News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

ppete1975

Revisiting things I've said before. I would move it's a small world to EPCOT and find a better spot for a Speedway style attraction. The move should have been integrating it into Toy Story Land on a layered attraction space, but that ship has sailed. I don't oppose the Speedway staying in MK, but I would like that entire area redone so that the footprint isn't exclusively the Speedway.
This isnt roller coaster tycoon, they cant just move stuff with a copy paste. They arent going to spend that kind of money, and it doesnt fit epcot. It does fit a kiddie area and fantasy which is where it is.

RSoxNo1

This isnt roller coaster tycoon, they cant just move stuff with a copy paste. They arent going to spend that kind of money, and it doesnt fit epcot. It does fit a kiddie area and fantasy which is where it is.
I'm not saying it will happen. I'm saying that it should. I disagree with your position that it doesn't belong in EPCOT. Previously, I've posted reasons behind the move and would be happy to discuss privately if you'd like, but this isn't the appropriate thread for it.

SplashJacket

The Speedway desperately needs to go. They could build two high quality attractions on that footprint if they were efficient (not that they have been very efficient with space recently).
More than anything, I want water there. Water underneath the people mover supports with Tron in the background on one side and Space mountain in the background on the other, simply beautiful.

Other than that, one big attraction and a small scale attraction like a spinner would be great.

Movielover

tenor.gif

The old stage location would be perfect to expand the Buzz show building, perfect to do something different than just re-using the If You Had Wings layout.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
tenor.gif

The old stage location would be perfect to expand the Buzz show building, perfect to do something different than just re-using the If You Had Wings layout.
Ideally Buzz would be rethemed to something better and of higher quality (or just higher quality) and a new build would go in the car park. Capacity and all that. But with the SGE mess we know that won’t happen.

I’ve trotted this out before too from 1980:
8180E316-6A11-473C-B29C-D559BABF1DB9.jpeg

Movielover

Ideally Buzz would be rethemed to something better and of higher quality (or just higher quality) and a new build would go in the car park. Capacity and all that. But with the SGE mess we know that won’t happen.

I’ve trotted this out before too from 1980:
View attachment 557610

Would love at least something to be Baymax related. Seeing his Happy Ride in Tokyo makes me smile.

Btw do you happen to know the reason the original stage was removed? Capacity issues? Sound bleeding?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Would love at least something to be Baymax related. Seeing his Happy Ride in Tokyo makes me smile.

Btw do you happen to know the reason the original stage was removed? Capacity issues? Sound bleeding?
I’d love to see an original theme but that won’t happen either. I could say the stage structure needed remedial work so they thought it easier to just remove it but I couldn’t be certain.

DisneyDreamerxyz

There’s still two sizeable plots

I would love to see them use that plot ! I was so excited/surprised when the Main Street Theatre was announced, but really they could add an attraction back there and have it enter at the old stage location if they didn't want to spend money on theming the back of Main Street East.

doctornick

There is no additional land to build something in Tomorrowland (beyond the currently empty buildings which need to be filled, but they can't build any major attractions in those spaces like they could on the Speedway plot) now that TRON is going in.

there’s the space behind the Buzz/Laugh Floor building that can be accessed from the gap between Space and Buzz. Part of that area was going to be used for the defunct Main Street theater.

edit: sorry didn’t read ahead to see this was already mentioned

Last edited:

doctornick

IASW doesn’t fit Epcot? Huh? It’s a perfect fit for Workd Showcase and was in fact designed for a World’s Fair which Epcot emulates.

It’s always been an odd fit in the medieval Europe setting of Fantasyland (there’s a reason it’s set off on its own in DL).

jt04

I would love to see them use that plot ! I was so excited/surprised when the Main Street Theatre was announced, but really they could add an attraction back there and have it enter at the old stage location if they didn't want to spend money on theming the back of Main Street East.

If only they had put Storybook Circus (or something very similar) off of MSUSA where it is a better fit thematically, they could have developed a better flow between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

Really not good especially for a Disney park. They just can't seem to let go of those two circus tents. 🎪🎪

Jokers🃏

😏

Brer Panther

IASW doesn’t fit Epcot? Huh? It’s a perfect fit for Workd Showcase and was in fact designed for a World’s Fair which Epcot emulates.

It’s always been an odd fit in the medieval Europe setting of Fantasyland (there’s a reason it’s set off on its own in DL).
It's a Small World is a perfect fit for Fantasyland - it's about world peace, and if that ain't a fantasy then I don't know WHAT is.

DisneyDreamerxyz

If only they had put Storybook Circus (or something very similar) off of MSUSA where it is a better fit thematically, they could have developed a better flow between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

Really not good especially for a Disney park. They just can't seem to let go of those two circus tents. 🎪🎪

Jokers🃏

😏
I do not like the Story Book Circus area. they need to do something else with that back corner (keep Dumbo). they were cheap and didn't really bulldoze it from the Fantasyland expansion, they kept the buildings and tried to tie in a theme that is not that appealing.

Does anyone really want to see the Fab 5 dressed as magicians etc ? and Big Top Souvenirs is so far back no one really goes in there because they don't walk that far back in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom