Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

Casper Gutman

Man, imagine if this was a roller coaster through the Collector's archive, a fully realized 3-D environment with all sorts of cool AAs in cases and lots of gags featuring the GotG in the SAME ROOM as you, heaps of Marvel in-jokes and easter eggs, and hey, maybe even some unique projection effects. That sounds like an attraction that would feel like a Guardians ride. AND it feels like a ride that might reasonably cost close to $450 million.

Last edited:

Disney Maddux

Looking at the comments, I'm getting the idea that not many of you enjoy the ride.

...but I really don't care. Holy crap that was awesome! Really good thrill level, feels like a logical evolution of Space Mountain, and just an all-around super fun ride!

Only criticism I have is probably the one I've seen the most, that being it is pretty hard to tell what's going on in the battle, as the music and overwhelming sense of the experience makes it almost impossible to hear what's being said or tell what the Guardians are doing to stop the Celestial.

Besides that though, amazing experience and immediately one of my new favorite rides at WDW.

(Looking back at the first couple of pages... Geez there really are some people you can never please that'll just ignore all the goods and act like its the worst thing ever made.)

Last edited:

mergatroid

Looking at the comments, I'm getting the idea that not many of you enjoy the ride.

...but I really don't care. Holy crap that was awesome! Really good thrill level, feels like a logical evolution of Space Mountain, and just an all-around super fun ride!

Only criticism I have is probably the one I've seen the most, that being it is pretty hard to tell what's going on in the battle, as the music and overwhelming sense of the experience makes it almost impossible to hear what's being said or tell what the Guardians are doing to stop the Celestial.

Besides that though, amazing experience and immediately one of my new favorite rides at WDW.

(Looking back at the first couple of pages... Geez there really are some people you can never please that'll just ignore all the goods and act like its the worst thing ever made.)
Interestingly it's mainly those who haven't experienced it. Unfortunately I get accused of 'shutting down the conversation' when my opinion differs to some of theirs.

But hey, some of us like the way it looks and some of us don't. Some think for the money it should have been different/longer/better/more unique/have more education/they had a better way of doing it and that's subjective. When the paying guests ride it and enjoy it or not that's the real test as that's who it's been built for, but some still won't like it whatever reviews it gets which is fine.

Incomudro

It's mostly roughly only about four people over and over.
Once the arms are crossed, line drawn, and heels dug in there's no turning back.
I can imagine some of them sitting on the ride, going through the whole thing, and refusing to let their guard down.
"I said I wasn't going to like it, and I still don't like it!"

TrainsOfDisney

Once the arms are crossed, line drawn, and heels dug in there's no turning back.
Not really. I wanted to dislike slinky dog on principal (exposed track coaster with less theming than originally presented in concept art etc.) but I can’t help it. I smile every time I see that dog go by on the track and I thought it was a really fun and enjoyable ride.

I’ll give it a fair chance when the opportunity comes. If anything, I’ll think that the screens will give me hope that guardians can easily be changed to a universe of energy attraction for Epcot’s 50th ;)

yensidtlaw1969

It's mostly roughly only about four people over and over.
I can imagine some of them sitting on the ride, going through the whole thing, and refusing to let their guard down.
"I said I wasn't going to like it, and I still don't like it!"
As I just said in another thread, most adults are able to let themselves enjoy something while also recognizing its shortcomings.

Knowing two things can be true at the same time is a pretty base level of critical thought.

Giss Neric

As I just said in another thread, most adults are able to let themselves enjoy something while also recognizing its shortcomings.

Knowing two things can be true at the same time is a pretty base level of critical thought.
I'm pretty sure we are all adults here but those same four to five people are only focusing on the "shortcomings" on a repetitive basis. I don't even think it's constructive criticisms anymore. Also these same people are mostly just swapping likes with each other while others are just tired of it.

yensidtlaw1969

I'm pretty sure we are all adults here but those same four to five people are only focusing on the "shortcomings" on a repetitive basis. I don't even think it's constructive criticisms anymore. Also these same people are mostly just swapping likes with each other while others are just tired of it.
If it's really only a couple people you have issue with, the Ignore Button seems like a quick way to tidy up the conversation.

Giss Neric

If it's really only a couple people you have issue with, the Ignore Button seems like a quick way to tidy up the conversation.
Putting people on ignore who doesn't agree with you is weak. If I don't agree with it I just roll my eyes and move on to something else. I'm just expressing what I have observed. When Tron opens, all the Debbie Downers here will just transfer to Tron's thread and the cycle continues...

yensidtlaw1969

Putting people on ignore who doesn't agree with you is weak. If I don't agree with it I just roll my eyes and move on to something else. I'm just expressing what I have observed. When Tron opens, all the Debbie Downers here will just transfer to Tron's thread and the cycle continues...
I'm not saying Ignore people just because you disagree with them. I went years and years without ever using it, and it takes a lot for someone to earn a spot on my Ignore list - far more than just disagreeing. Some people are just downright confrontational, or worse.

Even then, I somewhat regularly enagage with people I have on ignore - sometimes the direction of a thread doesn't make sense until you click that "Show Ignored Content" button to see what you missed, and suddenly you find a point that's worth making in response. In doing that I do find that generally people who have made it to my Ignore confirm that they deserved their place on it, but if I have the energy for the conversation I'll go for it.

My point was just that if it really is only "four or five people" who keep clogging up threads with the same non-constructive shtick and you're tired of it, enough to say something about it, the Ignore button is there for the very purpose of screening them out and sparing your eye muscles that extra rolling.

Casper Gutman

If you want boundless positivity regardless of what Disney does, there are a LOT of WDW fan sites and message boards that offer that in big syrupy doses. I find these boards exceptional because of the insight a lot of posters are able to offer on a wide variety of topics, including the inner workings of Disney, the history of the amusement industry, design and architectural theories, legal and administrative issues, and on and on. Its a bunch of knowledgeable folks bringing different fields of experience and education together in the discussion of WDW. Quite frankly, the folks who tend to offer those sorts of insightful posts (certainly not always, but seemingly more often) are the ones willing to engage critically with the media they consume. That's much more interesting to me then a constant refrain of, "Disney put pop songs on a Vekoma coaster, no criticism allowed!"

And yes, the critically inclined do tend to like each others posts, but so does the Bottomless Booster Brigade. And that's fine.

montyz81

Also the majority of the theater spaces enter and exit via stairs, although most have the wheelchair seating at 0 level.
Splash Mountian, I seem to remember going up some stairs albeit in very long increments. in Flight of Passage, Tomorrowland Speedway, the list goes on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom