any info!! “Practicing” for Aug trip. 🤣🤣🤣
Back in the RotR days, we would "practice" weeks before our trip, and, yes, that's how we'd know we would have made it in. We'd get the "none of your party..." error for one or two refreshes, then boom it was full and we'd get the "no more boarding groups" error.

I don't know if that is the same now, however.

Den Carter

I'm sure the answer is on this thread somewhere, but I can't find it. When your BG is called, how long do you have to present yourself at the attraction? Trying to plan some dining options for our trip this weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom