News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

UNCgolf

Unfortunately

I've actually thought it was a blessing in disguise. Guardians in EPCOT is bad enough, but if they had the ability to use any character they wanted I think most of the current WDW additions would be Marvel themed. Marvel in DHS would be fine, but they don't belong in any of the other parks (with the possible exception of Tomorrowland; there are some things that could work there). I don't believe Disney would have looked at it that way, though.

The stuff they're building for the Avengers Campus at Disneyland does not look very impressive.

The Aracuan Bird

I've actually thought it was a blessing in disguise. Guardians in EPCOT is bad enough, but if they had the ability to use any character they wanted I think most of the current WDW additions would be Marvel themed. Marvel in DHS would be fine, but they don't belong in any of the other parks (with the possible exception of Tomorrowland; there are some things that could work there). I don't believe Disney would have looked at it that way, though.

The stuff they're building for the Avengers Campus at Disneyland does not look very impressive.
You know what, you’re probably right about that one 😂
Would’ve like to see their take on a different Spider-Man attraction

ImperfectPixie

You're probably right. I wasn't a fan of the monorail wraps.

ETA: Now that I think about it...it's almost as if they are intent on over-saturating everything.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Disney has a contract with Universal...because of that contract most Marvel characters and (I believe) the Marvel name may not be used by Disney east of the Mississippi.

Am I remembering that right @HauntedPirate ?
Universal exclusive theme park rights to the Marvel name across the US. This is why Disney’s California Adventure has things like Hero Days (or whatever they’re actually called).

For those interested in the contract:

lazyboy97o

If not for that pesky contract, they could have knocked down the Hall of Presidents and replaced it with a Captain America attraction! That fits perfectly in Liberty Square, right?

(I actually don't think Disney would go quite that far, but still)
I have seen people earnestly argue that there should be a Captain America attraction on Main Street, USA.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I have seen people earnestly argue that there should be a Captain America attraction on Main Street, USA.
YAAAASSSSSS!!!!
Season 12 Usa GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Marvel in the parks is it's own park-universe that closely resembles the MCU, but is a different timeline/dimension. This is official Disney backstory that the parks will not mirror exactly the MCU.

Which isn't any different than the discrepancies between other Disney movies and park attractions in which dead villains are alive; and you can find Belle as both a princess and a pauper; and you can find Ariel as both a princess and a mermaid; and you can find some guy celebrating Simba as the Lion King by singing about a coup he's going to attempt.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
In the comics Thor was part of the Avengers, so Universal has exclusive rights to that character, Disney cannot use him at WDW.

well....they can't use Thor as a comic book character, however Thor predates Marvel because it's an ancient god in Norse Mythology, along with Loki, Odin, etc. so Disney theoretically could create a Thor themed attraction, but it probably couldn't resemble the Marvel version at all. In fact I believe there's already Thor themed things in the Norway pavilion at Epcot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom