News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

gorillaball

To my eye, that drop off looks exactly like the launch up into the building. Could be wrong but the slope looks right to me
Let me try to illustrate a different way. Orange line is wall of the building. Point A to point B is much further in pic 1 vs pic 2, IE: more track from the top of the hill (A) to where the track would intersect the wall of the building (B). IF that's true (and pics aren't an illusion or I'm way off base) then these two pics are of different portions of the track... IE: the internal view is not looking at the exit/entrance slope corner.

1628020458543.png

1628020475410.png

lazyboy97o

Let me try to illustrate a different way. Orange line is wall of the building. Point A to point B is much further in pic 1 vs pic 2, IE: more track from the top of the hill (A) to where the track would intersect the wall of the building (B). IF that's true (and pics aren't an illusion or I'm way off base) then these two pics are of different portions of the track... IE: the internal view is not looking at the exit/entrance slope corner.

View attachment 577091
View attachment 577092
There is no door in Image 2. They’re not looking at the same point.

JT308

The issue you're having is that the Door you see is for an internal staircase of the building (you can see the scaffolding for it in the second picture), which is to the left of the incline (from the first picture's perspective). The orange line you drew representing the wall of the building needs to be shifted further right in this first picture to line up with what you're measuring in the second picture. That shortens the distance of the drop you measured.

Edit: To explain the optical illusion, the incline happens behind the door/staircase, you drew it as if it was in front of it. If that makes any sense.

Last edited:

rick_

Then this speculative drawing someone did many months ago is the wrong perspective, because we are not actually looking in the orange outline.
the 2 points circled in red show the last known location of the track before it passes through the wall to the left of the frame. Considering the track only enters/exits the gravity building in 1 corner, there's only one possible perspective that the photo could have been taken from.
1628036127607.png

lazyboy97o

The issue you're having is that the Door you see is for an internal staircase of the building (you can see the scaffolding for it in the second picture), which is to the left of the incline (from the first picture's perspective). The orange line you drew representing the wall of the building needs to be shifted further right in this first picture to line up with what you're measuring in the second picture. That shortens the distance of the drop you measured.

Edit: To explain the optical illusion, the incline happens behind the door/staircase, you drew it as if it was in front of it. If that makes any sense.
Looking at this more I think you are correct. I was thinking that stair was the other roof stair.

Having two stairs that close together both going that high, with the non-roof stair being protected so that it is an Exit is just another one of those bizarre design choices. It’s a lot of expense when it seems it should have been possible to have a single stair.

gorillaball

hmmm, I was actually ignoring the stairs entirely, my orange line is meant to be along the external wall in both pics.

Stupido

You can tell the development of this ride has taken a long time. We’ve now moved on to the “Zapruder Film” level of analysis
In fairness, the development of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol III has taken a long time as well, so the cast hasn't been able to reunite to film their scenes for this ride yet. I'd slow production too if the rest of the ride would be done, waiting on filming/editing/effects as well.

brettf22

Premium Member
In fairness, the development of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol III has taken a long time as well, so the cast hasn't been able to reunite to film their scenes for this ride yet. I'd slow production too if the rest of the ride would be done, waiting on filming/editing/effects as well.
Anything’s possible. But I’m not sure they’d slow development of a ride just so they could wait until the cast is filming GotG3. I have no insight into what the cast contracts say, but extra cost of flying each cast member in for a day of makeup and shooting is probably minuscule compared to the cost of the rest of the ride.

gorillaball

You can tell the development of this ride has taken a long time. We’ve now moved on to the “Zapruder Film” level of analysis
I think I've come full circle on this and see what you guys are saying... well that is IF these 3 orange lines on beams are all in alignment. Yes I think the internal stairway is throwing me maybe.

Need some new eye candy to analyze, something other than the outside of the building.
But actually a part of me hopes they keep this completely under wraps until it's open, too many internal pics of Rise of the Resistance were released beforehand.
1628261842037.png

EPCOT-O.G.

What's the latest guesstimate on when this ride opens? I think the consensus is Tron in the Spring/early Summer 2022, and this in the second half of the year?

(I'm also holding out hope they keep Spaceship Earth open until this is finished)

Bocabear

What's the latest guesstimate on when this ride opens? I think the consensus is Tron in the Spring/early Summer 2022, and this in the second half of the year?

(I'm also holding out hope they keep Spaceship Earth open until this is finished)
I see no reason to close Spaceship Earth since the refurbishment was cancelled and pushed out indefinitely... if it does happen...

EPCOT-O.G.

No insider here but Spaceship Earth will be closed. It simply cannot continue in it’s current state. If I am not mistaken multiple insiders have said this.

I expect it to go down for refurb.
I of course would prefer it not be changed. However, I think its ride mechanisms have deteriorated to the point that they drastically need a major overhaul, and while it was slated to go down (for an extensive refurb) back in May 2020 those plans changed with the pandemic and they decided to squeeze what remaining workability they had until other rides came on board (like Ratatouille or Guardians).

Inspired Figment

I of course would prefer it not be changed. However, I think its ride mechanisms have deteriorated to the point that they drastically need a major overhaul, and while it was slated to go down (for an extensive refurb) back in May 2020 those plans changed with the pandemic and they decided to squeeze what remaining workability they had until other rides came on board (like Ratatouille or Guardians).
In all honesty, the possibility having the ride mechs simply rebuilt and the pre-existing show being refurbished would’ve been the most cost effective & guranteed successful way to refurb it. Not to mention, I think adding “Tomorrow’s Child” back to the attraction would’ve been great for the anniversary, but whatever.

The fact they’re trying to make the whole thing about storytelling & supposedly shoehorning unnecessary film IP into the mix on that ride (like the stingray from Moana) is really stupid IMO.. ‘Communication’ (the way we’ve evolved in the way we communicate with others) is far more vast than the overly vague premise of ‘Storytelling’ but we shall see..

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom