News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

lazyboy97o

if by dragging their feet you mean opening 2 new galaxies edge star wars lands and an Avengers Campus....Then you have everything currently being built....all the epcot renovation with about a dozen awesome things happening, tron at MK, MMRR at DL...and thats just in USA. Take a look at whats happened around the world...DSP getting major work done, new BatB area at Tokyo DL, New 30+ acre expansion at TokyoDisneysea, New castle and New Frozen area at Hong Kong, ZootopiaLand at Shanghai....seems like Disney is building a lot right now lol
So? It’s not the same people juggling all of these projects.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
fixed it for you
They are in fact dragging their feet. Most of what is going on at WDW was supposed to be done and opened this year, if not opened already. If there are "a dozen awesome things" going into Epcot, I'm going to win a huge lottery jackpot. Plus what was mentioned above - It is not the same people juggling all of the projects.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
if by dragging their feet you mean opening 2 new galaxies edge star wars lands and an Avengers Campus....Then you have everything currently being built....all the epcot renovation with about a dozen awesome things happening, tron at MK, MMRR at DL...and thats just in USA. Take a look at whats happened around the world...DSP getting major work done, new BatB area at Tokyo DL, New 30+ acre expansion at TokyoDisneysea, New castle and New Frozen area at Hong Kong, ZootopiaLand at Shanghai....seems like Disney is building a lot right now lol
Go back to late 1987 early 88 Just in Orlando.

Now THAT was building a lot.

(The list you posted is a multiple project operation done by multiple divisions and multiple companies. And let’s not forget GE is two years old now)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I feel like it does have 2. SR is just as exciting (and more engaging) as Star Tours or ToT, which I consider to be E-Tickets. Star Tours was also the only "thrill ride" at MGM for a long time.

SR isn’t even in the same league as ToT, and the Tower is insulted you even mentioned it with such a comparatively paltry ride as SR. Star Tours is a solid D in my book. I’d put SR in the D ticket category as well. It’s just not greater than the sum of its parts, particularly for something that uses an iconic piece of SW as its base of operations. It’s a glorified video game.

DCLcruiser

SR isn’t even in the same league as ToT, and the Tower is insulted you even mentioned it with such a comparatively paltry ride as SR. Star Tours is a solid D in my book. I’d put SR in the D ticket category as well. It’s just not greater than the sum of its parts, particularly for something that uses an iconic piece of SW as its base of operations. It’s a glorified video game.
ToT goes up and down and has a nice skyline view. SR is a simulator w/ guest interaction. I don't see how SR is less than ToT.

Back on topic, will Guardians reuse the Dinosaurs or Caveman-Kramer?

UNCgolf

I can’t imagine thinking MFSR isn’t an E-ticket. It isn’t a spectacular one, but it has everything an E-ticket needs. If they had a more compelling video game to play, people would love it. Maybe have us actually engage in a star war?

I'm the opposite -- I can't imagine anyone thinking it is. Being inside the Millenium Falcon is great. The actual ride experience is pretty bad -- you can have more fun/a better experience playing a 25 year old Star Wars PC game than you get on SR.

As someone who actually plays video games regularly, though (or at least I used to; not as much now), I think it would be very difficult for me to have any ride that's essentially a video game be an E ticket. They're basically guaranteed to be significantly worse in essentially every way than what you can play at home on your couch. I feel similarly about rides that take place entirely or almost entirely in front of a screen in general, though. It's almost impossible for that to provide the ride experience necessary to be an E ticket.

Talking about E tickets ends up being subjective at this point, though. Something could invariably be an E ticket and still be a bad ride, so I guess it doesn't really matter if Smuggler's Run is an E-ticket or not. It's still a mediocre to bad ride.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
ToT goes up and down and has a nice skyline view. SR is a simulator w/ guest interaction. I don't see how SR is less than ToT.

Back on topic, will Guardians reuse the Dinosaurs or Caveman-Kramer?

ToT is greater than the sum of its parts. SR is a glorified video game that you can play on a multitude of home gaming platforms. Not that I can obviously expect you to see the difference between a pinnacle of Imagineering and Smuggler's Run, which if not for the source material, could show up at any mall in the country.

No, it won't.

ToTBellHop

I'm the opposite -- I can't imagine anyone thinking it is. Being inside the Millenium Falcon is great. The actual ride experience is pretty bad -- you can have more fun/a better experience playing a 25 year old Star Wars PC game than you get on SR.

As someone who actually plays video games regularly, though (or at least I used to; not as much now), I think it would be very difficult for me to have any ride that's essentially a video game be an E ticket. They're basically guaranteed to be significantly worse in essentially every way than what you can play at home on your couch. I feel similarly about rides that take place entirely or almost entirely in front of a screen in general, though. It's almost impossible for that to provide the ride experience necessary to be an E ticket.

Talking about E tickets ends up being subjective at this point, though. Something could invariably be an E ticket and still be a bad ride, so I guess it doesn't really matter if Smuggler's Run is an E-ticket or not. It's still a mediocre to bad ride.
But you don’t have to like an E-ticket. It is sorta subjective, but honestly it is scale and immersiveness that matter. I think MFSR has both. Certainly as much as Mission: Space, another E, or just about all of Universal’s Es.

I don‘t particularly love the Tiki Room. In the ‘70s, it was an E. I hate CBJ. It was an E in 1972.

DCLcruiser

ToT is greater than the sum of its parts. SR is a glorified video game that you can play on a multitude of home gaming platforms. Not that I can obviously expect you to see the difference between a pinnacle of Imagineering and Smuggler's Run, which if not for the source material, could show up at any mall in the country.

No, it won't.
ToT is a fun ride. It used to be fairly immersive with the creepy bellhops and it was cool when Family Matters went on it.

UNCgolf

But you don’t have to like an E-ticket.

I don‘t particularly love the Tiki Room. In the ‘70s, it was an E. I hate CBJ. It was an E in 1972.

That's what I was saying with my last paragraph. A ride can be an E ticket and still be bad/disliked and C/D/E classification is all subjective at this point anyways.

I personally still don't think SR is an E-ticket because while everything else is impressive, the actual ride/attraction part just isn't at all -- it would work better as a Swiss Family Robinson style walkthrough attraction with the ride itself eliminated -- and all parts should be impressive to classify as an E, but that ride experience part is subjective too. Obviously there are people who absolutely love it whereas if I could walk on to anything across all four parks SR wouldn't even be in the top 25.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom