News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

RobWDW1971

Ah, but will that remain the case...
Honestly, I think all four parks will just become Magic Kingdom North, South, East, and West over time just with different names. The concept of theme and identity is a nostalgic concept kept alive in the minds of us fans on these boards.

The masses have shown they really don't care - Put up a giant sky bar in Epcot? Sure, why not. Moana water feature? Kids will love it. Asphalt parking lot carnival in Animal Kingdom? I like the spinny ride.

It is to weep.

Getachew

Honestly, I think all four parks will just become Magic Kingdom North, South, East, and West over time just with different names. The concept of theme and identity is a nostalgic concept kept alive in the minds of us fans on these boards.

The masses have shown they really don't care - Put up a giant sky bar in Epcot? Sure, why not. Moana water feature? Kids will love it. Asphalt parking lot carnival in Animal Kingdom? I like the spinny ride.

It is to weep.

That would be horrible, but I guess they want all of their parks to receive 20+ million visitors a year

trainplane3

doesn't DHS have enough already?
With all the "additions", we're at the same amount of attractions we were at ~5 years ago*. Quite literally increased nothing but some shiny new things. It needs more. Epcot needs more (at least Rat is increasing the ride count by 1). AK could use something else but it's in a decent-ish place.

I look forward to the day when they expand the attractions they have instead of tearing down building in the same place.

*Someone please correct if wrong.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
DHS has kind of been a dumping ground for everything new though, no? Does it even have a "theme" anymore?

Disney Hollywood Studios has the 'theme' of being in the movies created by one of Disney's movie studios by way of walking around the different eras of Hollywood/L.A., thus: Disney Hollywood Studios.

Didn't say it was a great theme.

Sir_Cliff

"The Hollywood that never was, but always will be" summed that same idea up very well.
I actually don't think the park has such a bad theme despite the working studio conceit being dropped. The transition from old Hollywood to soundstages and lands based on movies works ok for a park meant to celebrate Hollywood and film making.

The only real issue is that they stick attractions and entire lands based on single movies in all the parks now. That, I think, is more an issue of the watering down of the theming of the other parks than DHS having a bad theme, though.

celluloid

I actually don't think the park has such a bad theme despite the working studio conceit being dropped. The transition from old Hollywood to soundstages and lands based on movies works ok for a park meant to celebrate Hollywood and film making.

The only real issue is that they stick attractions and entire lands based on single movies in all the parks now. That, I think, is more an issue of the watering down of the theming of the other parks than DHS having a bad theme, though.

Exactly. It goes with the fact that all of Disney's parks are slowly losing their identity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom