News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

rnese

From today.

Kinda but not really at all blending with the sky.
gFILgCg.jpg

If any part of the gravity building is gonna get theming, I'd imagine it'll be this side. It sorta sticks out from the rest of the building. Catwalks are up inside and some of the piping for the wiring is installed. Also, to the left of the track is a track support, not sure if that's new or not.
OIIllS5.jpg

The transition tunnel. On the go-away-blue panels, note the small slit running up it on the left. Not sure what that would be for exactly. Some nice festive work lights on the staircase at least. Merry Christmas, y'all.
o5uXBHo.jpg

The ladder is still dead.
CmcA4j9.jpg

And a lil' panorama of the building. It's not as bendy in real life.
KSnJoZn.jpg
WAIT!!!! WHERE DID THE BUILDING GO!?!?!?

Bocabear

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with that monstrosity of a building if we were getting something that would actually fit in the park. Also, what happens if/when people don't care about GotG anymore? Look at what happened to SGE.
Stitch's Great Escape was a horrible rethemed attraction... you can make no comparison to what that was and what they are currently building... Even if the franchise popularity dwindles, a well done attraction will stand... Look at Rock and Roller Coaster... the lines are not necessarily because everyone is a fan of aerosmith... It's a great attraction and a lot of fun. I have no doubt this attraction will be well done and fun albeit very short ...

lazyboy97o

That doesn't change the fact that it became a classic over time. Also, many successful movies have been forgotten over the years. GotG is still fairly recent, so it is not known yet if it will fade away with time.
Decades after its release, not two years after when the first attraction opened.

ChewbaccaYourMum

The difference is that Peter Pan is a proven classic. GotG only came out a few years ago, so we don't know for sure if it will have the staying power to become a classic.
Ok so let's look at the ride based on that movie from 1946, song of the south. That ride seems to be doing just fine. Bottom line IMO if the ride is good, it can become a classic on it's own and not be dependent on the IP or theming attached to it, in the future. And then in the future it's free advertising for new audiences to be curious about the GOTG movies this ride is based on and maybe could introduce whole new generations to them and the MCU as a whole!

Ripken10

Time will tell.
The first movie came out over 4 years ago, but the comic has been out since 1960. While not the same level as the movie, being a marvel comic will keep it relevant for a rather large group of people alone. Being a marvel movie will also make it relevant for a longer period of time as well. The ride will only likely increase its chances of staying relevant with more people, especially if it is good. I honestly think that this franchise has longer staying power than some other marvel franchises, but you are right, time will tell. If I were a betting man, I would bet on this franchise sticking around.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Does anyone believe that at this stage they could stick a different IP on instead of GotG because of the film delay etc

Not at all. While the coaster is a coaster, they'd have to redesign all the cars and sets and pre-shows and theming. This would be like starting from scratch and add an extra two years for the spit-balling and then design and fabrication.

Also, as the above discussion has pointed out, you don't need an movie-based ride to have a movie currently coming out to have a successful IP-ride. Cf. Flight of Passage.

rle4lunch

SGE was a terrible attraction.

The movie is still incredibly beloved

I'm unique. I think that movie is tripe. The animation sucks, the characters are really phoned in, it all stinks.. We recently watched the Direct to Video sequel, and it's pretty much on par with the original, which doesn't bode well for the original. It cemented my opinion that the first one stunk. I know I know, I'm in the minority.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Yep, it is and people still love Stitch.

It was a bad attraction. Not sure why they took lovable figures like Stitch and Figment and made them totally obnoxious :(

Yep, and they could have used Stitch better. In Tokyo, the same animatronic is used for a Stitch addition to their Tiki Room and he's just having fun the whole time and playing a ukulele. I know that would never fly for the tiki room purists here, but it works there.

DznyRktekt

From today.

Kinda but not really at all blending with the sky.
gFILgCg.jpg

If any part of the gravity building is gonna get theming, I'd imagine it'll be this side. It sorta sticks out from the rest of the building. Catwalks are up inside and some of the piping for the wiring is installed. Also, to the left of the track is a track support, not sure if that's new or not.
They have lost their minds. Absolutely ridiculous.

Kman101

Yep, and they could have used Stitch better. In Tokyo, the same animatronic is used for a Stitch addition to their Tiki Room and he's just having fun the whole time and playing a ukulele. I know that would never fly for the tiki room purists here, but it works there.

It does work there (and Tokyo has a "character thing"). I wouldn't totally hate it here (we still have the pure one in Disneyland) if it meant keeping the Tiki room mostly as is. I know, I know ... but I think we're kind of past the point of keeping things pure after we had to endure Iago and Zazu. I'd rather Stitch than Moana. Agreed most on here would flip out and be angry. But I think it's a better use of Stitch ... though I also felt Stitch instead of Buzz in the dark ride would have also been better, but of course Stitch wasn't around when Buzz went in ... and Buzz has oddly grown on me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom