News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Clamman73

I wonder how tall that spaceship will actually be. I guess with the impressive size of Energy sloping up behind it that will help with creating an illusion of size that concept art can’t exactly translate very well, but I do hope it’s not some giant monstrosity. Although, if it is, that would match in theme with the invisible blue box we don’t see.
lol...I mean it's really for the hotel but....
Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 8.06.05 AM.png

Last edited:

sedati

Hadn't seen this before, thanks for posting it.
So the plan at one point was to park a full scale Milano on top of a more sculpted building. In that case, they didn't scale down the ship so much as they changed to a different ship still seemingly at full scale:
1606008400330.png

This is a Starblaster:

I'm a fan of going with this ship as its shape really works as an eye catching icon. The pavilion looks closer to something from Xandar, but I'm also fine with they look we're getting. I am curious about those objects to the left in your pic- simple decorations or something more?

totchos

Hadn't seen this before, thanks for posting it.
So the plan at one point was to park a full scale Milano on top of a more sculpted building. In that case, they didn't scale down the ship so much as they changed to a different ship still seemingly at full scale:
View attachment 514786
This is a Starblaster:

I'm a fan of going with this ship as its shape really works as an eye catching icon. The pavilion looks closer to something from Xandar, but I'm also fine with they look we're getting. I am curious about those objects to the left in your pic- simple decorations or something more?
I like the ship from the latest concept art better (more eye catching as you said) but the roof from the older concept art more.

sedati

From the pre-show art we see that the Guardians arrive in the MIlano during our tour which wouldn't make much sense if they were parked on the roof when we arrived. No doubt the story went through many iterations which we can hopefully coax slowly out of Martin.

doctornick

From the pre-show art we see that the Guardians arrive in the MIlano during our tour which wouldn't make much sense if they were parked on the roof when we arrived. No doubt the story went through many iterations which we can hopefully coax slowly out of Martin.
Minor quibble, but assuming this ride takes place after GotG Vol 2, then the ship would be the Benatar not the Milano.

UNCgolf

Did anyone at Disney even consider the fact that they now have two space themed rides almost right next to each other? Guardians basically makes Mission: Space obsolete. Why get on a simulation of a current/near future space mission when you can just go get on a spaceship and fly around in space next door?

EJ96

Did anyone at Disney even consider the fact that they now have two space themed rides almost right next to each other? Guardians basically makes Mission: Space obsolete. Why get on a simulation of a current/near future space mission when you can just go get on a spaceship and fly around in space next door?
I agree. Demolish M:S and put up a pavilion about future living and what’s on the.....horizon.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You mean like some sort of space-y 'tomorrow land'?

Incomudro

They aren't remotely like each other.
The ride systems, the experience, the premise... All completely different.
Guardian's wouldn't make Mission Space obsolete, if anything - MS is a more realistic experience, the lift off, the zero g moment.
MS is ahead of Guardians in that respect.
Guardians isn't really about space.
It's about fun in the way the Guardians movies are.
Music, laughs etc.
These two rides don't compete with each other at all.

Unbanshee

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom