News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

ChrisFL

Premium Member
When does an attraction begin? Is it the moment you step onto a moving vehicle or the show starts? I think in the past that was true.

For all of you pining for the EPCOT Center of old, think of how engaged you feel slowly moving through the Living with the Land queue and you'll know how these rides handled their act ones. I remember thinking how The Living Seas queue stood out at the park as it wasn't a switchback and there was actually stuff to look at while you waited (besides a mural or carpeted walls.)

For myself, once immersed in the theme and story of an attraction, I feel we've begun. Nowadays that happens well before the (short) ride, at least with the bigger attractions. If the Flight of Passage queue was navigated by a slow moving omnimover with a dry narration telling me what I was looking at- you've basically got something on par in breath and scope of an EPCOT Center attraction (albeit with only one animatronic, but that garden area between the waterfalls and floating mountains trumps all as far as I'm concerened.)

Tower of Terror is a great example. From the time the tower looms over me in the garden I feel like I'm in it. I'm not only fully engaged, but am absorbing the story. The lobby and boiler rooms are more show-scene than holding pen. The ride itself is short, but my sense of attraction time is considerably longer.

Outside of the argument of location, I'll say once the Guardians's queue has me fully immersed in that world and the story begins to unfold, I'll likely consider myself on the attraction.

You definitely have a point about EPCOT Center's queues. The Living Seas also had a pre-show film and hydrolators to really bring up the pre-show and post-show quality.

Horizons was also good with their queue, as small as it was.

Pam Hates Penguins

I truly and honestly didn't even notice it in this picture until I read the caption. I even scrolled past it, looking for this tweet to embed here.

It really depends on the type of day. And Florida sure gets plenty of these kind of cloudy days for sure. Think about how it will look against the bright blue sky. Horrendous. We call this building thematically fitting into Future World? :banghead:

Clamman73

It really depends on the type of day. And Florida sure gets plenty of these kind of cloudy days for sure. Think about how it will look against the bright blue sky. Horrendous. We call this building thematically fitting into Future World? :banghead:

Now I get it...It was only built to accentuate the beauty of the original pavilions.

Last edited:

SukaVayne33

So instead of Go Away Green, we now have "Peek A Boo Blue, we can still see you" Yeah it will depend maybe how else they may do. I live in Orlando and we get some amazing days, and then we have the little storms that pop up, and the cloudy Mean Clouds that are just gray all day. I think when was there earlier, I noticed maybe 3 times, but I was actually looking for it. So my bad on that.

Smooth

7cb07864e159b0c45bc743804772cda6e38251553ce20145cddceadfc7e648c6.jpg

doctornick

Indeed. For the last six-ish years I’ve noticed queue areas being called “showscene one”, “showscene three” as opposed to the previous “preshow one”, “preshow three” etc.

If a ride has FP+, I would assume that it "starts" wherever merge is with FP+/Standby -- if FP+ bypasses "scenes" from the queue, then how could they be part of the ride? Otherwise, it would indicate that FP+ does not get you the full ride experience.

Timothy_Q

We've already seen pictures with a blue sky, it blends just as well.

That's when people said "well it works with a blue sky, but imagine how bad it'll look when it's overcast!"

doctornick

FP+ does not get you the full experience.

And that's the problem. If they are designing rides as the queue being the first few show scenes then those scenes need to be experienced by all riders (i.e. including FP+ users). If the idea is just that the queue is "plussed" for a nice experience than just plain switchbacks, but still just a line, then having FP+ bypass is reasonable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom