News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MJL92

My main gripe with both Guardians and the new Jurassic Coaster is that they both destroy the sense of scale of their surroundings. Epcot less so, but both park rely on forced perspective from a distance to make their icons and structures stand out, but now, when you have a giant blue box looming behind buildings, or giant black track sitting alongside some of IOA’s quainter structures, it really throws things off. While I’m sure the eventual foliage will at least help Jurassic a little bit, as it stands, both look out of place.

I was a little shocked when I saw just how big that box (Guardians) was from outside the park.

Does anyone know what that area is supposed to look like once EVERYTHING is complete? I haven't seen any renderings like there are with Tron. Maybe there are still plans to obscure it a little bit?

Jones14

My main gripe with both Guardians and the new Jurassic Coaster is that they both destroy the sense of scale of their surroundings. Epcot less so, but both park rely on forced perspective from a distance to make their icons and structures stand out, but now, when you have a giant blue box looming behind buildings, or giant black track sitting alongside some of IOA’s quainter structures, it really throws things off. While I’m sure the eventual foliage will at least help Jurassic a little bit, as it stands, both look out of place.
I think because Jurassic is a theme park within a theme park that my brain doesn’t register that. It just looks like what it is; a rollercoaster along the waterline that passes by the Discovery Center. Honestly, the color scheme is the most disruptive aspect if they’re not converting the whole island to World.

I also think that the coaster actually draws more attention to the Discovery Center and re-centers it in a post-Hogwarts world, but that might just be me.

UNCgolf

I think because Jurassic is a theme park within a theme park that my brain doesn’t register that. It just looks like what it is; a rollercoaster along the waterline that passes by the Discovery Center. Honestly, the color scheme is the most disruptive aspect if they’re not converting the whole island to World.

I also think that the coaster actually draws more attention to the Discovery Center and re-centers it in a post-Hogwarts world, but that might just be me.

I wish they would spend the money to do a significant refurb of the Discovery Center next. The technology inside is tremendously outdated, but it's such a cool location. The only area in all of Universal that's better than JP is Diagon Alley. Hogsmeade is comparable and may be slightly better now that Hagrid's is open, but I think the Jurassic Park flume ride is much better than Forbidden Journey.

I also wish they'd add a dark ride to the JP area, but that's not going to happen.

RSoxNo1

The scale around IoA has always been an issue thanks to Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge and Hulk. Just one man's opinion, but I've never liked the exposed steal coasters in parks like that, it cheapens the overall aesthetic.

UNCgolf

The scale around IoA has always been an issue thanks to Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge and Hulk. Just one man's opinion, but I've never liked the exposed steal coasters in parks like that, it cheapens the overall aesthetic.

It's such a distraction from the themed environments too. Like look you're in Diagon Alley... except there's also this roller coaster track right there with screaming people so no you're not -- obviously that's not the case in Diagon Alley at Universal, but that's my point. They intentionally don't have anything like that to take you out of the environment.

RSoxNo1

It's such a distraction from the themed environments too. Like look you're in Diagon Alley... except there's also this roller coaster track right there with screaming people so no you're not -- obviously that's not the case in Diagon Alley at Universal, but that's my point. They intentionally don't have anything like that to take you out of the environment.
The change from Dragon Challenge to Hagrid's was positive for many reasons, but sightlines is a major one. Even though there's a significant amount of exposed steal in Hagrid's it's far less offensive than Dragon Challenge.

Purduevian

Disney only builds 3 types of coasters:

Outdoors and bare track: Barnstormer, Slinky Dog Dash, and Primeval Whirl (Also half of Tron)

Indoor: Space Mountain, Rock n Rollercoaster, and GotG:CR (also Half of Tron)

Train ride around a Mountain/Hill: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Big Thunder Mountain, and Everest

Since we are talking about indoor rides, only Space Mountain is really properly themed.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Disney only builds 3 types of coasters:

Outdoors and bare track: Barnstormer, Slinky Dog Dash, and Primeval Whirl (Also half of Tron)

Indoor: Space Mountain, Rock n Rollercoaster, and GotG:CR (also Half of Tron)

Train ride around a Mountain/Hill: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Big Thunder Mountain, and Everest

Since we are talking about indoor rides, only Space Mountain is really properly themed.
What other types are there?

Coasters are like snakes to me, the only good snake is a dead one. The only good coaster is one that isn't built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom