News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

FigmentFan82

Will Thor be on the ride since he is a guardian now and the real Gamora is dead and past Gamora is out there somewhere, so she should not be on the ride?
My guess which is based on nothing, is that no we would not see Thor, and that the ride will have Gamora. My hunch is that the ride's film elements would be more or less a non-canon experience with the classic cast with it's timeframe probably being closer to the first film than after the events of Endgame, but again, will probably act more or less as it's own standalone thing so it doesn't need to rely too heavily on events that came before in the movies. I may be totally wrong, but that's what I think it may turn out to be

danlb_2000

Premium Member
well....they can't use Thor as a comic book character, however Thor predates Marvel because it's an ancient god in Norse Mythology, along with Loki, Odin, etc. so Disney theoretically could create a Thor themed attraction, but it probably couldn't resemble the Marvel version at all. In fact I believe there's already Thor themed things in the Norway pavilion at Epcot

Yeah, the exhibit in the Stave Church is all about Norse Mythology. If they had the rights I am sure they would have tied this into Marvel.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My guess which is based on nothing, is that no we would not see Thor, and that the ride will have Gamora. My hunch is that the ride's film elements would be more or less a non-canon experience with the classic cast with it's timeframe probably being closer to the first film than after the events of Endgame, but again, will probably act more or less as it's own standalone thing so it doesn't need to rely too heavily on events that came before in the movies. I may be totally wrong, but that's what I think it may turn out to be
Um... yes.

Marvel in the parks is its own park-universe that closely resembles the MCU, but is a different timeline/dimension. This is official Disney backstory that the parks will not mirror exactly the MCU.

Which isn't any different than the discrepancies between other Disney movies and park attractions in which dead villains are alive; and you can find Belle as both a princess and a pauper; and you can find Ariel as both a princess and a mermaid; and you can find some guy celebrating Simba as the Lion King by singing about a coup he's going to attempt.

doctornick

I have seen people earnestly argue that there should be a Captain America attraction on Main Street, USA.

In all seriousness, I could see a patriotic show featuring WWII era Captain America on Main Street and I think it could work. Yes, the dates don't quite match up, but if it is old timey and has that kinda of aw shucks nostalgia it wouldn't seem as out of place. Picture the scene from The First Avenger where he is selling war bonds.

Movielover

In all seriousness, I could see a patriotic show featuring WWII era Captain America on Main Street and I think it could work. Yes, the dates don't quite match up, but if it is old timey and has that kinda of aw shucks nostalgia it wouldn't seem as out of place. Picture the scene from The First Avenger where he is selling war bonds.
That would work much better in the 1940's section of Sunset Blvd in the Studios.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Not sure how 1900’s Marceline, MO equates to 1940’s America. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway, this has gone WAY off-topic. Time to reign things back in and focus on the misplaced GotG ride which is going into Epcot but should have gone into DHS. 😉

Rich Brownn

Peoplemover, Swiss Family Treehouse, High up Astro Orbitor, COP, CBJ, hall of presidents, Spaceship Earth, living with the land, figment, seabase, test track, mission space, all of world showcase, Rockin Rollercoaster, Slinky dog, flight of passage, dinosaur, safari, EE
DL vrs Magic Kingdom. Its more like the parks outside the MK have the unique rides. Disneyland had COP and moved it. Hall of Presidents is basically the completed Great Moments. The others you mention are outside the MK.

They took rides that are even IN DL and put them in other parks (Star Tours). Sure, we have more rides and attracrtions overall - in 4 seperate parks we can charge you 4 times for. But DL has way more rides than our Magic Kingdom, and a better use of space.

MagicHappens1971

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they confirmed the rides aren't cannon to the MCU, so I wouldn't expect the ride to reflect the movies that closely.
Yeah, all of the Marvel theme park attractions exist within the “Marvel Theme Park Universe” and don’t really have any direct connection to the cannon of the MCU

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
DL vrs Magic Kingdom. Its more like the parks outside the MK have the unique rides. Disneyland had COP and moved it. Hall of Presidents is basically the completed Great Moments. The others you mention are outside the MK.

They took rides that are even IN DL and put them in other parks (Star Tours). Sure, we have more rides and attracrtions overall - in 4 seperate parks we can charge you 4 times for. But DL has way more rides than our Magic Kingdom, and a better use of space.

I was also going to mention: They both had a treehouse, they both have an Astro Orbiter, Dinosaur is a clone of IJA, and Test Track and RCR are the same ride system. Not to mention WS isn’t a ride.

The Aracuan Bird

I’d also say that Florida’s Splash and Space Mountains are pretty different from their California counterparts, just sharing the basic themes. Winnie the Pooh is way better in Florida, fitting more scenes in less space. Small World is also different, although the Tokyo version is near identical.

But yes, Disneyland uses space better and has a more impressive attraction count.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It’s pretty disingenuous to compare Dino and Indy, as well as TT and RCR. They’re different ride experiences.

So then what's the count of rides at DL that WDW doesn't have? If you can't count "different ride experiences". Can you say Splash, Pirates, or HM are the same? Because they are all different ride experiences between DL and MK. And let's limit it to 2 parks, also, since there's no way to equitably compare 4 parks vs 2.

You're right, though - I'd much rather ride IJA and RCR. Much better overall experiences.

The Aracuan Bird

So then what's the count of rides at DL that WDW doesn't have? If you can't count "different ride experiences". Can you say Splash, Pirates, or HM are the same? Because they are all different ride experiences between DL and MK. And let's limit it to 2 parks, also, since there's no way to equitably compare 4 parks vs 2.

You're right, though - I'd much rather ride IJA and RCR. Much better overall experiences.

Sharing a ride system and track layout doesn’t make them the same. The theming is different. The story is different. The animatronics, sets, and ride vehicle motions are different. I wouldn’t consider Maelstrom and Frozen the same ride, even though the replacement shares similar layout.

As previously stated, there’s probably enough difference between Splash and Space on both coasts to consider them “unique”. HM however is really only different by one or two scenes and a different facade. Pirates in Florida is the Disneyland version but much much less, so Disneyland obviously wins in that category.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom