News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

rle4lunch

Hmmm...I forgot, when this started where you one planning on going this year as scheduled or NOT planning on going? 🤔

Just a poll question

We have been booked since June at Poly for a December trip. The stupidity that I'm talking about is my work (military) isn't allowing leave at any gathering more than 10 people. So I had to cancel the trip or face disciplinary action. Trust me, we still wanted to go in December. I told my wife to take the kids and her mom with her and go without me, but she refused. Said it wouldn't be fair and she didn't want to deal with our kids on her own. lol

edit: i still feel the salty snark in your comment. 👍

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We have been booked since June at Poly for a December trip. The stupidity that I'm talking about is my work (military) isn't allowing leave at any gathering more than 10 people. So I had to cancel the trip or face disciplinary action. Trust me, we still wanted to go in December. I told my wife to take the kids and her mom with her and go without me, but she refused. Said it wouldn't be fair and she didn't want to deal with our kids on her own. lol

edit: i still feel the salty snark in your comment. 👍
There actually wasn’t any salt in my question (for once)...I was just trying to gauge if opinions have changed over the months...mine have some

As far as your policy goes...do you think maybe those would be more loose or unnecessary now if people had complied up front?
...but what happened instead? (That’s not snark...it’s the cold hard reality of it)

rle4lunch

There actually wasn’t any salt in my question (for once)...I was just trying to gauge if opinions have changed over the months...mine have some
lol that's refreshing... all i know is that we (my family) all had the virus in Feb. it sucked. it went away. we didn't turn into the walking dead. we'd like our freedom back. the military is especially tight on restrictions, along with being stationed in california, we've been in lockdown since March. I'm currently on assignment overseas, and sitting in two weeks worth of quarantine. Matter of fact, they just stopped by my room to give me my covid brain swab. that's the 3rd test I've had in a month due to military and country instruction.. i haven't been outside since the 8th of Oct, but i'm used to stuff like this..

the biggest problem i have at the moment is that us (the military) have the smallest 'at risk' factor of all, but have the largest restrictions against us. I'm all about readiness of the troops, really (I'm currently serving as the readiness officer for the command i'm in), but the number of military deaths from the virus can be counted on less than two hands (total), but the number of suicides in the last 7 months is off the charts. I'm not going to rant about the virus anymore because this site deletes all my relevant posts that they don't like, so I'll leave it at that.

TrainsOfDisney

I would think you shouldn’t be working in the military if you can’t handle a few months of restrictions. Of all the things you could be asked to do, doing nothing would be the least of my concerns.

rle4lunch

As far as your policy goes...do you think maybe those would be more loose or unnecessary now if people had complied up front?
...but what happened instead? (That’s not snark...it’s the cold hard reality of it)

actually, i have 4 commands under me that we dictate policy to. of those commands, we've had multiple outbreaks of the virus, with a 0% negative mission readiness rate. These people are all wearing masks (supposedly), and still getting it. It's the nature of close quarter working that seems to be passing it around.

as far as i know, we have been complying since the get-go. the only way that we're being hit in readiness is through the mental side, not the physical. i receive every case via internal message traffic. out of around 900 people under my purview, we've had around 50 verified cases that showed symptoms. not one has been hospitalized.

google the military covid frago that went into effect around May. It hasn't stopped virus creep. the virus is killing military members by proxy.

really, i'm done commenting on this. please don't reply with another question.

EPCOTCenterLover

lol that's refreshing... all i know is that we (my family) all had the virus in Feb. it sucked. it went away. we didn't turn into the walking dead. we'd like our freedom back. the military is especially tight on restrictions, along with being stationed in california, we've been in lockdown since March. I'm currently on assignment overseas, and sitting in two weeks worth of quarantine. Matter of fact, they just stopped by my room to give me my covid brain swab. that's the 3rd test I've had in a month due to military and country instruction.. i haven't been outside since the 8th of Oct, but i'm used to stuff like this..

the biggest problem i have at the moment is that us (the military) have the smallest 'at risk' factor of all, but have the largest restrictions against us. I'm all about readiness of the troops, really (I'm currently serving as the readiness officer for the command i'm in), but the number of military deaths from the virus can be counted on less than two hands (total), but the number of suicides in the last 7 months is off the charts. I'm not going to rant about the virus anymore because this site deletes all my relevant posts that they don't like, so I'll leave it at that.
Thank you for your service!

rle4lunch

I would think you shouldn’t be working in the military if you can’t handle a few months of restrictions. Of all the things you could be asked to do, doing nothing would be the least of my concerns.

lol. I'm not talking about me. I've been doing this for 23 years. and please don't dictate to me what you 'think' military members should be able to handle. there's enough keyboard commandos that think they're the smartest one in the room. many of the newer kids are not prepared properly for actual discipline, and it's very sad.

we are in the business of being ready. that's our job. to have us telework and sit on our hands for months on end isn't being ready. it's exactly the opposite. and besides, it has not stopped military members from catching it.

cookiee_munster

The release of Guardians 3 would be great synergy with the opening of a Guardians attraction, don’t ya think?

It would be a great way to tie in a promotion for the ride.

Unfortunately James Gunn is still working on DC's re-boot/sequel/not-really-wanted Suicide Squad film I have a horrible feeling the Guardians 3 will turn into some kind of re-scheduling production nightmare like the Avatar sequels.

Another part of me does wonder whether the ride will have some kind of synergy with Guardians 3 (which is highly doubtful) thus making it one of those "trapped in a certain timeline rides" much like Forbidden Jouney existing in a world before the last 3 films and not really linking very well with Diagon Alley in the other park (with Gringotts taking place during film 8) And so making the guardians ride slightly dated once the sequel film is released.

_caleb

It would be a great way to tie in a promotion for the ride.

Unfortunately James Gunn is still working on DC's re-boot/sequel/not-really-wanted Suicide Squad film I have a horrible feeling the Guardians 3 will turn into some kind of re-scheduling production nightmare like the Avatar sequels.

Another part of me does wonder whether the ride will have some kind of synergy with Guardians 3 (which is highly doubtful) thus making it one of those "trapped in a certain timeline rides" much like Forbidden Jouney existing in a world before the last 3 films and not really linking very well with Diagon Alley in the other park (with Gringotts taking place during film 8) And so making the guardians ride slightly dated once the sequel film is released.
I heard they designed the ride to be easily reskinned to the original trilogy. Just put original Stormtrooper helmets on each of the Guardians' AAs- problem solved!

OG Runner

It would generate exactly ZERO additional business

You are right, as you stated before. I don't think anyone can tell when you are serious or just talking out your... (you know what)
Some of your statement would make you think you know what you are talking about and then you just say something stupid.
It is confusing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You are right, as you stated before. I don't think anyone can tell when you are serious or just talking out your... (you know what)
Some of your statement would make you think you know what you are talking about and then you just say something stupid.
It is confusing.
When it comes to Disney...I do know what I’m talking about. That experience is earned.

But it’s a webboard...if you can’t joke a little, what’s the point?

As far as guardians goes...the reason it won’t generate new business is because the cost to travel to wdw has risen to the point that there is no “on the fence” market that has the cash to jump at a new ride opening. They either are going or they’re not. That “oh what the heck?!?” Crowd really no longer exists.

Last edited:

LastoneOn

When it comes to Disney...I do know what I’m talking about. That experience is earned.

But it’s a webboard...if you can’t joke a little, what’s the point.

As far as guardians goes...the reason it won’t generate new business is because the cost to travel to wdw has risen to the point that there is no “on the fence” market that has the cash to jump at a new ride opening. They either are going or they’re not. That “oh what the heck?!?” Crowd really no longer exists.

You mean cost of travel right now, covid era, or in general? Not quibbling, but we're going in January about 1/3 of the usual price. The going or not, whim thing is certainly over. All the ADR, fast pass rez, been chipping away at that I think for quite a while.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You mean cost of travel right now, covid era, or in general? Not quibbling, but we're going in January about 1/3 of the usual price. The going or not, whim thing is certainly over. All the ADR, fast pass rez, been chipping away at that I think for quite a while.
Promos are a variable that changes things...but you can’t make blanket assessments based on them because of inconsistency...

I’m curious about the “1/3” thing? I hadn’t heard of promos that steep so far. Maybe coming though

LastoneOn

Promos are a variable that changes things...but you can’t make blanket assessments based on them because of inconsistency...

I’m curious about the “1/3” thing? I hadn’t heard of promos that steep so far. Maybe coming though
No disney promo, airline, just filing the seats I think.
But yeah, whatever might be cheap now will not be that way much longer.

I don't want to drift this off, but in perspective of Guardians - you watch all these numbers, what's the general consensus around SW land and it generating first time visits?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom