News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

TheMaxRebo

1pm drop lasted for 6764.344 secs, or ~1 hour 53 mins.

Up to BG 85 called at 1pm, same as yesterday.

I saw someone post on Facebook that they started the day at Animal Kingdom and then hopped to Epcot at 2pm and was able to get a VQ spot - wasn't sure if that was allowed but guess just in the past never really able to test, but seems like as long as you have scanned into Epcot you can get that later drop

gerarar

Premium Member
I saw someone post on Facebook that they started the day at Animal Kingdom and then hopped to Epcot at 2pm and was able to get a VQ spot - wasn't sure if that was allowed but guess just in the past never really able to test, but seems like as long as you have scanned into Epcot you can get that later drop
It worked for ROTR and Rat for park hoppers, so seeing it work past 2pm is no surprise here. Everyone currently in Epcot at 1pm definitely has the opportunity to ride it, given they want to.

TheMaxRebo

It worked for ROTR and Rat for park hoppers, so seeing it work past 2pm is no surprise here. Everyone currently in Epcot at 1pm definitely has the opportunity to ride it, given they want to.

Honestly I like this vs a multihour standby line - as long as I am basically guaranteed a VQ then let me go do other stuff while waiting for my VQ

When like everything runs out in 2 secs and feels like a crapshoot then I am not a fan

gerarar

Premium Member
Honestly I like this vs a multihour standby line - as long as I am basically guaranteed a VQ then let me go do other stuff while waiting for my VQ
Absolutely agree. I missed not waiting 2-3 hours in line for ROTR. Do other stuff, then when your BG called...help out the Resistance defeat the FO!!

That was my experience during this past Christmas 2021 and standbys. Compared to how I (virtually) waited for ROTR in 2019, much prefer that.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 16 Stats (6/11):
7am: 5.39 secs
1pm: 6764.34 secs, or ~1 hour 53 mins

BG 199 is the last BG called for the day. This is 8 more than yesterday.

The average pace was 3-4mins/BG for entire day.

There was one notable 15+ min stoppage today:
4:48 - 5:14 pm

That does it for Day 16 of GotG: CR!
scatter_plot-8.png

Last edited:

celluloid

Really sounds like they should just do morning BGs and then open the ride to standby after.

Also still think this shows it's not driving traffic to EPCOT the way they would have hoped.
Possibly, but then again EPCOT has recently been hitting park res max for Passholders. I know that is not a lot a lot, but I feel that was not happening before(?)

SplashJacket

Possibly, but then again EPCOT has recently been hitting park res max for Passholders. I know that is not a lot a lot, but I feel that was not happening before(?)
Oh yeah!!!! That’s a huge one! Forgot about that when I wrote my manifesto for reasons Guardians isn’t generating the same situation as Rise.

The total number of passholders currently is way way way down.

My friend has ridden the ride around 20 times now, but since there are less passholders, there’s less people doing this. Couple this with Epcot being a passholder favorite, definitely does some damage.

But higher accessibility is better. Disney probably wasn’t hugely fond of passholders going dozens if times on Rise. If the GP can’t experience the shiny new ride, they’d be less likely to visit the next shiny new ride when it opens

UNCgolf

It's possible they lowered the max because they were concerned about a rush for Guardians?

The fact the afternoon BGs are lasting so long has to mean the park isn't slammed with guests trying to ride Guardians; everyone who really wants one is able to get one. Unless I'm misremembering, that was not the case for Rise for months.

Don't get me wrong -- that's not a suggestion Guardians is a failure. If anything, I think it just further supports the argument that more intense coasters should remain a minor part of WDW's attraction portfolio for a number of reasons.

doctornick

It's possible they lowered the max because they were concerned about a rush for Guardians?

The fact the afternoon BGs are lasting so long has to mean the park isn't slammed with guests trying to ride Guardians; everyone who really wants one is able to get one. Unless I'm misremembering, that was not the case for Rise for months.

Don't get me wrong -- that's not a suggestion Guardians is a failure. If anything, I think it just further supports the argument that more intense coasters should remain a minor part of WDW's attraction portfolio for a number of reasons.
CR has higher capacity and better reliability though so it can also be indicative of just more supply even If there were similar demand. It’s not like they aren’t using up all of the boarding pass slots.

I mean I agree that demand for RotR seems clearly greater but passes for CR are still going quickly in the AM. So people are eager and willing to do the rapid app lottery. Perhaps maybe people might not go to Epcot if they miss out In the morning. I doubt most park goers even are aware that the afternoon drop is available for so long - they probably just assume it is as rapid as the morning.

UNCgolf

CR has higher capacity and better reliability though so it can also be indicative of just more supply even If there were similar demand. It’s not like they aren’t using up all of the boarding pass slots.

I mean I agree that demand for RotR seems clearly greater but passes for CR are still going quickly in the AM. So people are eager and willing to do the rapid app lottery. Perhaps maybe people might not go to Epcot if they miss out In the morning. I doubt most park goers even are aware that the afternoon drop is available for so long - they probably just assume it is as rapid as the morning.

It's how long they are available, though. The fact that individual lightning lane purchases were available until after noon is even more indicative of what I'm saying -- anybody who really wanted to ride this today could with absolutely no difficulty. Rise is still selling out before the park even opens.

And that shouldn't be surprising to anyone because it's a relatively intense coaster. A significant portion of WDW visitors either can't ride it or don't want to, and that's exactly why Disney shouldn't (and hasn't) build a ton of coasters. It's a different clientele than other parks. That's not to suggest they shouldn't have built Guardians -- just that these kinds of coasters should be built sparingly because they can get more mileage out of other attractions.

Last edited:

DonaldDoleWhip

It's how long they are available, though. The fact that individual lightning lane purchases were available until after noon is even more indicative of what I'm saying -- anybody who really wanted to ride this today could with absolutely no difficulty.

And that shouldn't be surprising to anyone because it's a relatively intense coaster. A significant portion of WDW visitors either can't ride it or don't want to, and that's exactly why Disney shouldn't (and hasn't) build a ton of coasters. It's a different clientele than other parks. That's not to suggest they shouldn't have built Guardians -- just that these kinds of coasters should be built sparingly because they can get more mileage out of other attractions.
That’s totally fair. Epcot and WDW are all the better for having one ride like this (it’ll easily be the top among many who enjoy coasters), but one of the cool things separating Disney from Universal and Six Flags is having a plethora of quality options for everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom