News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

gerarar

Premium Member
If anyone's wondering how I track this; I have a bot that logs info from the official WDW getQueues API endpoint and create a bunch of data points as described. This is what the MDE app uses for the VQ stuff.

In regards to the hundredth/thousandth metric, of course it isn't totally accurate. There's multiple variables that determine it, such as network speeds, RAM usage and availability, console logging/printing, etc. in the server that my code/bot runs in. Another important variable is that I run my bots through some proxies since Disney does block static IPs if you spam their APIs constantly.

But the main seconds, like 3, 4 secs is pretty accurate. I just post the next three decimal places for fun and since...that's what my bot tells me lol

If people don't find how long the 7am/1pm drops go for interesting at all, I'll stop posting them. But as evident, people do find them somewhat useful and has been a metric long posted here since the ROTR days.

Edit: here's a look at what my bot output in discord:
Screenshot_20220529-132130_Discord.jpg

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If anyone's wondering how I track this; I have a bot that logs info from the official WDW getQueues API endpoint and create a bunch of data points as described. This is what the MDE app uses for the VQ stuff.

In regards to the hundredth/thousandth metric, of course it isn't totally accurate. There's multiple variables that determine it, such as network speeds, RAM usage and availability, console logging/printing, etc. in the server that my code/bot runs in. Another important variable is that I run my bots through some proxies since Disney does block static IPs if you spam their APIs constantly.

But the main seconds, like 3, 4 secs is pretty accurate. I just post the next three decimal places for fun and since...that's what my bot tells me lol

If people don't find how long the 7am/1pm drops go for interesting at all, I'll stop posting them. But as evident, people do find them somewhat useful and has been a metric long posted here since the ROTR days.
Thanks!

Can you also track the 7:12a drops?

gerarar

Premium Member
Thanks!

Can you also track the 7:12a drops?
That's for ILL no? And I personally don't currently track that stuff. I tried looking into how wait times and G+/LL stuff is done in MDE and it's far more complicated then I thought.

My current project was just focused on VQ stuff, something I created way back during the ROTR days (2019-20) and before Genie+ existed, since I needed some quick personal projects to put on my resume for job hunting. It just turns out that VQ hasn't changed much since then and I have an inkling for Disney!! ;)

gerarar

Premium Member
There is a thread on DIS which says Disney is using a hidden cart system. You have 10 to complete the transaction. If your device crashes, reboots if you cant complete credit card, if applicable, the slot leaves your cart and goes back to inventory.
I just got done reading that. It makes so much sense now. From an IT perspective, I kinda see how it makes sense to refill inventory "every" 10 mins instead of instantaneously when an LL/ILL fails to get assigned or bought.

However, one thing that boggles me is this "invisible" cart is still linked to your account after an app crash and you reopen it (until the every 10 mins refill). Why they don't let you "reaccess" that cart is just bleh.

DisneyCane

View attachment 642110
I find them very interesting. Please continue to post and thanks for writing the bot that can track it!

doctornick

View attachment 642110
Can’t speak anyone else but I love seeing the info. I think it’s actually quite useful for people planning. And for those of us like myself who are not going soon but just curious

lewisc

I just got done reading that. It makes so much sense now. From an IT perspective, I kinda see how it makes sense to refill inventory "every" 10 mins instead of instantaneously when an LL/ILL fails to get assigned or bought.

However, one thing that boggles me is this "invisible" cart is still linked to your account after an app crash and you reopen it (until the every 10 mins refill). Why they don't let you "reaccess" that cart is just bleh.

The way I read it you have 10 minutes to finish. Everyone who crashed out at 7 to 7:05 will be released 7:10 to 715.

I got vq 86. Disney gave me an offer to board around 846 for $17. That slot went back to inventory. I think the offer was good for 15 minutes

KevinPage

My Silver Pass is blocked until August 4 so no more BG for awhile. Then end of August I’ll have to upgrade to the more expensive Pirate Pass as my “grandfathered in” Silver breathes its last breath.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 3 Stats (5/29):
7am: 3.52 secs
1pm: 4.20 secs

BG 164 is the last BG called for the day. This is 25 more than yesterday.

The average pace was 4-5mins/BG majority of the day. Wasn't until around 5pm when it improved to 2-3mins/BG.

There were three notable 15+ min stoppages today:
2:11 - 2:30 pm
4:44 - 5:07 pm
7:10 - 7:27 pm

That does it for Day 3 of GotG: CR!

celluloid

This may seem like a dumb question but just to put it out there, how does Child Swap work with the reservation system?

I ask because we have a little one who is not tall enough to ride in my party.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom