News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Markiewong

Most guests entering the ride will have no idea that they are going to be launched into the sky blue building in the background.
OMG! The ride's so much bigger on the inside!!
And imagine that 99% of the people don't realize Crush Coaster is an actual coaster... since they assume it stays tame like the small part outside and ignore the huge blue box behind it. Crush Coaster is fun if you ride it with unknowing people ;)

1605873325284.png

1605873601925.png

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And imagine that 99% of the people don't realize Crush Coaster is an actual coaster... since they assume it stays tame like the small part outside and ignore the huge blue box behind it. Crush Coaster is fun if you ride it with unknowing people ;)

View attachment 514420
View attachment 514421
These are the same people that walked by 9455 different spinning warnings on M:S only to exclaim "I did not know it was a spinning ride!":)

Incomudro

View attachment 514420
View attachment 514421
And the signage says "Crushes Coaster."
Guardians isn't going to be called Guardians Coaster, and no coaster element is visible from the outside - so those who don't know what it is ahead of time will really not know.

FigmentFan82

And the signage says "Crushes Coaster."
Guardians isn't going to be called Guardians Coaster, and no coaster element is visible from the outside - so those who don't know what it is ahead of time will really not know.
Well Disney always puts signage up explaining the experience you're about to get. Now if people actually read those signs is another question altogether

AndyMagic

Is anyone else baffled that Disney is releasing this much behind the scenes glimpses including an actual video of the ride system in action this early? This most likely won't open until 2022 correct? I make fun of Universal for keeping their cards a bit too close to their vest but this just seems like overkill. We now know what the ride vehicles look like, how they'll move and behave on the track, and what a portion of the interior layout looks like. Aside from set decoration there aren't many secrets left.

Also, put me in the column of people excited for this ride regardless BUT what exactly is "groundbreaking" about these ride vehicles? I know it's partially PR-speak but controlled spinning isn't new to coasters and while Escape From Gringotts is more dark-ride than coaster, that ride system has a combination of controlled spinning, a tilt-track, AND the patented motion base track below that's used in two show-scenes.

motion2.png

No doubt this ride will be a blast but "groundbreaking" it won't be and Disney Parks using that word is truly dishonest.

trainplane3

Is anyone else baffled that Disney is releasing this much behind the scenes glimpses including an actual video of the ride system in action this early? This ride most likely won't open until 2022 correct? I make fun of Universal for keeping their cards a bit too close to their vest but this just seems like overkill. We now know what the ride vehicles look like, how they'll move and behave on the track, and what a portion of the interior layout looks like. Aside from set decoration there aren't many secrets left.

Also, put me in the column of people excited for this ride regardless BUT what exactly is "groundbreaking" about these ride vehicles? I know if's partially PR-speak but controlled spinning isn't new to coasters and while Escape From Gringotts is more dark-ride than coaster, that ride system has a combination of controlled spinning, a tilt-track, AND the patented motion base track below that's used in two show-scenes.

No doubt this ride will be a blast but "groundbreaking" it won't be and Disney Parks using that word is truly dishonest.

View attachment 514488
There's been pictures and video of the ride system testing all the way back into 2018 but I'm sure they're just ramping up the PR now to keep hype out there. For as big of a project this is, it's easy to forget about. UoE closed in 2017 and without video and regular updates, most visitors would probably forget about it. It's going to take nearly 5 years for a coaster. Half a decade. It's nuts.

Groundbreaking? They aren't Intamin so they'll actually work reliably without needing a year of bug fixes and tweaks. F.L.Y. uses a version of this ride system and has been reliably operating for two months so far.

The real groundbreaking part is probably the whole story coaster/omnicoaster spiel they keep saying.

MrPromey

It is indeed electronic and computer controlled unlike the mechanical system of X2 or Haunted Mansion. Just hope it has a fail safe mode more like Forbidden Journey and less like Mermaid.

What's the fail safe on Mermaid? Just point forward or flail aimlessly in whatever direction gravity pulls like a slow moving tilt-a-whirl?

Horizons1

You are correct there, that last one about your head wasn't a joke...

You're right, just going to bury the hatchet now.
You’re still going on about this? Ok...

No worries, friend. I’ll store that toilet paper in my head, but my concern is that I won’t have enough space in between my ears to store enough for all the crap you spew. 😘

Anyways, small children who just make noise aside, I’m surprised at just how much Disney is showing off the attraction at this point. If things really are getting pushed back dude to COVID, and maybe some red tape, I would think they would refrain from showing too much just yet.

Horizons1

One new piece of art for the exterior:
View attachment 514618

I wonder how tall that spaceship will actually be. I guess with the impressive size of Energy sloping up behind it that will help with creating an illusion of size that concept art can’t exactly translate very well, but I do hope it’s not some giant monstrosity. Although, if it is, that would match in theme with the invisible blue box we don’t see.

Movielover

I meant like a seperate launch and lift hill. So im assuming the ride starts with the backwards launch and then goes up that lift hill again later on in the ride. Kind of like Space Mt. in Disneyland Paris.

It's not exactly the same but Slinkly has the boosted ascent at the beginning and then the more traditional launch mid course.

Guardians is sharing many similarities with The Mummy over at Universal. Really looking forward to how it feels based on that brief test footage, even at lower speeds the direction of the cars combined with the track banking should add a unique thrill for this coaster.
Doesn’t look exceedingly like solar panels to me... anyone else skeptical?

Yeah I was holding out hope that they would put new solar panels up there but they may have changed their minds. Probably getting more efficient use out of their solar farms elsewhere on property that they decided these were not necessary. Time will tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom