News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

DCLcruiser

The look of a restraint really does not say anything about intensity. A new Vekoma family coaster and a new Vekoma thrill coaster would have the same restraint. The vest that actually touches the shoulders seen on rides like Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris are purely optional.
I would assume over the top is required to invert. So this can't be nearly as intense as RnRC.

trainplane3

How many US scream machines, that invert, don't have over the top restraints?
Most coasters that are being built nowadays don't have over the shoulder. It's only used to make people "feel safer". Toss in every single RMC as well plus other manufacturers ditching over the shoulder too.

This just opened a couple months ago and only uses a lap bar with a type of ankle restraint: https://rcdb.com/16479.htm.
20180712arSteelCurtain07AA-1565192420.jpg

DCLcruiser

Most coasters that are being built nowadays don't have over the shoulder. It's only used to make people "feel safer". Toss in every single RMC as well plus other manufacturers ditching over the shoulder too.

This just opened a couple months ago and only uses a lap bar with a type of ankle restraint: https://rcdb.com/16479.htm.
20180712arSteelCurtain07AA-1565192420.jpg

Crazy Steelers fans haha.

My favorite is still Alpengeist at BGW. Fully inverted, hanging from the track above you.

latest

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 3.43.00 PM.png

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I would assume over the top is required to invert. So this can't be nearly as intense as RnRC.
Lots of new coasters that go upside down do not have over-the-shoulder restraints. A new Vekoma with inversions would have the same restraints as a new Vekoma family coaster. The vests on Space Mountain are entirely optional and do nothing to actually secure the rider.

Magic Feather

Do we know the "thrill" level of this one? Can we compare it to anything? I'm guessing since there aren't any inversions and no head/shoulder restraints, that it shouldn't be on the level of Rockin' Roller Coaster but maybe on the level of Space Mountain, but with a backwards launch?
The ride profile has been described to me as a combination of Everest and Slinky. I would probably liken it to riding TRON in normal seats.

Tonto

To be honest it depends. Gs maybe but as an experience, doubtful.

More intense than Anaheim’s SM maybe ;)
Had the opportunity to do SM in the complete dark during "Mickeys not so scary..." Nothing changed besides complete darkness and a soundtrack that they were playing in the building. It was an awesome intense experience. My point is something doesn't need to go 100mph's to be an intense experience, nor am I looking for an intense experience, just a good one.

trainplane3

Crazy Steelers fans haha.

My favorite is still Alpengeist at BGW. Fully inverted, hanging from the track above you.

latest

View attachment 408830
Eh, I suppose. I'm more a hockey person though. Oddly enough, I've been to Cedar Point (and WDW) more then I've been to Kennywood. One's 45 minutes away and the other is almost 3 hours. Funny how that works, isn't? Then again, one park is managed incredibly well and the other has the worst operations I've ever seen and I'm reminded everytime I return. What a shame.

I enjoyed that on my visit down there nearly a decade ago. I really need to get back down. Hit up Kings Dominion as well too.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If it's supposed to be a Xandar outpost, I don't think that really fits the IP. It would fit Guardians in general, but the Xandar we saw in the movies was absolutely pristine and shining.

Although I guess it was destroyed in a later movie, so maybe it could fit.
Hey, how about a spoiler alert, please!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

Jokers Jinx, both Flight of Fears, Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Twisted Colossus, Wicked Cyclone, Steel Curtain, Superman (SFDK), SooperDooperLooper, Iron Rattler, Joker (SFDK), Mind Bender, New Revolution, I'm 100% certain I'm missing a bunch, but if you need me to continue the list, please let me know!

Imagineer777

Hey guys, do we know for sure if Drax isn't going to be in Cosmic Rewind because of Universal contract shenanigans? Even Yondu and Cosmo have shown up on the Skyliner, but Drax is nowhere to be seen...Then again, we hear his name being referenced multiple times in Awesome Mix Live so..

or maybe it's just because he's standing so incredibly still, that he's become invisible

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom