Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Another thought: if one of the big jokes is how Quill is stuck in the 1980s and he expects Epcot to be just as it was when he was a kid (which i suspect was a low key dig at Epcot purists like myself, but whatever), why did they pass up the opportunity to use the one 1980s Epcot song that would have brought it all together?

Probably didn't want to deal with Sony (or Sony just flat out said no...)

Nthderivative

Question for those who've ridden:

Do they provide an explanation of why there's 70s/80s music on the ride?

For example, in Mission: Breakout, you see Rocket grab the Walkman during the preshow, and you see his shadow plug in the Walkman at the beginning of the ride. Unfortunately, this does a pretty bad job, as I think most people don't catch those moments (or at least don't catch the first one). Hopefully, Cosmic Rewind does a better job with providing some noticeable reason why there's 70s/80s music, because otherwise the music would be a weird immersion-breaker for sure.
The riders in the evacuation pods are "plugged" into Peter Quills ship in order to hear the crew. Peter Quill picks a song to play within his ship which you end up hearing.

UNCgolf

I am very happy they did that, but I think putting it in the queue was a mistake. I would have preferred it in another area of the pavilion where people could just walk in and check it out if they wanted instead of only being able to see it while waiting in line for the ride. ILL riders will generally blow right past it, and if the standby line is really long, it could be a 45 minute wait to even get to that part of the queue.

In other words, people who don't want to ride but want to see it will likely be out of luck unless they're willing to commit to a long wait. It doesn't look like there's anywhere to create a space for people to go in and see the show without queueing for the attraction.

Last edited:

Thelazer

Woah, woah, woah. You start doing stuff like that and then all of a sudden, the project starts to cost a lot of money!!!

I'd be okay with another 30 million in spend if they did that though, if it was PURE (or unpure rather) black masking all over the place so you didn't see screen reflections and track work.. It would easily be worth another 30 or 40 mill.

disneygeek90

I had one way or another and September on my rides. Stayed spoiler free so I didn’t know what to expect and those were absolutely perfect. One Way or Another was an awesome first ride, and September is one of my favorite songs of all time. So fun to jam along during the ride.

doctornick

Another thought: if one of the big jokes is how Quill is stuck in the 1980s and he expects Epcot to be just as it was when he was a kid (which i suspect was a low key dig at Epcot purists like myself, but whatever), why did they pass up the opportunity to use the one 1980s Epcot song that would have brought it all together?

Just FWIW I think Disney has divorced themselves of anything related to Jackson and I doubt we’ll ever see Eo again. They don’t even show the Simpson episode where he voiced a character anymore (on D+ or syndication) over concerns about the accusations of molestation.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Hey now, I like Mission: Breakout quite a lot. (Just don't try to bring it to MGM!)

I think one very interesting question will be whether M:B or CR is the better GotG attraction. I haven't ridden CR, so I can't speak to the physical experience or the exact details of the visuals in the box, but based on queue, preshow, tone, aesthetics, characters, and plot, M:B has a big, big lead. It certainly feels like the more "GotG" GotG ride. Plus it has a couple AAs (including one really good one) and the queue features Cosmo the Spacedog AND Stan Lee, which is a big advantage. It would be a rather searing indictment if, with $450 million and six years or so, Disney couldn't top the hasty reskin of the lackluster copy of ToT.
What's the second AA in M:B?

Has anyone considered that the lack of physical Guardians theming was done by design so that they could more easily do overlays and, dare I say it, eventually retheme this ride in the (probably far) future?

Actually, though, here's a question for everyone: In say, 20 years, will the Guardians still call Epcot home?

Jrb1979

Since it's brought up a lot, why do Disney attractions seem to always go over budget? Gringotts cost Universal half of what Guardians did. They a very similar in design.

Hawg G

Since it's brought up a lot, why do Disney attractions seem to always go over budget? Gringotts cost Universal half of what Guardians did. They a very similar in design.
If you wetr to read here, it's because CR is the best tide at WDW, and Gringotts is just another screen ride at Universal.

Nthderivative

Universe of Energy matches up so well it almost makes you believe they designed the ride with the intention of using that as the soundtrack.
Just gotta add onto this, you can hear the beginning few bars of the original Universe of Energy song when the Guardians show up in their spaceship - before you get launched back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom