News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

tparris

Gravity building is just as big as ever…
05DCB8D3-8265-4229-98E6-1B51E9A2F967.jpeg
I really hope they fix up the paint job on this building. You can still see the patch on the first rib where they tried fixing that rip from a few years ago. The second rib just has visible brush strokes all over it.
55E7CCC8-7E08-444D-B45C-51EDE4DB8819.jpeg

On back corner of the building you can see where they raised the roof a bit, there’s a clear seam where the new bit starts. I hope they hide that a bit better before this thing opens.
21C6FFEE-4ABC-4E75-9FC9-E64A13880AD9.jpeg
New doors they added a year or two ago, where the mirrored tiles used to be.
B5893694-4E76-4FCB-9857-7164833E4628.jpeg
One of the former exits from Energy, with what I guess is an AC vent on the wall.
86ADE642-7CCB-4505-9B9E-16B7A85B047A.jpeg
There were some workers up on the roof installing more of those serrated metal panels.
9F83782C-EE4C-4F75-A76B-E73ECAE331E6.jpeg
3A58C2C0-2F64-40E6-9D82-1F2CFE2D5414.jpeg

DreamfinderGuy

There were some workers up on the roof installing more of those serrated metal panels.View attachment 567169View attachment 567170
Weird how they're curving the new whatever they're doing up there. I knew it was in the concept art but I figured it was artistic license. I guess another example of them digging deep into old EPCOT concepts with the curved Energy building? Curious to see how it looks considering the pavilion was not designed with any sort of curvature in mind.

sedati

Both versions of UoE were dated from their first day because of the dinosaurs, which had nothing to do with energy. It was bad edutainment because the education part was bad. Bill Nye wand-waving it away because "they're cool" is still bad edutainment.
Even re-using the 60's dino moulds from the World's Fair when knowledge of Dinosaurs had advanced significantly was unfortunate. (Which isn't to say the buildup, reveal, and execution of the diorama isn't one of the flat-out greatest things imagineering has ever done.)

Sandurz

Like Gringotts?
Gringotts system isn’t capable of any real thrills though if I remember correctly. It barely qualifies as a coaster. This is at least an actual full blown coaster that also supports the ride control requirements needed for show scenes without much compromise for the thrill portion of the ride.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Gringotts system isn’t capable of any real thrills though if I remember correctly. It barely qualifies as a coaster. This is at least an actual full blown coaster that also supports the ride control requirements needed for show scenes without much compromise for the thrill portion of the ride.
Gringotts gave me and my wife plenty of thrills our first few times. Can't tell you how many times we rode it in a row. Never saw my better half so excited about an attraction. I dare say its her favorite in Orlando.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes it is and yes it does.

I know quite a lot about the Epcot coaster too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom