News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Lensman

I don't think they've quite figured out that "Go-Away Green" loses its effectiveness once a building reaches gargantuan proportions, unless they're planning on planting gigantic trees to block most of the view.
So then it'll look more like this (landfill). :)
palmbeachlandfill.jpeg

I'm getting even less confident about this building.

No reason to have the panels pre-painted green, if they are just going to put theming over them. It is interesting to note that the highest panel in that picture is a lighter shade of green.
You're giving me more hope!

Maybe they're going to go for dazzle camouflage?
EB1922_Camouflage_Periscope_View.jpg

lazyboy97o

From page 300:

While we don't know the exact material or color, it's quite clear from the foundation and steel structure thus far that this will be nothing more than a box. Based on the framing we can tell that the siding will be a lightweight material (if I were a betting man, I'd put money on insulated metal panels) without any meaningful shape/depth/protrusions to add architectural interest or theme.

They can pick whatever color they want. They can paint a giant mural on the side. They can attempt to landscape the perimeter to make it disappear (at that height, good luck!). But none of that changes that it is a very utilitarian structure on a very large scale. It's a box that will look like a box, and will tower over almost everything in the park.

The most dimensional treatment we can expect is some inoffensive contrasting trim and accent panels, like what DL is getting on the back (parking garage-facing) side of their Star Wars project. It may be the best-looking warehouse in the industrial part of Anaheim, but it's a long way from being "good architecture", let alone the iconic futurism we've come to expect in Future World.
View attachment 289725
With the GOTG build roughly twice as tall, it may be better to go for something bland, to keep the eye from focusing on it. And when your best plan is to hope that people don't notice the elephant in the room, you haven't done a good job as a designer. If only the existing empty buildings in Future World were big enough to hold compelling attractions of their own...

Cesar R M

Which is why Disneyland (1955) should not have opened with:
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (1949)
Mad Tea Party (1951)
Peter Pan (1953)
20,000 Leagues Under the sea Exhibit (1954)
Davy Crockett Museum (1955)
Sleeping Beauty Castle (1959)
King Arthur's Carousel (1963)
Ah yes, comparing the 50's.. where there was limited amount of entertainment offered vs the current insane widespread variety and huge competition..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom