News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

celluloid

So you have the entire attraction without Groot and storyline! It is wild that a B mode was not designed for the relatively simple effect of a drop panel. (also wild that it cannot take the abuse or be maintained since it is a key of the story of the attraction)

MagicHappens1971

So you have the entire attraction without Groot and storyline! It is wild that a B mode was not designed for the relatively simple effect of a drop panel. (also wild that it cannot take the abuse or be maintained since it is a key of the story of the attraction)
I think this statement is slightly dramatic, by saying it can’t be maintained, things happen. Im sure that it will be up and running in a short period of time. I hate to say it but the majority of guests don’t care about the preshow/story and just want to ride.

celluloid

I think this statement is slightly dramatic, by saying it can’t be maintained, things happen. Im sure that it will be up and running in a short period of time. I hate to say it but the majority of guests don’t care about the preshow/story and just want to ride.

The part of things happen is true, also true is a B show could have and should have been thought of if the plot of the ride and major interactions with the characters you expect to meet. There could have been a B mode without the drop panel to still show the videos. The most expensive theme park attraction the resort has ever built should have had that thought through. That preshow and story set up cost them millions of dollars, they intended for everyone to see it.

You can hate to say it all you want, but that preshow is the only part of the attraction you get a proper bit of Groot and if that many do not care about the story? Why have it be The Guardians? Malarkey. The majority of people like emotional pulls whether they admit it or not. You can say many would rather their chance at the ride than non at all, but the guest always deserves the attraction was it was intended.

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

The part of things happen is true, also true is a B show could have and should have been thought of if the plot of the ride and major interactions with the characters you expect to meet. There could have been a B mode without the drop panel to still show the videos. The most expensive theme park attraction the resort has ever built should have had that thought through. That preshow and story set up cost them millions of dollars, they intended for everyone to see it.

You can hate to say it all you want, but that preshow is the only part of the attraction you get a proper bit of Groot and if that many do not care about the story? Why have it be The Guardians? Malarky. The majority of people like emotional pulls whether they admit it or not.

It not having a B mode is odd especially since the launch has a B mode if it’s delayed and continues to play additional audio. However we also don’t know if maybe the screens are down? Is it just the drop panel? If the rest of the preshow is working it’s odd that they aren’t just playing it without the drop panel. There’s a lot of factors that could go into it. Finally my point was that yes of course this is still a guardians attraction and that indeed draws people in, but the majority of people still would just want to ride.

celluloid

It not having a B mode is odd especially since the launch has a B mode if it’s delayed and continues to play additional audio. However we also don’t know if maybe the screens are down? Is it just the drop panel? If the rest of the preshow is working it’s odd that they aren’t just playing it without the drop panel. There’s a lot of factors that could go into it. Finally my point was that yes of course this is still a guardians attraction and that indeed draws people in, but the majority of people still would just want to ride.

If people still want what is there, it is beside the fact that it was designed to operate with. It is poor management and a sign of continual decline of maintenance that matches pattern. This is not the first time that preshow has been down since the attraction has opened.

If it is the screens that are down, then that is even worse. Your statement is that guests want what is there even though a part of it is broken. That makes sense and is unrelated to the lack of care by the company; I don't blame the guests for wanting to get the attraction they got a virtual time/paid for lightning lane/flew out of state or country and or paid lots of money to see.

But not being prepared for it is not good sign for this to have happened multiple times to a preshow that is meant to operate every eight minutes since opening.

MagicHappens1971

If people still want what is there, it is beside the fact that it was designed to operate with. It is poor management and a sign of continual decline of maintenance that matches pattern. This is not the first time that preshow has been down since the attraction has opened.

If it is the screens that are down, then that is even worse. Your statement is that guests want what is there even though a part of it is broken. That makes sense and is unrelated to the lack of care by the company; I don't blame the guests for wanting to get the attraction they got a virtual time/paid for lightning lane/flew out of state or country and or paid lots of money to see.

But not being prepared for it is not good sign for this to have happened multiple times to a preshow that is meant to operate every eight minutes since opening.

All I was saying is sometimes Ops has to make decisions to minimize guest frustration. I think Rise bypassing the preshows is a bigger problem and does happen from time to time

celluloid

All I was saying is sometimes Ops has to make decisions to minimize guest frustration. I think Rise bypassing the preshows is a bigger problem and does happen from time to time

Yes, but you did not just say that. You said being badly maintained was being a bit dramatic. It is not. It is objectively around the resort. That is not operations. That is bad design/budget for upkeep.

Rise is another great example of the current pattern of a great design and effects from Scott Trowbridge and the Imagineering team on it but the a quarter of the attraction does not work as it should. Luckily it is still a sensory overload attraction, but not operating how it should be.

Dinosaur's main animatronics not functioning/missing among many other limited movements
Thunder Mountain's broken boulder quakes, bats as well as rippling lighting for the caverns pretty bad.
The Yeti Situation, on top of all the minor effects being out of their proper timing
Muppet Vision Curtains
broken rollers in entire rows of Its Tough to Be a Bug.
Test Track's sequences of showin your designed vehicles rarely working and its sound glitches
Splash Mountain's shattered glass lanterns and broken lighting

Take your pick. The hours of operation on the parks and lack of attention have been a pattern for awhile. Now it is already hidding what should be commonly working in their newest advertised attraction.

The park should not be often putting operations in that situation.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 72 Stats (8/6):
7am: 5.5 secs
1pm: 11.8 secs

BG 141 (-49) is the last BG called for the day at 8:30pm

Average pace: 3-4mins/BG

Notable 15+ min stoppages today:
9:42 - 10:54am
11:37 - 12:26pm
12:42 - 1:23pm
2:01 - 2:28pm
7:00 - 8:13pm

Note: Today is now officially the worst performing day for the ride since it opened.
~262 mins of downtime ≈ offline 36% of the day.
The record was previously held on July 26th when it was down for ~246 mins, or ≈35% of day.

That does it for Day 72 of GotG: CR!
scatter_plot-56.png

Br0ckford

Final Day 72 Stats (8/6):
7am: 5.5 secs
1pm: 11.8 secs

BG 141 (-49) is the last BG called for the day at 8:30pm

9:42 - 10:54am
11:37 - 12:26pm
12:42 - 1:23pm
2:01 - 2:28pm
7:00 - 8:13pm

Note: Today is now officially the worst performing day for the ride since it opened.
~262 mins of downtime ≈ offline 36% of the day.
The record was previously held on July 26th when it was down for ~246 mins, or ≈35% of day.

That does it for Day 72 of GotG: CR!
View attachment 658608
The information you provide on these posts is amazing. Great job tracking all this. Very informative. Thanks.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 73 Stats (8/7):
7am: 6.3 secs
1pm: 921.3 secs, or ~15 mins

BG 140 (-1) is the last BG called for the day at 6:23pm.

10:16 - 10:51am
2:07 - 2:24pm
3:37 - 4:40pm
6:23 - 9:00pm (ride never reopened thru park close)

Note: After yesterday's abysmal performance, for the 2nd consecutive day, today is now officially (again) the worst performing day since the ride opened.
~272 mins of downtime ≈ offline 37% of the day, versus yesterday's 262 mins ≈ 36% of day.

That does it for Day 73 of GotG: CR!
scatter_plot-66.png

Hellingerian

Does anyone know if the pre-show room was working today in the time the ride was up? We’re at EPCOT next weekend and I’m hopeful things get back to normal. This must be a disappointment for a lot of visitors these last two days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom