News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Stupido

If anything they should be leaking details themselves. There is generally no faith in this attraction due to the ridiculousness of both its placement and its ugly exterior. The only seemingly redeemable aspect of it is the tech. Personally speaking, I guess.
No faith in Walt Disney World's first (and most likely only) Marvel attraction? Yeah, okay... this thing is going to be a massive hit.
Comic Books Marvel GIF by Omaze

Giss Neric

If anything they should be leaking details themselves. There is generally no faith in this attraction due to the ridiculousness of both its placement and its ugly exterior. The only seemingly redeemable aspect of it is the tech. Personally speaking, I guess.
I personally think the opposite. Kinda like what Universal is doing. They keep quiet the majority of the time and let people speculate. When it's near complete that's the time they advertise nonstop.

SplashJacket

I personally think the opposite. Kinda like what Universal is doing. They keep quiet the majority of the time and let people speculate. When it's near complete that's the time they advertise nonstop.
I really hope Disney stops announcing projects so long before construction starts.

Hopefully, they're doing that now, otherwise, we won't get anything after Guardians until after Epic Universe opens.

I don't expect anything to be imminent given the current situation, but D23 got pushed back to September 2022, so if they follow their usual 4-year timeline, it would be 2026. Granted, Destination D got delayed until this year, but I honestly don't expect an exciting announcement, hope I'm wrong though!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Loose lips sink ships and careers. Disney has apparently been quite aggressive about Sausalito.

Plus, don’t they just need to tweet about something being opened and that’s enough marketing these days because there are hundred of billions of rubes guests wanting to experience the latest and greatest that Disney has to offer?? It worked so well for SW:GE out in California. Oh wait...

TikibirdLand

Plus, don’t they just need to tweet about something being opened and that’s enough marketing these days because there are hundred of billions of rubes guests wanting to experience the latest and greatest that Disney has to offer?? It worked so well for SW:GE out in California. Oh wait...
What will Zach tweet about then? New lightbulb in the men's restroom?

ppete1975

I really hope Disney stops announcing projects so long before construction starts.

Hopefully, they're doing that now, otherwise, we won't get anything after Guardians until after Epic Universe opens.

I don't expect anything to be imminent given the current situation, but D23 got pushed back to September 2022, so if they follow their usual 4-year timeline, it would be 2026. Granted, Destination D got delayed until this year, but I honestly don't expect an exciting announcement, hope I'm wrong though!
i worry we might be about to hit a big drought when rat guardians space rest and tron opens... we will get princess and the frog (maybe) and some reimaging but i almost doubt anything else till 2027-30.

In a way thats disneys fault, they take so long to build things that even though rat, tron and guardians isnt even open yet and we should be super excited about 3 new rides.... we have known about it for so long its not a big deal anymore. Disney really needs to shorten their build time.

J4546

yeah but in the last 2 years theyve also built star wars land, toy story land, mmrr, avengers campus, along with so many upgrades and updates to other rides...and thats just in USA. Paris, china, japan.....billions being spent right now in those areas as well. Im content with what they are giving us right now, knowing that we are in a period of unprecedented growth in the parks

lazyboy97o

yeah but in the last 2 years theyve also built star wars land, toy story land, mmrr, avengers campus, along with so many upgrades and updates to other rides...and thats just in USA. Paris, china, japan.....billions being spent right now in those areas as well. Im content with what they are giving us right now, knowing that we are in a period of unprecedented growth in the parks
Disney pays $0 for anything in Japan and less than half for projects in China. Even then, it doesn’t change the fact that the parks intentionally have insufficient capacity and that huge resources are poured into projects without commensurate results.

ppete1975

yeah but theyre still spending multiple billions in paris and in usa right now, building so many things as we speak. theres like 20 major cool things happening right now and people are never satisfied lol.
But is that keeping up with universal? Disneyworld took so much time before building anything and universal isnt going to slow down. And as much as i hate to say it.. they havent built a harry potter comp yet.

doctornick

Yep. I think that's the right play. As is, Disney often overhypes and underdelivers. It's better to not say much and just make a high quality product that speaks for itself.

doctornick

But is that keeping up with universal? Disneyworld took so much time before building anything and universal isnt going to slow down. And as much as i hate to say it.. they havent built a harry potter comp yet.

Of late, how have they not "been keeping up with Universal"? WDW has had more stuff opening than Uni in recent years.

Epic Universe is of course a different topic, but Uni has delayed that much like WDW delayed their active builds. We'll see what happens, but it seems like that Disney plan and build something in the meantime to counter that opening. Isn't Epic Universe going to be in the 2024 or 2025 timeframe now?

The Aracuan Bird

No faith in Walt Disney World's first (and most likely only) Marvel attraction? Yeah, okay... this thing is going to be a massive hit.
Comic Books Marvel GIF by Omaze
I don’t think that’s what’s going to make it popular (unless it has Thanos or something). The fact that it’s Epcot’s only thrill coaster will drive up the waits, regardless of how good or bad it is.

ppete1975

Of late, how have they not "been keeping up with Universal"? WDW has had more stuff opening than Uni in recent years.

Epic Universe is of course a different topic, but Uni has delayed that much like WDW delayed their active builds. We'll see what happens, but it seems like that Disney plan and build something in the meantime to counter that opening. Isn't Epic Universe going to be in the 2024 or 2025 timeframe now?
since 2014 disney 4parks
2014 was magic kingdoms last (seven dwarves)
2016 frozen ever after
2017 avatar
2017 avatar
2018 slinky dog
2018 alien
2019 lightning mcqueen
2019 star wars
2019 star wars
SINCE 2014 universal
2014 escape from gringotts
2014 hogwarts express
2016 kong
2016 hulk rebuild
2017 race through new york
2018 fast and furious
2019 motorbike adventure
2020 bourne
2021 JP

its the same.. and disney has 3 coming then they are done (for 4 parks) universal has a ton coming down the pipe line. And disney will have nothing till 2026=28ish based on their horrible build times. Universal even though there rides in general are screens and some have not lived up to the hype, build much quicker... when did the new jw roller coaster start... it seems like it was right before covid (could be wrong) Hopefully next year they announce alot and speed up their build time... but i have doubts.

Bocabear

lets not forget that a lot of this building and expenditure is due to their own oversight... Building half-parks that were complete flops, allowing DHS to get down to a 5 ride park before actually doing anything about it... They are not adding attractions, they are replacing things that have been closed down and not refreshed...Some closed years and years before being addressed... There are still shuttered attractions with no replacement in sight...
Did Universal tear down Jurassic Park's main ride to add the new coaster? While I know they removed JAWS, they added an entire new land with several attractions, shops and restaurants. Universal seems to be adding while Disney is removing and replacing but never quite getting back to their attraction count from the 90s...
Disney DOES need to catch up... They need to become the leader again instead of the overly expensive parks that never seem to add without removing... Prices go up, the experience doesn't actually get better...sure a new thing here and there... but always at the cost of something else.

flutas

since 2014 disney 4parks
2014 was magic kingdoms last (seven dwarves)
2016 frozen ever after
2017 avatar
2017 avatar
2018 slinky dog
2018 alien
2019 lightning mcqueen
2019 star wars
2019 star wars
SINCE 2014 universal
2014 escape from gringotts
2014 hogwarts express
2016 kong
2016 hulk rebuild
2017 race through new york
2018 fast and furious
2019 motorbike adventure
2020 bourne
2021 JP

its the same.. and disney has 3 coming then they are done (for 4 parks) universal has a ton coming down the pipe line. And disney will have nothing till 2026=28ish based on their horrible build times. Universal even though there rides in general are screens and some have not lived up to the hype, build much quicker... when did the new jw roller coaster start... it seems like it was right before covid (could be wrong) Hopefully next year they announce alot and speed up their build time... but i have doubts.

You forgot Runaway Railway in 2020 for WDW.

But I would ask (this is something I truly don't know), how many were a reimagining rather than new at WDW vs Uni.

I know Frozen and Railway both were replacing / reimagining a ride that was already there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom