News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

tparris

They are aligned.

What's not perfectly aligned is the angle the photo was taken.

So you're seeing the bump between buildings with different heights.
The highest point of UOE, and the diagonal "ramp" of the gravity building
That’s not what I was talking about. I meant the part of the tunnel that connects to Energy sticks out to the side a bit.
88B4C7A8-6F96-478C-AE78-416DA3B1858D.jpeg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They are aligned.

What's not perfectly aligned is the angle the photo was taken.

So you're seeing the bump between buildings with different heights.
The highest point of UOE, and the diagonal "ramp" of the gravity building

No I think that’s right. There are different heights involved and it’s a weird photo angle. I think they line up.

They do not line up...

1582989826490.png

rle4lunch

I will say this. If they continue to think that the BBB will suffice to stay invisible with that paint, they'll need to repaint yearly.

DrewmanS

The more pictures I see from various angles, I am starting to come to the conclusion that NOT theming the BBB was the right decision (and may have been more of a conscious decision and not simply cost cutting).

Once the decision was made to build this ride in this location, there is no theming that could have been incorporated into the building that would not have distracted from SSE. If you put Tower of Terror next to SSE, it would draw the eye away and compete for attention. A space age / futuristic looking building would do the same thing. Why compete with the park icon. You can't hide a building that big with trees.

So, the best way to hide a large building is to put it out in the open. Driving to WDW or though any large city, we see warehouses and large industrial buildings all of the time. Power plants, water towers, utility poles, and other infrastructure. We have been conditioned to no longer notice these items.

When arriving at the park, the BBB sits off to the side. Most people will not realize it is part of EPCOT and their minds will dismiss it. Once you come into view of SEE, that is what will draw your attention. This large shinny golf ball, THAT is EPCOT. While you will be able to see the building from within the park, it will appear as if it is an industrial warehouse outside of the park. For most people, our minds will ignore it because that is what we are conditioned to do. The more that is done to disguise the building, the more it will stand out.

I think we all agree that it would have been better to build a ride that would not create a visual intrusion. But now that it is there, not hiding it might end up being the best (least objectionable) decision.

SplashJacket

Driving to WDW or though any large city, we see warehouses and large industrial buildings all of the time. Power plants, water towers, utility poles, and other infrastructure. We have been conditioned to no longer notice these items.

The whole point of Walt's Florida project was to have the room to expand and be able to avoid the clutter of industrial and commercial facilities that plagued Disneyland.

So, the best way to hide a large building is to put it out in the open.

Alternatively, they could have not built it in the first place. Imagineering kills concepts all the time. They did not have to utilize the design which called for an enormous eyesore.

Timothy_Q

The more pictures I see from various angles, I am starting to come to the conclusion that NOT theming the BBB was the right decision (and may have been more of a conscious decision and not simply cost cutting).

Once the decision was made to build this ride in this location, there is no theming that could have been incorporated into the building that would not have distracted from SSE. If you put Tower of Terror next to SSE, it would draw the eye away and compete for attention. A space age / futuristic looking building would do the same thing. Why compete with the park icon. You can't hide a building that big with trees.

So, the best way to hide a large building is to put it out in the open. Driving to WDW or though any large city, we see warehouses and large industrial buildings all of the time. Power plants, water towers, utility poles, and other infrastructure. We have been conditioned to no longer notice these items.

When arriving at the park, the BBB sits off to the side. Most people will not realize it is part of EPCOT and their minds will dismiss it. Once you come into view of SEE, that is what will draw your attention. This large shinny golf ball, THAT is EPCOT. While you will be able to see the building from within the park, it will appear as if it is an industrial warehouse outside of the park. For most people, our minds will ignore it because that is what we are conditioned to do. The more that is done to disguise the building, the more it will stand out.

I think we all agree that it would have been better to build a ride that would not create a visual intrusion. But now that it is there, not hiding it might end up being the best (least objectionable) decision.
I agree with what you're saying.
But taking a step back:

If there's no way to theme or hide a show building, then it's a badly designed ride.
They should've gone back to drawing board and designed a ride that isn't so absurdly tall

RSoxNo1

Hiding show buildings with trees isn't particularly difficult but when those show buildings are 130+ feet tall that becomes less of an option. The fact that they can't hide the Pandora show building from the parking lot means there will be zero effort to hide this one. I really think the only option here is to build a themed building in front of it (this fuels my Space Mountain to Epcot idea).

rle4lunch

Hiding show buildings with trees isn't particularly difficult but when those show buildings are 130+ feet tall that becomes less of an option. The fact that they can't hide the Pandora show building from the parking lot means there will be zero effort to hide this one. I really think the only option here is to build a themed building in front of it (this fuels my Space Mountain to Epcot idea).

How much space crap do you need in epcot? I mean i love space stuff but comeon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom