News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

techgeek

If you look at how F.L.Y. at Phantasialand loads with the seats rotating into the flying position that is the basis for the rotating technology being used.

... and while you’re at it, keep looking at it for the insanely immersive theming. I don’t want to reignite the whole ‘should a themed roller coaster have visible track?’ debate, but this is definitely a coaster you can spend some time looking at.

trainplane3

... and while you’re at it, keep looking at it for the insanely immersive theming. I don’t want to reignite the whole ‘should a themed roller coaster have visible track?’ debate, but this is definitely a coaster you can spend some time looking at.

The other thing to remember, the building in the (roughly) middle area is actually a hotel too.
While some may think the area is sensory overload, I think they nailed the feeling they were going for.

cjkeating

I feel like the Vekoma launched flying coaster would be good for an Avengers Campus 'training to be a super hero' coaster.

doctornick

I could see them scrapping the Avengers E ticket in favor of an off the shelf coaster.
Has work begun on it at all? I’ve got to admit that I’m a little surprised that it was reported that it was still proceeding in light of the COVID situation and revenue. And MMRR at DL too for that matter

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Has work begun on it at all? I’ve got to admit that I’m a little surprised that it was reported that it was still proceeding in light of the COVID situation and revenue. And MMRR at DL too for that matter
Admittedly, I haven't been following it closely. Doesn't really interest me. But I wouldn't put it past Disney to alter plans at the last minute and sub-in a coaster instead. Cost wise it'd be a pretty smart play. Assuming they move forward at all.

re: MMRR. I sometimes get the impression that DL isn't as thrilled with MMRR as they'd have us to believe. But, I could be pushing my own biases on that theory. I'd be shocked if MMRR (DL) is completed before 2024. What are your thoughts?

Disneylover152

Admittedly, I haven't been following it closely. Doesn't really interest me. But I wouldn't put it past Disney to alter plans at the last minute and sub-in a coaster instead. Cost wise it'd be a pretty smart play. Assuming they move forward at all.

re: MMRR. I sometimes get the impression that DL isn't as thrilled with MMRR as they'd have us to believe. But, I could be pushing my own biases on that theory. I'd be shocked if MMRR (DL) is completed before 2024. What are your thoughts?

I think Runaway Railway will open in 2023 still. A perfect new addition for TWDCs 100th anniversary. I personally think that 2022 is when things will start to return to normal, and Disney will use the 100th anniversary in 2023 to get guests back in with new entertainment, fireworks, etc.

cjkeating

I could see them scrapping the Avengers E ticket in favor of an off the shelf coaster.

Most likely what a post Covid Disney will decide. Gives DCA a 2nd coaster Too. Or worse yet- DCA gets a Capt America Reskin of Tron instead.

I don't pay too much attention to DCA Avengers Campus as I'm not that interested except for that fact that I'm a DLP local so there are many similarities in the areas.

From what I understand originally the DCA E-ticket was a coaster... but it didn't work... may be it was a re-themed Tron coaster (Captain America) or a different coaster but that was rethought as a different version of FOP, I think Marni recently said a 'stand up' FOP. I think that is where it stands as of now except for the fact some posters have said the Imagineers for the attraction have been made redundant.

I am sure a Marvel Campus E-Ticket will happen... the plot of land exists in both DCA and WDSP but what it will end up being... who knows?

doctornick

I don't pay too much attention to DCA Avengers Campus as I'm not that interested except for that fact that I'm a DLP local so there are many similarities in the areas.

From what I understand originally the DCA E-ticket was a coaster... but it didn't work... may be it was a re-themed Tron coaster (Captain America) or a different coaster but that was rethought as a different version of FOP, I think Marni recently said a 'stand up' FOP. I think that is where it stands as of now except for the fact some posters have said the Imagineers for the attraction have been made redundant.

I am sure a Marvel Campus E-Ticket will happen... the plot of land exists in both DCA and WDSP but what it will end up being... who knows?
Isn't Paris getting a fairly different Marvel area than DCA? I think one ride was going to be their Rockin' Roller Coaster being switched to an Iron Man ride (which is not happening in Cali).

I thought it was going to be Hong Kong that was going to get the same "E-ticket" Avengers ride as DCA.

Last edited:

Disneylover152

Isn't Paris getting a fairly different Marvel area than DCA? I think one ride was going to be their Rockin' Roller Coaster being switched to an Iron Man ride (which is not happening in Cali).

I thought it was going to be Hong Kong that was going to get the same "E-ticket" Avengers ride as DCA.

Hong Kong and DCA were both confirmed to be getting the E-ticket. I don't think the E-ticket was officially announced for Paris, but it was heavily rumored to be going on the Lights Motors Action site.

Magic Feather

Paris’s is DCA’s Marvel land, with an extra restaurant and a rethemed RnRC to anchor the land. For the most part they are pretty similar.
Hong Kong and DCA were both confirmed to be getting the E-ticket. I don't think the E-ticket was officially announced for Paris, but it was heavily rumored to be going on the Lights Motors Action site.
I don’t know how many times I’ll have to/ have had to say this, but last I checked, HK’s E-Ticket is different from DCA’s. If Paris ever ends up getting an E-Ticket, it will likely be DCA’s on the LMA plot.

IMDREW

Paris’s is DCA’s Marvel land, with an extra restaurant and a rethemed RnRC to anchor the land. For the most part they are pretty similar.

I don’t know how many times I’ll have to/ have had to say this, but last I checked, HK’s E-Ticket is different from DCA’s. If Paris ever ends up getting an E-Ticket, it will likely be DCA’s on the LMA plot.
Is HKs that canceled coaster? Or something else entirely?

HKDLer

Originally HK was to receive a GOTG coaster for the Autopia plot when they decided to go with Marvel instead of Star Wars for the simulators. The plan was scrapped due to budget reasons and I believe they were looking into other options like a GOTG redress for Space Mountain, which would supposedly end its Star Wars overlay by 2021.

I don't know what kind of ride the Avengers E-ticket announced in the multi-year plan will be but a lot of inside sources in HK have pointed out that HKDL will be getting Mission Breakout instead of the E-ticket coming to DCA and WDSP. And apparently even that project is shelved for the moment.

Magic Feather

Originally HK was to receive a GOTG coaster for the Autopia plot when they decided to go with Marvel instead of Star Wars for the simulators. The plan was scrapped due to budget reasons and I believe they were looking into other options like a GOTG redress for Space Mountain, which would supposedly end its Star Wars overlay by 2021.

I don't know what kind of ride the Avengers E-ticket announced in the multi-year plan will be but a lot of inside sources in HK have pointed out that HKDL will be getting Mission Breakout instead of the E-ticket coming to DCA and WDSP. And apparently even that project is shelved for the moment.
While I’ve heard of the ToT/Mission Breakout ride system being looked at for the E-Ticket, I’m under the impression that it wouldn’t actually be Mission Breakout

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom