News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

IMDREW

Sorry if this has been answered before, but can anyone tell me if the building will still be silver metal like in the concept art? I mean the blue and orange sides and ribs were grey with lighting in them in the concept art.

Mickeynerd17

When this thing finally opens, I'll be searching high and low for the old UoE logo or any references in the queue/ride. They sure as hell better put the logo in the attraction somewhere.....

Surferboy567

I hope they don't tone down on the thrill on this one even though it has no inversions. Tron has minimal thrill. I hope this packs a punch. We have the raptor coaster at Universal which looks wild.

I’m kinda hoping it is thrilling but not too thrilling. I tend to avoid rides that are super intense (especially roller coasters). Would be a shame to miss this one. I am getting better though at trying rides.

Surferboy567

I know Rat is estimated to be completed in October. Do we have an estimation when this will be done in 2021? I know with COVID nothing is set but, it is still fun to get a general idea.

jaxonp

I hope they don't tone down on the thrill on this one even though it has no inversions. Tron has minimal thrill. I hope this packs a punch. We have the raptor coaster at Universal which looks wild.
and Hagrids which packs more punch than any coaster at WDW and its considered a family attraction. Rise is great but I wanted more thrill. Please have some thrill... please!!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It'll be family friendly.

Don't look for Disney to put in any "thrill ride" for the foreseeable future.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It has a reverse launch that seems pretty “thrilling“ to me. It’s not like it’s not a steep launch either.

A launch into a steep incline slows you down by the time you get to the top.

In order for the cars to turn to have you look at things, you can't be going too fast.

"Thrill" is a subjective term. But I can't see this being anything more than a touch more thrilling than Slinky Dog or BTMR.

UNCgolf

A launch into a steep incline slows you down by the time you get to the top.

In order for the cars to turn to have you look at things, you can't be going too fast.

"Thrill" is a subjective term. But I can't see this being anything more than a touch more thrilling than Slinky Dog or BTMR.

Which is honestly all Disney should be building anyways.

They will never be able to build enough huge thrill rides to satisfy the people who want them. If they built one, the people that really want them would just ask for more. A couple wouldn't be enough and they're never going to catch up to somewhere like Cedar Fair (or even most of the regional Six Flags) in quantity. Beyond that, it wouldn't really make any sense for them to build a lot of rides that kids can't ride.

I just don't see how it could make financial sense for Disney to build one or two rides of that type when it wouldn't be enough to attract people who aren't currently going to Disney and wouldn't be a huge boost to capacity (any ride would help some, of course) since it would only be rideable for a certain percentage of guests. There's no significant benefit to Disney in either sales or operations.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom