News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

matt9112

The Guardians ride goes through time, which is a nice nod to Ellen's Energy. I'm cool with the props they pay their old rides.

Disney doesn't have to bring back the Ellen animatronic though. I don't know who it looked like, but it wasn't Ellen.
Idk if there will be much show scenes? Besides load and unload? Do we have faith anything is going into the big box ?

Captain Neo

Since they prefaced this entire thing with Peter visiting Epcot Center, your thought seems highly likely. I am expecting a bit more than a passing reference or homage to UoE.

Seems like they dropped that concept. That was when Fitzgerald was overseeing the Epcot overhaul back in 2017 but it would seem he has since been removed from the project and the guardians theme has changed from Starlord is nostalgic for Epcot to Xandar exploring the origins of the universe

lazyboy97o

Seems like they dropped that concept. That was when Fitzgerald was overseeing the Epcot overhaul back in 2017 but it would seem he has since been removed from the project and the guardians theme has changed from Starlord is nostalgic for Epcot to Xandar exploring the origins of the universe
Fitzgerald fought against Sausalito because it was under the Marvel portfolio, not the Epcot portfolio he was overseeing.

Awakening

Which is unfortunate if that’s true, the tributes to old-Epcot would have been fun.

Captain Neo

Fitzgerald fought against Sausalito because it was under the Marvel portfolio, not the Epcot portfolio he was overseeing.

Not sure what this means. In 2017 Fitzgerald still had the Epcot portfolio and joe Rhodes had the marvel portfolio. I don’t know when Fitzgerald was moved off the Epcot project or when Sausalito took over for Rhode. Also if there is debate about which direction a project is heading in then wouldn’t it fall to Bob Weiss and Bob Chapek to have final say?

lazyboy97o

Not sure what this means. In 2017 Fitzgerald still had the Epcot portfolio and joe Rhodes had the marvel portfolio. I don’t know when Fitzgerald was moved off the Epcot project or when Sausalito took over for Rhode. Also if there is debate about which direction a project is heading in then wouldn’t it fall to Bob Weiss and Bob Chapek to have final say?
Project Sausalito is the attraction. It is a Marvel project, not an Epcot project. Fitzgerald didn’t want the Guardians of the Galaxy in Epcot.

Thank God Fitzgerald was removed from the project. He loves screens and forgets there's other ways to tell story.
He wasn’t on the project.

MickeyMouse10

Idk if there will be much show scenes? Besides load and unload? Do we have faith anything is going into the big box ?

I think this ride will have a lot great visuals. There is a lot that can be done with the Guardians.

Look at what they did with Mission Breakout over in Cali. There is so much eye candy on that ride it's unbelievable.

matt9112

I think this ride will have a lot great visuals. There is a lot that can be done with the Guardians.

Look at what they did with Mission Breakout over in Cali. There is so much eye candy on that ride it's unbelievable.

Your comparing a ride that utilized exsisting show space (from a prior ride) and more importantly goes up and down a few times reusing the same space. (A much smaller space) in not arguing that there cant be lots done im simply skeptical of disneys desire to spend money to fill that massive box that can fit spaceship earth inside it with detail.

Piebald

Dont care to read everything but if anyone knows I do have one question.

Will this be a roller coaster similar to Escape from Gringotts which has "show scenes" along with coaster elements ?

gustaftp

Thank God Fitzgerald was removed from the project. He loves screens and forgets there's other ways to tell story.
For this particular attraction, couldn't that be considered a wash, then? UoE was primarily screen-based, with a ride element tossed in for good measure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom