News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

TrojanUSC

FEA is not a book report at all. TLM is in Fantasyland but it is also the exception.

Neither SWL nor Pandora are places recreated from the movie. GotG doesn’t look like a book report either. These new IP attractions take the IP and world they’re in and expand them. In the end, all that really matters is that it’s a good attraction. And, Disney hasn’t built a real dud in a while at least here in the US.

While not a new build, Incredicoaster is uniquely terrible.

Imagineer777

I wonder if the events of Endgame will factor into the storyline of this attraction, or if they're aiming to place it at a random, pre-IW time.
That's a good question! I've been working on a timeline that combines the MCU with the Disney Parks attractions, and certain things kept not adding up within the MCU that we know, for example:

-Peter still has his Walkman after the events of GOTG 2.

-The Milano is seen in perfect condition after Mantis is on the GOTG's team, even though it was destroyed and replaced by the Benetar.
Awesome Mix Live mentions this, referring to the Benetar even though Groot is still a baby in the show instead of a teenager; also mentions Drax and The Sovereign.

-Ant-Man and Iron Man teaming up, even though there's been little to no interaction between them since CW/Endgame.

-Wasp being an active part of the Avengers during Hydra attacks, which once again doesn't add up because of AMATW/IW/Endgame.

After seeing this, I did some research and came across this article which gave me a solution:

If I had to guess, GOTG at EPCOT is probably set between GOTG 1 and 2, we see:

-Nova Corps/Xandarians.

-GOTG 2 outfits for Gamora and Rocket outside.

-Adult Groot inside and outside, GOTG 1 Quill, Gamora, and Rocket in the pre-show (more conflicting details).

-GOTG 1 & 2 Milano.

-Pre-show is set aboard Yondu's ship seen in GOTG 1 & 2 (before it exploded), The Eclector, as seen below in this handy dandy image I made!

It also seems very coincidental that the multiverse is about to be introduced to us in Far From Home...

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I wonder if the events of Endgame will factor into the storyline of this attraction, or if they're aiming to place it at a random, pre-IW time.
That's a good question! I've been working on a timeline that combines the MCU with the Disney Parks attractions, and certain things kept not adding up within the MCU that we know, for example:
The theme park attractions do not exist within the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They are a similar but distinct universe.

RSoxNo1

-Peter still has his Walkman after the events of GOTG 2.

-The Milano is seen in perfect condition after Mantis is on the GOTG's team, even though it was destroyed and replaced by the Benetar.
Awesome Mix Live mentions this, referring to the Benetar even though Groot is still a baby in the show instead of a teenager; also mentions Drax and The Sovereign.

-Ant-Man and Iron Man teaming up, even though there's been little to no interaction between them since CW/Endgame.

-Wasp being an active part of the Avengers during Hydra attacks, which once again doesn't add up because of AMATW/IW/Endgame.

After seeing this, I did some research and came across this article which gave me a solution:

View attachment 379538

If I had to guess, GOTG at EPCOT is probably set between GOTG 1 and 2, we see:

-Nova Corps/Xandarians.

-GOTG 2 outfits for Gamora and Rocket outside.

-Adult Groot inside and outside, GOTG 1 Quill, Gamora, and Rocket in the pre-show (more conflicting details).

-GOTG 1 & 2 Milano.

-Pre-show is set aboard Yondu's ship seen in GOTG 1 & 2 (before it exploded), The Eclector, as seen below in this handy dandy image I made!
View attachment 379539

It also seems very coincidental that the multiverse is about to be introduced to us in Far From Home...

I know at a time, they were looking to have all of the Marvel rides effectively take place in the theme park location they're in. It makes them be a bit self aware from a story telling standpoint and it's safe to assume the Guardians ride at Epcot will hold true to that. The Peter Quill visited Epcot as a kid backstory supports this.

Mac Tonight

I know at a time, they were looking to have all of the Marvel rides effectively take place in the theme park location they're in. It makes them be a bit self aware from a story telling standpoint and it's safe to assume the Guardians ride at Epcot will hold true to that. The Peter Quill visited Epcot as a kid backstory supports this.
Worst. Backstory. Ever.

What's interesting though is that with SW, they're taking the completely opposite approach. Trying to make it seem like you're actually on a remote planet outpost in the galaxy. I guess you gotta draw the line of immersion somewhere.

RSoxNo1

Worst. Backstory. Ever.

What's interesting though is that with SW, they're taking the completely opposite approach. Trying to make it seem like you're actually on a remote planet outpost in the galaxy. I guess you gotta draw the line of immersion somewhere.
I disagree. When the ride was a rumor, myself and others threw that backstory out there as a workable story treatment. The problem is, I suspect it won't be a major component of the attraction. They could make this attraction a love letter to classic Epcot with that backstory but there have been zero indications that's the move that they're going to do.

Timothy_Q

Also, Epcot is a different park, in that it's not meant to transport you to a different time and place.

The park itself is the place, the world's fair.

So, having Guardians take place in the actual park works, in that sense
(even though the ride is obviously in the wrong park)

Last edited:

Mac Tonight

I disagree. When the ride was a rumor, myself and others threw that backstory out there as a workable story treatment. The problem is, I suspect it won't be a major component of the attraction. They could make this attraction a love letter to classic Epcot with that backstory but there have been zero indications that's the move that they're going to do.
Unless they're going to bring in classic Epcot along for the ride (so to speak), it just seems like cheap pandering justification for including an attraction where it doesn't belong.

RSoxNo1

Unless they're going to bring in classic Epcot along for the ride (so to speak), it just seems like cheap pandering justification for including an attraction where it doesn't belong.
I absolutely believe you're correct, but the backstory that Peter Quill visited Epcot as a kid could work as a reasonable theme. I (like you) just have doubts on the execution/story treatment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom