News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

UNCgolf

The standalone films continue doing generally bigger and bigger box office by comparison. The Avengers films absolutely should be outperforming the others.

Eh, maybe? Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Spider-Man are all outliers IMO -- cultural reasons for the first two, and Spider-Man has been a massive property on his own for decades. Other recent standalone films like Ant-Man and the Wasp and Doctor Strange have performed adequately, but not exceptionally -- they've been significantly outperformed by movies like Aquaman. Even Thor: Ragnarok, which is one of the best films in the entire MCU, didn't make as much money as the apparently terrible Venom movie (although, to be fair, that property is associated with the Spider-Man juggernaut).

It's hard to draw any major conclusions, though. Iron Man and Iron Man 2 are two of the lowest grossing films in the MCU, and then Iron Man 3, which was better than 2 but not as good as 1, brought in an absolutely massive haul that dwarfs most of the other standalone films; it made more money than every MCU film except Black Panther and the four Avengers films.

I still expect movies like Shang-Chi and (especially) the Eternals to bring in results closer to something like Doctor Strange than something like Black Panther or Spider-Man, although Shang-Chi could get a similar cultural boost.

Also, of course Endgame made a tremendous amount of money. It was the culmination of a massive 24 film arc. There's absolutely no chance any new MCU film in the next few years comes close to the Endgame box office total.

This is a strange conversation for me to have, because I don't think the MCU is going to suddenly fall off the face of the earth or anything. I think it will continue to be a successful money maker for Disney. But some people are looking at the Avengers films and considering those a barometer for all future success and that's just not the case. At least until they bring in the X-Men, which could probably rival the Avengers if done well.

Last edited:

J4546

I think theres gonna be a lot more marvel movies in the future now that Disney Owns the Fantastic Four and Xmen/Deadpool franchises

DCBaker

Premium Member
Vehicles on the track inside -

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 6.34.38 PM.png

Last edited:

rick_

There’s no need for a track switch, the vehicles rotate.
The cars rotate, the bases don't. According to Marni's drawing there's at least one dead end track switch in the UOE building. Looking at the bases it seems like there's a specific "front" orientation that they should be in at dispatch. While it'd be cool to load in the front car and unload in the back, I don't see it happening.

trainplane3

The cars rotate, the bases don't. According to Marni's drawing there's at least one dead end track switch in the UOE building. Looking at the bases it seems like there's a specific "front" orientation that they should be in at dispatch. While it'd be cool to load in the front car and unload in the back, I don't see it happening.
That drawing left out entrance and exit to the building on purpose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom