News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
This shot would be much improved (and the beast building less obvious) if innoventions was painted a cool single color...like it used to be.
I was thinking the same thing.

I originally was fairly neutral on Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat colour scheme. Now I don’t care for it all!

Kman101

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I feel like I would have rather seen the UoE building removed completely instead of having that monstrosity built behind it. A new building altogether would have opened up more possibilities for a better use of the space.

I never really complain about these type of things, but the building is ridiculous. Massive is an understatement. Staying at my Disney Springs hotel room last week I could get a great shot of Disney Springs and the surrounding area and you could clearly and I mean clearly, see this insane structure blocking SSE. Just unbelievably massive ... a big ole blue box. At least almost everything around it looked 10x more appealing. I get it serves their purpose but ... and then I wonder if I'd rather it be themed and see it and I'd rather stick with the big ugly box. We just wouldn't win here either way with that thing.

sedati

Can somebody spill now on just what the thought was behind the multi-colored Innoventions buildings? Wasn't that supposed to the beginnings of something that never panned out?
I believe it was a visual guide for helping to orient guests who unlike ourselves, have not memorized the park layout. The colors help break up and differentiate aspects of the monochromatic plaza. Being surrounded by beige and glass can be disorienting for some tourists, and also offers no visual information about what lay beyond those stylish battlements. I love the logos used at EPCOT Center, but the park relied WAY too much on signage.
On my last trip I was surprised how mixed up those in my party got in this area of the park. It was actually pretty handy to point and say a color as a direction.
"Hurry, we have to get to Soarin'!"
"Go through the green part!"
"Hey, where's that free Coke place?"
"Down there at the brownish corner."
"Hurry, now we have to get to Test Track!"
"Go through the blue part!"
"Where's the free coke again?"

Why there isn't a cart there selling neopolitan ice cream bars is baffling.

You don't have to like it, but I think it's a creative aid to a problem (yes, I believe Epcot has problems in its basic design.)

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
I have to say, you people truly amaze me when you complain about the look of the building. Disney World has not ONE, not TWO, not THREE, but **SIX** new E-Ticket attractions actively under construction!!! Never in my lifetime have so many E's been under construction at once. How many did AK OPEN with? Two? Studios? One or Two?

Disney is far from perfect, but common, is the look of that building really worth complaining about? What do we really want? I think 95% us want amazing, cutting edge, super-high tech attractions and that's EXACTLY what they are delivering to us...

Let's give credit where credit is due. We are a long ways from the Paul Pressler era....
I partially agree, but I want more than just e-tickets. Disney has always been about the theming, the little details, and thats what make the parks so enjoyable to me. Sure, FoP is great, but the aesthetic of Pandora makes the whole experience better. Same with Galaxy's Edge. I'm looking as much forward to the land as I am to the attractions.

lazyboy97o

I have to say, you people truly amaze me when you complain about the look of the building. Disney World has not ONE, not TWO, not THREE, but **SIX** new E-Ticket attractions actively under construction!!! Never in my lifetime have so many E's been under construction at once. How many did AK OPEN with? Two? Studios? One or Two?

Disney is far from perfect, but common, is the look of that building really worth complaining about? What do we really want? I think 95% us want amazing, cutting edge, super-high tech attractions and that's EXACTLY what they are delivering to us...

Let's give credit where credit is due. We are a long ways from the Paul Pressler era....
The theme park is distinguished from the amusement park by the inter connectivity of experiences. It is more than just a collection of rides and attractions. Even the best collection of rides and attractions does not make a theme park.

That Disney is now desperate to add capacity and more and more additions must be marquee attractions is the result of the continued guidance of Paul Pressler’s model.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Disney is far from perfect, but common, is the look of that building really worth complaining about?
Yes.

Es are wonderful. In the right place. With the right theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom