Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Lightning Lane purchase cost predictions

What is your estimate for Lightning Lane purchase price at Cosmic Rewind?

• Under $15

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • $15

Votes: 47 31.1%
  • $16

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • $17

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • $18

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • $19

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • $20

Votes: 53 35.1%
  • Above $20

Votes: 16 10.6%

• Total voters

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just a week to go until the full opening of Cosmic Rewind, and we do not yet have any confirmed pricing for the individual attraction purchase price for the Lightning Lane.

The current highest cost is $15 for Rise. Does Disney use the newness of Cosmic Rewind to reach a new price point?

What are your thoughts on how it will be priced?

Patcheslee

With Rise being the current max, but open for over 2 years, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the $15 price broken. Maybe with it being a holiday weekend, they have the option to dial back the price on weekdays like many others do.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Only 5 bucks for general ILL. However, there will be a subtlety that will make the "new" system more profitable. Though boarding groups will be "free", the way in which you obtain a boarding group will be a PPV event on Disney plus (synergy baby!). Twice as many people as possible will be picked for each BG. Each group that has a BG number will pick a member of their friends and family to represent them in the arena. This is a key point. It doesn't have to be someone who has a BG number. It can be anyone from your "friends and family" list. A subtle way to award those with more Disney social networking prowess. Anyway, the member selected to represent your group will face off against another representative from another group. They will square off against each other and will be forced to fight in the style of one of the gangs in the cult classic "The Warriors" which Disney is desperately trying to obtain rights to. Personally, I think the weirdos that use baseball bats would be the way to go. Anyway, it won't be to the death or nothing and head gear will be worn to avoid concussion complaints. Medics, etc. will be on standby giving the whole thing the sanitized gloss we're so used to from Disney. Best of three falls, submission, tap out, three count, TKO, and KO will all be used leading to many routes to victory. You can view a full park day of this mayhem for $89.99. I think this is a good idea because it will inspire many fans to train and get in shape before vacay, so I can dig it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Only 5 bucks for general ILL. However, there will be a subtlety that will make the "new" system more profitable. Though boarding groups will be "free", the way in which you obtain a boarding group will be a PPV event on Disney plus (synergy baby!). Twice as many people as possible will be picked for each BG. Each group that has a BG number will pick a member of their friends and family to represent them in the arena. This is a key point. It doesn't have to be someone who has a BG number. It can be anyone from your "friends and family" list. A subtle way to award those with more Disney social networking prowess. Anyway, the member selected to represent your group will face off against another representative from another group. They will square off against each other and will be forced to fight in the style of one of the gangs in the cult classic "The Warriors" which Disney is desperately trying to obtain rights to. Personally, I think the weirdos that use baseball bats would be the way to go. Anyway, it won't be to the death or nothing and head gear will be worn to avoid concussion complaints. Medics, etc. will be on standby giving the whole thing the sanitized gloss we're so used to from Disney. Best of three falls, submission, tap out, three count, TKO, and KO will all be used leading to many routes to victory. You can view a full park day of this mayhem for $89.99. I think this is a good idea because it will inspire many fans to train and get in shape before vacay, so I can dig it.
Or, alternately, they can have an "eat-off" in Tony's Town Square. The family that manages to actually finish their mega-meal gets a BG number.

The challenge comes from trying to get from the MK to Epcot without missing their BG time, which will likely be in the next 45 minutes.

adam.adbe

I voted over 20, but I suspect Disney will probably do $20 - I think they'll want cross the < $20 line to move expectations for the future. Tron will likely have much lower capacity, so there's room for them to aim higher with that ride, because those people who have to ride it, will pay whatever is asked.

OTOH I suspect even if something big and new were to happen in the next few years (obviously not at this point) $25 would be the upper bounds for a while.

TheMaxRebo

I think it opens at $15 .... but then in August, when the dates runs out for the temporary move of some rides from ILL to G+ (though Aug 7th I believe) then rework it all and G+ increases in price as does the top end of $ILLs

Disstevefan1

Disney is dancing on the edge of a recession... I think it stays at $15.
I think you are right.
They are charging money for NOTHING There are no cost increases in order to provide NOTHING.
It should not be affected by inflation.

That said, TWDC loves MONEY.

DisneyCane

I know it is themed to something popular and is "new" but will a roller coaster really have THAT high of demand at Epcot? Test Track should have wider appeal as a thrill ride (due to less intensity) and that doesn't command $15+ ILL.

Obviously demand will be elevated when it first opens but I just don't see long term demand to support that kind if line skip pricing.

TheMaxRebo

I haven't ridden it yet but know quite a few people who have (and multiple times), and the general sense is it is a really, really fun ride. But not the "game changer" like Rise or anything. Also, that it really is a good fit for the park as that ride system and thrill level isn't really there.

So I think it will be in demand for quite a while, worthy of being an ILL, but I don't think it stays as that central to a day at EP on your trip as like Fop is for vacationers going to AK

Last edited by a moderator:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I know it is themed to something popular and is "new" but will a roller coaster really have THAT high of demand at Epcot? Test Track should have wider appeal as a thrill ride (due to less intensity) and that doesn't command $15+ ILL.

Obviously demand will be elevated when it first opens but I just don't see long term demand to support that kind if line skip pricing.
People are desperate for something new and exciting at EPCOT. Test Track is tired and no longer exciting for most guests. Many do it because it is the only rollercoaster-ish-type ride in the park. I expect Cosmic Rewind to be by far the most popular and in-demand attraction in EPCOT for years to come.

Touchdown

I expect that Soarin and Test Track will join Mission Space, LwtL and SSE in the mid tier wait level (usually <15 min waits, but can go to 30 min.). Soarin thanks to its capacity has almost already joined it, and like stated, with a roller coaster now in the park I suspect demand for Test Track will wane too.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Interesting to see they went above the current $15, not that it was unexpected. A new attraction is the ideal opportunity to bump the price over the existing highest offering. I am slightly surprised to see it drop down to $14 though. Will be interesting to see how long that lasts for, and how dynamic the pricing for Cosmic Rewind is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom