News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

DCLcruiser

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ns-of-the-galaxy-cosmic-rewind-ride-vehicles/

Storytelling Coaster
"As you can see in the video above – provided by Walt Disney Imagineering – each individual cab in the attraction’s OmniCoaster ride system will direct your eyes to the story happening around you. Instead of whizzing by the action, the system will fully immerse you in the attraction’s story from the minute you take off."

smile

"a planetarium-like exhibition that explores the similarities and mysteries of the formation of Earth’s galaxy and Xandar."

eye-roll.gif

Stripes

"a planetarium-like exhibition that explores the similarities and mysteries of the formation of Earth’s galaxy and Xandar."

eye-roll.gif
If they use current scientific knowledge regarding the formation of the Milky Way galaxy (and say that’s how Xandar started too), I think it’s actually a pretty good storyline. I feel like it’s a decent integration of educational content with IP.

If they just makeup some theory about the formation of the two then that would be disappointing.

smile

If they use current scientific knowledge regarding the formation of the Milky Way galaxy (and say that’s how Xandar started too), I think it’s actually a pretty good storyline. I feel like it’s a decent integration of educational content with IP.

If they just makeup some theory about the formation of the two then that would be disappointing.

considering xandar is completely fake and our galaxy is assuredly not, i'm quite unsure of what you're trying to say

Stripes

considering xandar is completely fake and our galaxy is assuredly not, i'm quite unsure of what you're trying to say
I’m just saying that if they keep the story rooted in the scientific evidence of the Milky Way and translate that to Xandar (obviously a fake planet) instead of the other way around, it would maintain a degree of educational content. You’d be learning about the accurate scientific evidence surrounding the creation of our galaxy while Disney pretends that the same evidence applies to a fake planet.

I hope that makes more sense.

smile

I’m just saying that if they keep the story rooted in the scientific evidence of the Milky Way and translate that to Xandar (obviously a fake planet) instead of the other way around, it would maintain a degree of educational content. You’d be learning about the accurate scientific evidence surrounding the creation of our galaxy while Disney pretends that the same evidence applies to a fake planet.

well, it's in world discovery...................................

giphy.gif

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ya know...

I got to see the Awesome Mix Tape Live show for the first time last month (thanks to the carrot of an AP preview of SWL). And I really liked it. A really good live outdoor stage show.

And, here's the part that I know will make some groan... they did a great job explaining why there is a "real live Star Lord show" in this reality of Epcot (and Earth 616... our Earth). The events of The Guardians movies and the Infinity War Saga has now put Earth on the galactic map. And so, Xandar, reaches out for a cultural exchange and sees the Nations of the World gathered at Epcot and puts their music on display.

Star Lord interrupts (with typical American exceptionalistic swagger and personal narcissism) to teach them Earth music.

World Showcase is now a Galactic Showcase. As far as theme park back stories go... makes as much sense as walking back in time by crossing some bridge or threshold.

And it softens up the public for a more permanent Xandarian pavilion... and more Guardian interference for Cosmic Rewind.

Last edited:

Movielover

Ya know...

I got to see the Awesome Mix Tape Live show for the first time last month (thanks to the carrot of an AP preview of SWL). And I really liked it. A really good live outdoor stage show.

And, here's the part that I know will make some groan... they did a great job explaining why there is a "real live Star Lord show" in this reality of Epcot (and Earth 616... our Earth). The events of The Guardians movies and the Infinity War Saga has now put Earth on the galactic map. And so, Xandar, reaches out for a cultural exchange and sees the Nations of the World gathered at Epcot and puts their music on display.

Star Lord interrupts (with typical American exceptionalistic swagger and personal narcissism) to teach them Earth music.

World Showcase is now a Galactic Showcase. As far as theme park back stories go... makes as much sense as walking back in time by crossing some bridge or threshold.

And it softens up the public for more permanent Xandarian pavilion... and more Guardian interference for Cosmic Rewind.

"But... But... Guardians is Marvel and Marvel is IP and IP bad!"

giphy.gif

;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom