News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

J4546

Assuming they make another and its star wars themed, it may be in the right park, as I doubt theyd ever build 2 coasters this big in the same park.

RSoxNo1

I’m disappointed with many of the decisions WDI has made over the last two years, and Guardians is in the wrong theme park—but I’m also really looking forward to this ride. :)
Are you familiar enough with the theme? I'm not 100% convinced the ride itself is in the wrong park, but on the whole, I would certainly say that the IP probably is. My point is that there are story treatments involving the Guardians that would work in EPCOT, they are probably just better suited for DHS or MK.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Latest look

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy_Full_41147.jpg

begood524

I took extra pictures of UoE when I last rode it in 2016 because I had a strange feeling it was going to close soon.

Boy, glad I took those.
It just boggles me that this whole project is already taking upwards of 3 years to complete, and with COVID impeding progress I feel like it'll be pushing 5 years between Ellen closing and Guardians opening which is absurdly slow IMO

Stupido

It just boggles me that this whole project is already taking upwards of 3 years to complete, and with COVID impeding progress I feel like it'll be pushing 5 years between Ellen closing and Guardians opening which is absurdly slow IMO
To be fair, this also has to do with the delay in filming Guardians Vol III to do the scenes for this. This franchise has kinda gone through it over the past couple years. Vol III is now confirmed to start filming at "some point 2021," so I wouldn't even expect this to open until near holidays 2021 or even 2022.

lazyboy97o

To be fair, this also has to do with the delay in filming Guardians Vol III to do the scenes for this. This franchise has kinda gone through it over the past couple years. Vol III is now confirmed to start filming at "some point 2021," so I wouldn't even expect this to open until near holidays 2021 or even 2022.
That’s just a story. A parks project is not going to be beholden to a completely separate studio project.

yensidtlaw1969

Magic Kingdom saw what Hong Kong did to their castle. Magic Kingdom responds “Hold my beer”.
Architectually, Hong Kong's Castle is a total hodge-podge. But its Character Paint is actually rather nice.

Cinderella Castle is, of course, practically the inverse - unimpeachable architecturally, featuring a newly horrible paint scheme. Whoever painted Hong Kong could have done a better job. And CERTAINLY whoever painted Tokyo!

Stupido

That’s just a story. A parks project is not going to be beholden to a completely separate studio project.
I hope you're right, but logically it makes sense. The ride is set to feature the Guardians, so it's safe to say that includes all of the members of the original team. Half of them are still in Australia shooting Thor: Love & Thunder. I'd say Disney could bite the bullet, and have Taika film the scenes for this ride, but Zoe Saldna isn't in Thor 4 and I'd highly doubt they'd pass on Gamora being in this ride. Also, it's been reported the they want James Gunn to film it. He's busy working on Suicide Squad and that Peacemaker show now. Scheduling-wise, it kinda seems like all of the guardians won't be available to be together to film this until Vol III happens. They've also confirmed they're filming the Guardians Holiday Special during Vol III, so I wouldn't doubt them grouping this onto that shoot as well.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It will be due for a refurb by the time it opens.

They've also confirmed they're filming the Guardians Holiday Special during Vol III, so I wouldn't doubt them grouping this onto that shoot as well.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

co10064

Premium Member
I'll be looking forward to the day when they finish work on the exterior of this thing so hopefully construction walls can be pushed back even if it isn't open.

One thing of note: on my last visit, I forgot how massive this show-building is. Pictures always seem to shrink it down. Hard to believe all that can fit in there is a queue. Wonder if it'll be one of those "fit two-hours worth of line" queues like FOP or RotR.

Surferboy567

I'll be looking forward to the day when they finish work on the exterior of this thing so hopefully construction walls can be pushed back even if it isn't open.

One thing of note: on my last visit, I forgot how massive this show-building is. Pictures always seem to shrink it down. Hard to believe all that can fit in there is a queue. Wonder if it'll be one of those "fit two-hours worth of line" queues like FOP or RotR.
I’m really hoping for some great preshows much like ROTR. Judging by the concept art, we may be getting that.

Movielover

To be fair it also includes the pre-show area, load stations, unload station, pre-launch segment, launch scene and holding blocks after return but yeah it is a large space for what they are using it for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom