News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

flynnibus

Premium Member
With the pace of the panel installation... It almost makes me wonder if they were piloting the look.. and waiting to see it in all the different weather/light before finishing it off. What do you think?

lazyboy97o

With the pace of the panel installation... It almost makes me wonder if they were piloting the look.. and waiting to see it in all the different weather/light before finishing it off. What do you think?
That’s the roll of mock ups. It’d be a ridiculous waste and gamble to only order a good chunk of your exterior assembly only to potentially junk it and order something different which may also be replaced.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That’s the roll of mock ups. It’d be a ridiculous waste and gamble to only order a good chunk of your exterior assembly only to potentially junk it and order something different which may also be replaced.

Well it can be refinished presumably. And scale mock ups are relatively poor at dealing with colors and testing things that really rely on fooling the brain for best effect.

What we do know is... panels went up quick... and now... not so quick even on the same elevations.

lazyboy97o

Well it can be refinished presumably. And scale mock ups are relatively poor at dealing with colors and testing things that really rely on fooling the brain for best effect.

What we do know is... panels went up quick... and now... not so quick even on the same elevations.
The panels are likely PVDF coated in a factory and a proper refinishing requires a crew more skilled than a typical paint crew.

Contractor mock ups are done at full scale with the exact materials. Obviously not as tall, but it wouldn’t be a scaled model.

LittleBuford

It's quite effective in person. You know it's still there, and can find it without trouble, but it blends in perfectly with the Florida sky.

It looked quite good today, too.

I can't wait to see it when it's completely closed off.

Thank you! I’m glad all our worrying seems to have been premature. I thought the only way this would work is if they themed it, so I’m pleased to be proven wrong.

Missing20K

Need a shed?
Need a shed that is so large that your neighbors will report you to the HOA?
Need a shed that adds no designed elements to your carefully designed homestead?
Need a shed that blends into the sky as long as it's a relatively blue sky with few clouds, no overcast, no rain, and no ambient lighting?

Well you're in luck because for a limited time only, Walt Disney is offering his latest and greatest innovation in shed building to the general public! Walt Disney's World of Sheds is proud to present Walt Disney's Invisible Shed!

Order now and be the first on your block to have a genuine Walt Disney Invisible Shed!

LittleBuford

Need a shed?
Need a shed that adds no designed elements to your carefully designed homestead?
Need a shed that blends into the sky as long as it's a relatively blue sky with few clouds, no overcast, no rain, and no ambient lighting?

Well you're in luck because for a limited time only, Walt Disney is offering his latest and greatest innovation in shed building to the general public! Walt Disney's World of Sheds is proud to present Walt Disney's Invisible Shed!

Order now and be the first on your block to have a genuine Walt Disney Invisible Shed!

You may joke, but I for one am truly impressed with how relatively inconspicuous they've managed to make this thing. Sign me up for one!

mikejs78

Premium Member
Need a shed?

From the pics it looks like it blends when overcast too.

Skibum1970

Need a shed?

Be careful or Kings Island will sue #Don'tGoInTheShed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom