News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Funny how they can inductively charge these cars, but they can't put a power pack on the Skyliner cabs...

Both of those rides spend more time at a place where they can be charged then they spend in an area where they can't. The challenge with gondolas is that they spend a relatively short amount of time in the stations which is where you do the charging. The power system also adds a lot of weight to those ride vehicles which isn't a big issue for them, but becomes a much bigger issue when you are handing them from a cable.

UpAllNight

In all seriousness, what makes it one of the best rides you've ever been on? Not being snarky, I want to know why it's one of the best?

Only the original tower of terror comes close to it as a drop ride. Fundamentally it’s fun, the effects are well done, the Halloween version adds another level to it, and it is very well themed. It also has one of the best animatronics out there. Peoples dislike of the whole situation is clouding judgement in places.

lazyboy97o

Not to mention, patents don't necessarily need to be revolutionary, they just need to be an idea no one else has done.
Patents do not protect ideas, they protects processes. You can copy the idea but do it differently. This is why Dynamic Attractions was able to build Disney’s unique Soarin’ ride system and then offer their own flying theater. Or why Oceaneering was able to fix/build Universal’s ride vehicles for The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and then offer their own motion-based dark ride system. All of the coaster manufacturers offer a lot of similar types of coasters, but they’ll all have slightly unique means of achieving similar ends.

Kman101

Only the original tower of terror comes close to it as a drop ride. Fundamentally it’s fun, the effects are well done, the Halloween version adds another level to it, and it is very well themed. It also has one of the best animatronics out there. Peoples dislike of the whole situation is clouding judgement in places.

Thank you. I haven't experienced it so I'd like to hear about it from someone who's not biased towards it. My first instinct is to dislike the idea and the ride, the location, etc. But I'm also someone who's willing to give things a chance even if I don't find it fitting (I remain struggling with the coaster in Epcot but we'll see). Experiencing it and already making up your mind on it are two very different things :) Thank you. And having been on the CA Tower before it's transformation, it was always the weaker one of the four. Not that I wanted it gone but still ... and I know some argue against that excuse. No one needs to argue with me :) Just my opinion ... lol

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Is there less negativity surrounding the removal of the solar panels (for now) since we know that Disney has just built one huge solar farm on property? I mean it doesn't have the same PR value since most people won't notice it, but just a thought.

GlacierGlacier

Is there less negativity surrounding the removal of the solar panels (for now) since we know that Disney has just built one huge solar farm on property? I mean it doesn't have the same PR value since most people won't notice it, but just a thought.
There's not any particular negativity because they're old solar panels. Solar panels are normal, a traditional part of society now. Replacing them is like replacing tile.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There's not any particular negativity because they're old solar panels. Solar panels are normal, a traditional part of society now. Replacing them is like replacing tile.

Read back through this thread you will see plenty of people upset that the panels are being removed. I don't believe it's because of the loss of power generation, but more due to an attachment to what the pavilion once was.

Lensman

Read back through this thread you will see plenty of people upset that the panels are being removed. I don't believe it's because of the loss of power generation, but more due to an attachment to what the pavilion once was.
I'd bet there'd be support for the idea that if you're going to "replace" UoE/EEA with the Guardian's coaster, the ideal conversion would involve preserving as much as possible about the old pavilion - ride vehicles, animatronics, maybe even the movie. After the dinosaurs segment, Peter would pop in and say they need our help with something and we'd move from the theater vehicles into the coaster vehicles.

And of course the solar panels would stay on the roof because the premise is that we're going on the UoE attraction before we're drafted into helping the Guardians.

trainplane3

I'd bet there'd be support for the idea that if you're going to "replace" UoE/EEA with the Guardian's coaster, the ideal conversion would involve preserving as much as possible about the old pavilion - ride vehicles, animatronics, maybe even the movie. After the dinosaurs segment, Peter would pop in and say they need our help with something and we'd move from the theater vehicles into the coaster vehicles.

And of course the solar panels would stay on the roof because the premise is that we're going on the UoE attraction before we're drafted into helping the Guardians.
It'd be incredible to use the big bang sequence part of the EEA movie. Start it off with a blast.

Monorail_Red_77

Here are some pics taken today, Sunday 10-21.
Viewed from the parking lot.
989E415C-3D99-47BD-B6C5-85737778BEAB.jpeg
852C1C61-071C-4725-BEC2-5AE16C5D54FA.jpeg

The dark spot on the bottom left appears to be outer wall panels being installed. On the outside facing wonders of life.
55B3C64A-DE68-47C6-859A-DB3F4D9EC8A8.jpeg

Looks like the track ramp supports mentioned earlier bumping further developed. Inside the connection between load building and gravity building.
3871A892-8D6C-4472-8042-AABF6627311B.jpeg

Close up of the connection to load building (UoE)
7A4909F3-C3D4-457A-B7EE-C7420CF07CF7.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom