News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I’m sure I’m the last to learn this but I was disappointed to discover that ILL is pretty much only available to Resort Guests since it’s completely sold out well before a day guest or Passholder is even eligible to purchase. Here’s hoping 1PM VQ is an option since 7AM was a bust.
Feature, not a bug.

nyrebel3

Don't do any pre-drop time refreshes, wait until exactly 7am or 1pm as measured with an atomic clock (Apple Watch or something similar).
I agree with this but Sat and today my son beat me by constantly refreshing. I had time.gov on another device and pressed refresh exactly at 7:00 and the got the error message because my son already got us in. BG37 on Sat and BG32 today.

I feel like the cop watching Johnny Fever’s response time drop as he drinks shots! 😂😂😂 (a WKRP reference for you younger folks)

yensid1967

Is this an attempt to keep off site guests from riding until it slows down? And once a major attraction like this opens, there should be a way to limit the ride to one ride per guest somehow. I hear about guests going on it 3+ times after their first ride! That's selfish, allow other guest who are waiting and want to ride have a chance to do so! Fair is fair in the Land of Disney!? Or it shoud be

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is this an attempt to keep off site guests from riding until it slows down? And once a major attraction like this opens, there should be a way to limit the ride to one ride per guest somehow. I hear about guests going on it 3+ times after their first ride! That's selfish, allow other guest who are waiting and want to ride have a chance to do so! Fair is fair in the Land of Disney!? Or it shoud be
Max possible rides at the moment is 3. 1 in the Virtual Queue, 1 via Lightning Lane, and 1 during Extended Evening Hours VQ. Today will be the first time that can happen.

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

It's to provide reward/incentive to paying the high rates to stay on property

Same like the extra evening hours just for deluxe guests - have a chance at an extra ride on it if willing/ able to pay big bucks to stay in deluxe

donsullivan

Premium Member
It's to provide reward/incentive to paying the high rates to stay on property

Same like the extra evening hours just for deluxe guests - have a chance at an extra ride on it if willing/ able to pay big bucks to stay in deluxe
It does massively disenfranchise local Passholders making it nearly impossible. There are a growing number of thing a local can no longer experience and that list is getting longer.

Den Carter

It does massively disenfranchise local Passholders making it nearly impossible. There are a growing number of thing a local can no longer experience and that list is getting longer.
And non-local passholders! We're flying in from the UK this weekend with a sole aim of riding this. We'll have six opportunities to join the virtual queue. I'm not convinced it's enough, but fingers crossed!

TheMaxRebo

Nothing stopping local passholders from booking an onsite stay though - and maybe even at a discount vs non-passholders. So same/better opportunity

vikescaper

Phew!
E5846739-CDCF-490B-A461-C72101AA407F.png

SplashJacket

I have a local UCF Student friend who's ridden it 9 times (D23, pass holder previews, and now every day since it has opened at large)

donsullivan

Premium Member
Apologies for not understanding the current web of confusion but were you trying to book one of the paid reservations?

This is silly... let people wait in line.
I was trying to book a Virtual Queue. Since Individual Lightning Lane is only available to resort guests at 7AM and everyone else has to wait until park open, those are effectively ONLY available to resort guests since they are gone well before a non resort guest is eligible to purchase. As a local Passholder, the only option I have is Virtual Queue.

I’ll likely give up on it until after summer crowds due to the lottery nature of VQ.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom