News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

co10064

Premium Member
Now the how but the why? What are you gaining from knowing all boarding groups are gone in 3 point whatever seconds?
Because it shows how popular the attraction is versus the capacity available. It helps those of us planning future trips and is fun to watch anyway. It's a Disney forum... can't take it that seriously haha

tommyhawkins

To me, the single day's data is not as important as how it tracks from day to day. Seeing the trend will be very interesting (to me).

The number of people the ride can take per day is pretty much fixed. Eg 2000/HR for 13 hours on an 0800-2100 day = 26,000 for the day and 10,000 before 1pm drop. The 6pm drop gives them a buffer in case they need to honour anyone from downtime.

As I demonstrated the other day, how they split the standby (VQ) with the LL. If they're currently using Phase 1 it means only 400/hr from standby queue. I suspect that the ratio is more equal at the moment. Maybe 3:2

A much more useful metric would be counting how many people they take from LL versus how many they take from the standby at the merge room. As this will determine how many VQ can drop for the day and give an indication on sizes of boarding groups. Obviously observing downtime is also very useful.

I'm still not sure what can be learnt from timing how fast they go other than testing Disney's IT bandwidth capabilities as they could be meddling with their VQ/LL on a daily basis depending on revenue/targets.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's what the Virtual Queue screen looks like on an Extended Evening Hours day -

IMG_F6DE1F77657B-1.jpeg

donsullivan

Premium Member
I’m sure I’m the last to learn this but I was disappointed to discover that ILL is pretty much only available to Resort Guests since it’s completely sold out well before a day guest or Passholder is even eligible to purchase. Here’s hoping 1PM VQ is an option since 7AM was a bust.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I’m sure I’m the last to learn this but I was disappointed to discover that ILL is pretty much only available to Resort Guests since it’s completely sold out well before a day guest or Passholder is even eligible to purchase. Here’s hoping 1PM VQ is an option since 7PM was a bust.
Yep that’s been the pattern unfortunately. Good luck at 1

TheMaxRebo

There is a thread on DIS which says Disney is using a hidden cart system. You have 10 to complete the transaction. If your device crashes, reboots if you cant complete credit card, if applicable, the slot leaves your cart and goes back to inventory.

The data shown on thrill data does seem to back that up, that it takes 10-12 minutes for selected but not fully secured ILLs to be re-released back into the pool

I wonder if part of it is people/groups trying for both VQs and $ILLs at 7am and if they do get a VQ then they cancel out of the $ILL process but it takes those 10-12 minutes for those to become available again

Screenshot_20220530-092944.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom